users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Tripudio macro issue
Tripudio macro issue
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-05-15 20:34:29  
I cannot get tripudio earring to equip via macro. I have checked spelling, position, ear1 and ear2... It will not equip. Is it secretly mispelled, is there a random space, or are my scripts just failing me for no apparent reason?
By Zyla 2014-05-15 20:38:26  
try hitting the macro twice? i'm having basically the same issue with thaumas body and i have to hit the macro twice to get it to switch the body piece in correctly. no idea what's causing this
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-05-15 20:44:28  
Let me clarify, this issue does not occur with natural macros, it will only occur in a script.

And it is an RA macro with precast in it as well, so hitting twice isn't an option not that it works anyway when i hit it twice
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-05-15 20:50:48  
Ok, so if my macro fails and i get caught in precast, then i hit macro a 2nd time, it will equip. but if my macro does not fail and i end my shot in tp gear, the earring will not equip even upon repeatedly hitting the macro. So to get it to equip, i have to get stuck in precast gear... So after every WS i have to force myself to get stuck in precast gear in order to tp normally for the shots after that...

This makes no sense

input /equip waist "Impulse Belt";
input /equip feet "Wurrukatte Boots";
input /equip legs "Nahtirah Trousers";
input /equip body "Sylvan Caban +2";
input /equip hands "Iuitl Wristbands +1";
input /equip head "Sylvan Gapette +2";
pause 0.3
input /ra <t>
pause 0.3
input /equip waist "Elanid Belt";
input /equip ear1 "Tripudio Earring";
input /equip ring1 "K'ayres Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
input /equip ear2 "Volley Earring";
input /equip hands "Iuitl Wristbands +1";
input /equip head "Arcadian Beret +1";
input /equip back "Sylvan Chlamys";
input /equip body "Kyujutsugi";
input /equip feet "Orion Socks +1";
input /equip legs "Arcadian Braccae +1";
input /equip neck "Ocachi Gorget";

mind you the first .3 pause is only needed due to my being on a walmart laptop... if i have anything less than .3 there i will always end in preshot gear due to animation lag. So any suggestions?

Also, no, nothing is in wardrobe.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-05-15 20:55:45  
Try using //findall to search for it. If it cannot be found, then it's just a temporary resource issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're saying it does equip eventually- I don't know then, although switching to spellcast or gearswap would probably help.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-15 21:01:18  
It's a weird issue with wardrobe I think. My PDT macro for PLD wasn't equipping my Rev. Coronet +1 unless I hit it once, waited a second, then hit it a second time. It wasn't even in my wardrobe though, it was in my inventory. I then took out all gear associated with my PDT macro (I have things like Defending Ring and Twilight Torque in there) I had in my wardrobe and tried hitting my PDT macro and it all equipped fine on the first try. I then moved the stuff I originally had in the wardrobe back in there, and when I tried hitting my PDT set again, it was my Flume Belt that wasn't equipping (this piece was one I had in wardrobe).

If it matters, I went through piece by piece seeing if it was something specific, and it turns out this only happens if I have my Patricius Ring in my wardrobe. It seems it's only specific pieces of equipment that are causing this problem, because I have numerous pieces of TP gear in my wardrobe but that isn't experiencing any issues. This is with windower scripts, not spellcast (not sure if the 2 are related).
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-05-15 21:02:20  
thank you! i will look through to make sure nothing else in the macro is in wardrobe, i didn't think of that!

edit: that fixed it! my wurr boots were in wardrobe.

such a weird error!
By Zyla 2014-05-15 21:09:36  
Siren.Froggis said: »
Let me clarify, this issue does not occur with natural macros, it will only occur in a script.

And it is an RA macro with precast in it as well, so hitting twice isn't an option not that it works anyway when i hit it twice
i am using script macros as well via .txt files, we're basically having the same issue, just slightly different. pretty much just seems to be an issue with windower and wardrobe conflicting with each other a bit but nothing major, maybe the windower crew will figure out what's causing it and fix it soon
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-05-16 03:26:15  
I have the same issue on all of my jobs, when I fix one swap by moving a piece to a different inventory, I find another one that lags out.. hopefully they find a way to solve this lag problem with scripts, not really interested in moving on to Gearswap yet.

I had grand plans of having all my "all job" items in wardrobe, but that's clearly not an option.. I had to settle with putting only idle gear in it.. so using 20/80 slots. Of course everyone of my idle macros lags out and I have to double tap. Really hope the Windower guys take a look, but doubt its worth the time now that everyone is moving to Gearswap.
By Zyla 2014-05-16 05:59:40  
Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
I have the same issue on all of my jobs, when I fix one swap by moving a piece to a different inventory, I find another one that lags out.. hopefully they find a way to solve this lag problem with scripts, not really interested in moving on to Gearswap yet.

I had grand plans of having all my "all job" items in wardrobe, but that's clearly not an option.. I had to settle with putting only idle gear in it.. so using 20/80 slots. Of course everyone of my idle macros lags out and I have to double tap. Really hope the Windower guys take a look, but doubt its worth the time now that everyone is moving to Gearswap.
also hoping they look into this as i have no desire to learn all the gearswap crap, i like the .txt macros cause they're about a million times easier to use w/o needing to learn a ton of what looks like coding commands and rules.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-05-16 14:21:44  
There is a new format for using equip commands that might help with your lag problem. You could see if it works.

The new format for equip is

/equip <slot> "item name" <inventory>

IE /equip ear1 "Tripudio Earring" 1 would tell it to look in the mog wardrobe for the item.

This would tell you if the problem is with SE or if the problem is in the logic of windower somewhere.

0 = inventory
1 = wardrobe
 Phoenix.Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-05-16 14:28:18  
Tested numerous times, the 0 1 doesn't do anything to prevent lag with console exec macros. I tested to make sure I was doing it right too by moving it to the other inventory while having the number designated for the previous, wouldn't swap. Even designating the proper inventory for every line doesn't stop 1 piece from always lagging out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-05-16 15:07:54  
So it is a windower problem. Which was the point of my post, helping you determine who's problem is was.

I just hadn't seen anyone mentioning the extra handle for the command so I thought I would try to help.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-05-16 15:32:25  
Oh sorry didn't mean to come off as rude, just frustrated! Thanks for contributing.