フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Gear sets Delve 2.0
Dragoon Gear sets Delve 2.0
First Page 2
 Asura.Krebons
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-03-28 18:13:29  
Seriously just looking for relevant TP WS HB and SL sets, that don't include relic/mythic (using Upu until I get Kumalo) I would like it to be optimal, and use Enif body for TP set.

Thanks for the help in advance!

P.S. Assume I am capped w/ buffs ect against say.. Tojil.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2014-03-28 18:21:49  
Would you like fries with that?
[+]
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-03-28 18:25:31  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Would you like fries with that?

And a Frosty, Yes please!

<3 you soups!
 Asura.Originalkord
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-03-28 23:34:37  
Tall order...may I ask why you want new delve sets and insist the Enif be an integral part of it?

Additional edit: You want delve 2.0 sets for Tojil...? Why not Delve 2.0 sets for Delve 2.0 content? Pretty sure doing a search of older posts will yield the sets youre looking at for Tojil.
 Odin.Rendra
サーバ: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-03-28 23:53:46  
Asura.Krebons said: »
Seriously just looking for relevant TP WS HB and SL sets, that don't include relic/mythic (using Upu until I get Kumalo) I would like it to be optimal, and use Enif body for TP set.

Thanks for the help in advance!

P.S. Assume I am capped w/ buffs ect against say.. Tojil.

I'm sure if you'd take the 5mins to look at the recent DRG posts you'd notice that there are a few sets with what you're looking for... even my sets that I used Enif in haven't been updated to my Ryunohige sets yet... cause I'm too lazy to do it.
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-03-29 00:32:05  
Odin.Rendra said: »

I'm sure if you'd take the 5mins to look at the recent DRG posts you'd notice that there are a few sets with what you're looking for... even my sets that I used Enif in haven't been updated to my Ryunohige sets yet... cause I'm too lazy to do it.

Asura.Originalkord said: »
Tall order...may I ask why you want new delve sets and insist the Enif be an integral part of it?

Additional edit: You want delve 2.0 sets for Tojil...? Why not Delve 2.0 sets for Delve 2.0 content? Pretty sure doing a search of older posts will yield the sets youre looking at for Tojil.

I was looking to see if there was any updates is what I meant, with the release of the last new stuff, like possible Kumalo being the weapon of choice over Upu (for those that don't have r/e) and things like that.

And Enif just looks good honestly. ^.^ That and it's actually pretty good.
 Asura.Originalkord
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-03-31 07:17:14  
I know this was looking for non RME sets, put the title fits--so sorry in advance...

Anyway, I came up with these sets specifically for Delve 2. Got my *** handed to me a few times and needed to build something without af3 body as the centerpiece.

ItemSet 321732

ItemSet 321734

All Xaddi pieces are on the stp 3 path
Cizin hands and legs each have +2 crit
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-03-31 22:21:20  
Asura.Originalkord said: »
I know this was looking for non RME sets, put the title fits--so sorry in advance...

Anyway, I came up with these sets specifically for Delve 2. Got my *** handed to me a few times and needed to build something without af3 body as the centerpiece.

ItemSet 321732

ItemSet 321734

All Xaddi pieces are on the stp 3 path
Cizin hands and legs each have +2 crit

That's some good help thank you :D

I was building more on DA/TA/QA but this is a neater way to look at it!
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-04-01 17:08:04  
I don't have a Ganesha's Mala, which is annoying. (I haven't found a set that uses it and beats this set, though.) This was the highest post-update set I found using Motenten's spreadsheet. Xaddi pieces assumed to use whichever paths have +3 STP.

ItemSet 321797

If you don't feel like updating your spreadsheet, I copied the new pieces out of mine and pasted them here: drive
It's editable by anyone, so you can edit in any pieces you'd like to share.
By Ophannus 2014-04-01 20:19:14  
Does that beat out a set with Enif Corazza/Triple Attack+1% shark feet, Cizin with +4% DA, Duplus Grip, Ganesha(everything else the same)?

Saw evidence previously that high multihit builds overtake 5hits, was wondering since the advent of this new gear.
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-04-01 20:28:26  
Narrowly, yes.

To my annoyance, there was a significant increase when I switched from Asperity to Ganesha's, though (loses 5hit).
By Ophannus 2014-04-10 19:32:19  
Yeah just checked the 4/5 Xaddi vs my current set and it's like 498 vs 501 in favor of Xaddi. Close but also that's against Fodder, the extra att/acc/str/dex will widen the gap even further until they release empyrean 119(losing like 2%QA, 1%TA, 6%DA by switching ,Af3 hands,Enif body, Cizin+2%aug legs and Ejekemal for 5/5 Xaddi.

Bloodrain is a pain to get for me since i don't have RNG PLD WHM BRD COR

Q_Q
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-10 19:34:04  
I was looking at the potential for a 4hit DRG/SAM build with the new polearm.

