Fellow Gun Enthusiasts, I Beseech Your Aid.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Fellow gun enthusiasts, I beseech your aid.
Fellow gun enthusiasts, I beseech your aid.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-05-17 01:08:42  
I am currently in the process of re-adjusting to FFXI 2014. Have been playing mostly mage jobs past couple months to accustom myself to the 99 game before I jump back to maining Ranger. Seeking advice on gearing up and some gameplay. Have been doing the research but could really use some pro-tips.

I am using Lionsquall as my stand-in until I finish upgrading Annihilator. Gearing mostly from SK/AA etc but am wondering if I should head to Abyssea for more pieces. This is my current setup.

ItemSet 323739

ItemSet 323740

ItemSet 323741

ItemSet 323742

Iuitl hands are +2 snapshot/3%PDT. Kote is un-augmented until I figure that business out. I have been seeing a lot of sets using STR for Barrage but I always tried to max ACC in the past so that had me confused.

Should I swap more AGL for Last Stand? Any pieces that should be swapped around/replaced? I am also wondering what content I should aim for.

Edit: for Subjobs I was intending to mainly /sam until annihilator and then /war unless I see x/hit outparsing /war

Any advice is appreciated!
[+]
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-05-17 02:49:46  
Apparently the snapshot on Arcadian Braccae is broken but this could have been fixed, I haven't seen anyone say anything about it recently and it wasn't mentioned in the last 2 pages of RNG guide thread (just skimmed it). Nahtirah Trousers is an alternative snapshot piece. The DPS spreadsheets can give you a better idea on what gear is better to use on a piece-by-piece comparison, but generally yes, AGI for Last Stand.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/39/#2585866
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0A0wGYYRRdaNlhJX09ITTdveHc/edit
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-17 04:41:17  
well played title'
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-05-17 10:36:40  
I would definitely use AF3 hat + body in your preshot. Rapidshot is awful by comparison.

Your TP set gets you 94 TP after 5 hits, so you need 2 recycle procs to 5 hit. (very likely to happen)

I would try getting Aetosaur Trousers +1 and Sylvan Chlamys. Those two pieces will give you 81.6 TP after 4 hits, so a lucky 4/4 recycle proc round will give you a 4 hit.

If you add 5 more STP with either K'ayres ring, Patientia Sash or Goading Belt, you'll have 85.2 TP after 4 hits, only requiring 3/4 recycle procs.

As you can imagine, a 4 hit will increase your DPS significantly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-05-17 13:15:08  
I had seen many sets using AF3 just didn't know if it was due to already having the gear and difference being marginal. Thanks for clearing that up! It makes sense I suppose since snapshot is a more reliable stat.

The store TP/recycle proc conversion is where my noob is shining brightest right now so this was my main concern. I am glad I asked here. I just obtained Bloodrain Strap so after some ZNM farming. Mekki Shakki/strap that would give +11 STP combined with +15 from the gear you mentioned..might be more reliable for 4-hit?

I am left wondering how much ACC I can afford to drop before I start losing out on DPS gain. I would be around 980 racc(tp gear) before any buffs. Adjusting to STP gear would put me around 946.

Any insight as to what racc ranges im aiming for running Difficult Battleground/Delve before bard/food buffs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-05-17 14:19:51  
Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
I had seen many sets using AF3 just didn't know if it was due to already having the gear and difference being marginal. Thanks for clearing that up! It makes sense I suppose since snapshot is a more reliable stat.

The store TP/recycle proc conversion is where my noob is shining brightest right now so this was my main concern. I am glad I asked here. I just obtained Bloodrain Strap so after some ZNM farming. Mekki Shakki/strap that would give +11 STP combined with +15 from the gear you mentioned..might be more reliable for 4-hit?

I am left wondering how much ACC I can afford to drop before I start losing out on DPS gain. I would be around 980 racc(tp gear) before any buffs. Adjusting to STP gear would put me around 946.

Any insight as to what racc ranges im aiming for running Difficult Battleground/Delve before bard/food buffs?

Just remember recycle procs give you 5 tp, and you can safely assume 3/4 shots will recycle. A good number to aim for is 85 tp after 4 shots. use this to figure it out http://www.heckdesigns.com/demos/ffxi-calculators/stp.php

put in gun + bullet delay and add up stp. multiply the result by 4.

A 4 hit with 80% racc will out parse a 5 hit with capped racc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-05-18 13:48:33  
Try to get into some divine might, tripudio and kyujutsugi are great stp pieces to mix into your build. I've also used empy legs and back when I know my racc will still be capped. Once you have anni toss the paqi ring and either get a bellona or another hadjuk if you need the acc.