Prester

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Prester
Prester
By WhiteLighter 2014-04-02 09:58:03  
Is This item really worth it for ranger. and can A Malicious Manifest be soloed.
By Zoltar 2014-04-02 11:45:13  
Pretty sure this is only useful in situations where you're spamming Coronach onry and don't need the extra accuracy and/or a 4-hit setup provided by something stp-related in this slot.
 Sylph.Leafe
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2014-04-02 22:25:52  
If I'm not mistaken you play mnk, and I just wanted to share that I've personally soloed A Malicious Manifest as mnk/dnc multiple times. The biggest threat is probably the elementals, so I would Formless Strikes + Hundred Fists to take them out quickly. After the four elementals are down Tzee Xicu should be easy. If you want to be super safe you can grab an Instant Scroll of Shell from the Peacekeepers' Coalition beforehand, although this isn't necessary by any means.

As I don't play rng I'm not going to comment on the usefulness of this piece to the job, but best of luck to you should you decide to go after it!
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 09:44:02  
Thanks for the strategy! I would have thought to take out the Yag first. I almost have a complete popset.

Did you have to 1hr as monk, or were the Astral Flows relatively weak? That's what worries me about soloing it. Obviously shell would help, but again how strong were they?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-03 11:03:11  
Zoltar said: »
Pretty sure this is only useful in situations where you're spamming Coronach onry and don't need the extra accuracy and/or a 4-hit setup provided by something stp-related in this slot.

I cant really think of many situations where you'd spam last stand. Im guilty of popping a LS off every once in a while, but for the most part should be using coro all the time if you have access to it. Using prester or not, 4-hit is pretty easy to reach so there shouldnt be a problem there as well. Its not like you lose acc from using prester since you're switching a slot that you needed for stp before for racc to rep the loss of hurlbat(not to mention you're gaining more ws acc using prester). Only real loss is fencer bonus which isnt terrible. I just got mine the other day and so far ive liked it. My dnc friend solos the fight easily so shouldnt be a problem to win with most jobs solo.
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 11:56:14  
Who was talking about Last Stand?

And how do you lose Fencer if you're still /war? Nobody said you can't still /war...

You're confusing me lol
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-03 12:00:35  
You lose Fencer because you're using a two-handed weapon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-03 12:08:55  
Who was talking about Last Stand?

And how do you lose Fencer if you're still /war? Nobody said you can't still /war...

You're confusing me lol

As Onorgul said about fencer. If you arent using Coro & you arent using last stand, are you saying we should be using wildfire on everything or no weaponskills at all?
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 12:19:26  
Sorry to sound so crass, but this is a native Warrior trait. You're saying it doesn't apply to a Great Axe?

So wielding a staff + grip loses fencer? Makes no sense...
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-03 12:25:14  
You don't sound crass, but you are misinformed. Fencer explicitly says what it does in its description. It has ALWAYS applied ONLY to single-wielding a one-handed weapon, with or without a shield. It doesn't apply to two-handed weapons nor dual-wielded weapons.

Edit:
It does benefit ranged weaponskills so long as main-hand weapon requirements are met.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 12:27:10  
If I had no accuracy issues, I'd use this in a rng party, say for AA/DMv2, using Coronach only. In cases where I'm using JR, I'm obviously not going to use a Prester. That's all I'm saying
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-03 12:28:31  
Sorry to sound so crass, but this is a native Warrior trait. You're saying it doesn't apply to a Great Axe? So wielding a staff + grip loses fencer? Makes no sense...

What Onorgul said. It was intended to give more versatility to warrior, to allow for the use of their one-handed weapon proficiencies, as well as to benefit some of the one-handers that sub warrior.

It has mixed results for the former, but it is certainly helpful for the latter.

EDIT: Of note, BST and BRD (funny, SE...) get a degree of Fencer as well. Also isn't available when dual wielding.
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 12:30:10  
thanks for clearing that up! I think I feel more sorry for warrior now lol
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-04-03 12:34:36  
If I had no accuracy issues, I'd use this in a rng party, say for AA/DMv2, using Coronach only. In cases where I'm using JR, I'm obviously not going to use a Prester. That's all I'm saying

I figured ppl were already aware of the fact that using Prester is only going to be helpful if you have an anni, especially those refuting the option of using it..Guess I should know better by now.
By Zoltar 2014-04-03 14:39:12  
It's defiantly a viable option for Annihilator...I'm looking forward to testing it :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-20 13:01:00  
It's defiantly a viable option for Annihilator...I'm looking forward to testing it :)

I went 1/6 on this thing, whereas some friends have gone 1/1. Either way, be prepared for many trips to Castle Oz [S] and hope the other 3 RNG's on the zone were kind enough to leave you at least 1 out of the 8 NM's required for the BC.

I'm still doing Trials, but I can already tell a difference in Coronach damage from Mekki to Prester. I'd say it's well worth obtaining.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't realize I necro'd a month+ old thread.