日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Stardiver v drakesbane
Stardiver v drakesbane
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-04-22 14:27:13  
Hello new to drg leveling it up currently, I was looking into the pole WSs and it seems SD and DB are both pretty damn good can anyone tell me if either is better overall or are they situational? Which is a must have?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-22 14:39:59  
If you have a Ryu, use drakes, if not, Stardiver. There's a handful of reasons to have drakes anyway so it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick it up as well.
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-04-23 10:07:21  
You should also have Camlaans Torment unlocked for self skillchain situations also.

Pretend you do the following damage with each weaponskill:

5000 stardiver
4500 drakes
3500 camlaans

Using camlaans and then drakesbane will result in a light skillchain for around 4000 in this case. The combination of both of these WSs and the skillchain damage pulls ahead of only using stardiver + stardiver.

But that is very situational.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-04-23 11:43:26  
So drakes >> drakes won't make light on its own?
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-23 11:49:01  
Nope only relic and some empyrean weaponskills skillchain with themselves to make light or darkness.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-04-23 12:11:14  
All right , thanks.
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-04-23 12:41:14  
On a last note... Don't forget to unlock impulse drive for proccing polearm in VW.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-23 17:44:37  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
So drakes >> drakes won't make light on its own?
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Nope only relic and some empyrean weaponskills skillchain with themselves to make light or darkness.
All my deep eternal rage at this. I so very much want Drakes>Drakes>Light. It'd be so delicious with Ryu WS frequency.

Although I do understand why mythics didn't get a lvl 3 property like empyreans or relics. I assume it's because they were unlockable without the mythic weapon, so SE nerfed the WS a bit by only giving up to lvl 2 SC properties.

But considering empyrean WS are no longer locked to their weapons... I feel Mythic WS are due an update. Can remove that bloody atk penalty while you're at it SE...
By Ophannus 2014-04-27 16:34:05  
Doing that would buff non mythic drgs too since drakesbane has a better FTP than stardiver(though I wonder if the extra wsc would still put star ahead due to stay vomit).

Geirskogul>star for darkness is pretty strong too, love that when low manning or solo.