Curious to know if it's viable enough to compete with current 5 hit builds
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-04-10 19:36:24  
I've been looking for the name of the new polearm. Can someone post it, so i can see the stats on it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-10 19:40:53  
Areadbhar is the name of the new polearm
By Ophannus 2014-04-10 22:09:31  
What's the new best Stardiver set now?
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-04-10 22:13:14  
Real question is if anyone has done the Kumalo Paths. Thing looks beast but I can't find any info on it
By Ophannus 2014-04-11 10:38:43  
Guessing vishap mail is better than pteroslaver for stardiver? Pteroslaver has 3 more str but doesn't have as much acc and that 15ish acc seems hard to pass up especially on ilvl128 content
 Asura.Originalkord
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-04-11 17:13:18  
Ophannus said: »
Guessing vishap mail is better than pteroslaver for stardiver? Pteroslaver has 3 more str but doesn't have as much acc and that 15ish acc seems hard to pass up especially on ilvl128 content

You're gonna need that acc. Wouldn't sac it for the extra 3 point modifier. I havent 119'd any of the Relic gear at this point. I will probably do feet and head eventually, not sure about the others.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-11 17:15:33  
You can make up that 3point str modified in other slots, since you'll want the accuracy for all hits and any additional DA/TA hits to also land for higher over-all damage
 Odin.Rendra
サーバ: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-04-11 23:45:49  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

From what I can see, with that new polearm you can make a 4hit build I'm not sure if it's better than the 5 hits but if you're currently using Xaddi you'd end up losing a ton of Defense. I'm not creating an item set for it... just going to name off the pieces that bring you to a 4hit.

New Polearm from Oboro
Bloodrain Strap
Hagneia Stone or the new one from the Tenzen Fight
Yaoyotl Helm
Asperity Necklace
Brutal Earring
Tripudio Earring
Lancer's Plackart +2
Ogier's Gauntlets
K'ayres Ring
Rajas Ring
Goading Belt
Phorcys Dirs
Mikinaak Greaves

If this was already mentioned, I'm sorry. Just thought I'd chip in with the gear pieces.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-12 00:05:04  

From what I can see, with that new polearm you can make a 4hit build I'm not sure if it's better than the 5 hits but if you're currently using Xaddi you'd end up losing a ton of Defense. I'm not creating an item set for it... just going to name off the pieces that bring you to a 4hit.

New Polearm from Oboro
Bloodrain Strap
Yaoyotl Helm
Asperity Necklace
Brutal Earring
Tripudio Earring
Lancer's Plackart +2
Ogier's Gauntlets
K'ayres Ring
Rajas Ring
Goading Belt
Phorcys Dirs
Mikinaak Greaves

If this was already mentioned, I'm sorry. Just thought I'd chip in with the gear pieces.
I'm already sitting on a 5 hit /war (pretty sure I have an item set for it already, so it wouldn't take much to get to 4 hit as /samurai.

It's just a matter of swapping certain pieces in and out, while still maintaining high defensive armor
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-04-12 02:30:05  
I checked. For a 4 hit you have to sacrifice a lot of thing and eat pizza and obliviusy use the new weapon and idk if with that set you will be full haste or not
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-12 02:43:44  
This current set has STP+59, not counting STP with /sam traits - which may still be overkill for a DRG/SAM 4 hit.

ItemSet 289263

Edit: This is assuming both pieces of Xaddi armor utilize the STP Path, and has 27% haste.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-12 02:50:58  
Ragnarok.Alexhander said: »
I checked. For a 4 hit you have to sacrifice a lot of thing and eat pizza and obliviusy use the new weapon and idk if with that set you will be full haste or not
I dunno what kind of crack your on, but please share it as there is no pizza listed that gives any kind of stp.

Spaghetti Carbonara gives some STP where needed, *if* it's needed.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-04-12 05:26:05  
My fault i spoke about carbonara
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-04-12 05:37:09  
This set give and /sam give you 23,1 TP +6 stp from carbonara you will get 23,9. If you change Xaddi pants with phorryc and mail with AF3 you will get +69 tp, for 25,2 TP/hit, with 25 haste and lot of acc down
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-12 08:07:08  
You are aware that 1. Dragoon gets an accuracy bonus trait, 2. Hasso comes with an accuracy boost, 3. even with the slight modification to gear, Accuracy should be capped or close to it, 4. On any content you're not capped on with gear, you'll have bard or corsair buffs. and 5. The TP/WS Ratio would be the equalizer to whether or not the set itself is viable.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-12 08:52:02  
This current set has STP+59, not counting STP with /sam traits - which may still be overkill for a DRG/SAM 4 hit.

ItemSet 289263

Edit: This is assuming both pieces of Xaddi armor utilize the STP Path, and has 27% haste.
This is not a bad TP set, but it's not a 4-hit even with /SAM.

Getting a 4hit with a 492 weapon would take a minimum of 88 total STP. Even with /sam, that set is only at 74. Add carbonara for +6 more and you'd still be 8 short at 80 total stp.

So you'd need lancer body and then +1 more stp from somewhere to reach a 5hit. But, having switched to lancer body, you'd be at 24% haste.

Ahh. And then you'd need to WS in +34 STP gear(this assumes the use of carbonara), and land all 4 hits of stardiver to maintain it.

New Polearm from Oboro
Bloodrain Strap
Yaoyotl Helm
Asperity Necklace
Brutal Earring
Tripudio Earring
Lancer's Plackart +2
Ogier's Gauntlets
K'ayres Ring
Rajas Ring
Goading Belt
Phorcys Dirs
Mikinaak Greaves

This set does reach a 4-hit, but it's also at 22% haste.

But if you used Carbonara, then switched the hands for cizin +1, you'd gain 1 stp, and recap haste. And you'd need to WS in 29 STP, with all hits landing.

At this time, I wouldn't recommend trying for a 4 hit. There's not enough STP on ilvl gear to make it worth it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-12 09:52:37  
Thanks for the heads up Martel.

I can typically maintain all 4 hits on dragoon as it is, so that's not a problem, nor is 24% gear haste in a capped magic/ability haste situation, though of course, ideally, everyone wants capped gear haste. I could swap into Lancer's Plackart +2 with ease, if I could find at least STP+1 somewhere else, which does make it a viable - alternative set to use.
First Page 2