Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation Thread)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation thread)
Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation thread)
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-01 14:45:58  
So, I was bored today and was thinking of future updates and armor direction for the jobs. I thought it would be pretty fun to have another thread like the AF speculation thread before it came out, and people's takes on what they think the empyrean armor for RUN will be like. SE was pretty generous with the Futhark attire, and empyrean armor in general when that came out, so I thought up some stats/enhancements of my own for the possible future empyrean set. I'm not sure if the concept art teased before was in fact GEO & RUN's empyrean armor (I haven't kept up to date on missions yet, so forgive me if an NPC is seen wearing this), but this was the picture in case anyone had missed it:

So, here's my incredibly optimistic take on RUN Empyrean (assumes iLvl 119 or higher due to a future update when iLvl empyrean is out, and +1'd/highest enhancement). I took a lot of ideas from Paladin's Empyrean armor, as SE is pushing the Tank role idea very hard with Epeolatry and Aettir's PDT II, as well as the Futhark +1 stats.

[Head]
Insignia Diadem/Crest +1
DEF:102
-Stat Vomit-
Accuracy +20 Attack+25
Enhances "Lunge" Effect (Basically Aettir on your head, or 1/2 the potency of aettir's bonus)
Magic Atk. Bonus +20 Magic Accuracy +20 Evasion +46 Magic Evasion+56
Haste+7% Triple Attack +3% "Refresh" +1

[Body]
Insignia Mail/Surcoat/Brigandine/Breastplate/Coat +1
DEF:140
-Stat Vomit (Good WS peice)-
Accuracy +20 Attack +20 Evasion +50 Magic Evasion +62
Augments "Embolden" (Reduces duration loss to -25% instead of -50%)
Enhancing Magic Skill +20
Increases Potency of Enhancing Magic (+10~25%? Maybe duration bonus instead like futhark legs)
Haste+4%

[Hands]
Insignia Bracers/Gauntlets/Armguards +1
DEF:88
-Stat Vomit-
Accuracy +16 Evasion +28 Magic Evasion+40
"Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Refresh +1
Resistance to all status ailments +8 (+8% chance to resist, like Runeist Trousers +1)
Haste+5% Physical Damage Taken -4% Enmity +4

[Legs]
Insignia Cuisses/Tassets/Kecks/Hose/Trousers +1
DEF:125
-Stat Vomit-
Accyracy +12 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8
Enhances "Inquartata" effect (+5% Parry Rate? May be OP, +2%?)
Parrying Skill +15
Mitigates dmg. taken based on enmity
Evasion +48 Magic Evasion +72
"Regen" +1 Haste+6% Enmity+6

[Feet]
Insignia Greaves/Boots +1
DEF:76
-Stat Vomit-
Enhances "One For All" Effect (Reduces Damage even further)
Physical Damage Taken -5%
Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage
Accuracy +15 Enmity +8 "Magic Def. Bonus" +7
Magic Evasion +74 Evasion +76
Haste+5%

Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken

Accessories (Assuming Geomancer & Rune Fencer get these equivalents to the Abyssean accessories; 1 earring and 2 random accessories, a neck/waist/or ammo)

Insignia Earring [Ear]
Def:10
Enhances "Tenacity" effect (+3%?)
Magic Evasion +6

Insignia Gem[Ammo]
Def:12
Reduces Enmity decrease when taking damage
"Magic Defense Bonus" +6
Adds Refresh Effect (+1, maybe regen instead?)

Insignia Corset/Sash/Belt [Waist]
Def:15
Physical Damage Taken -4%
Converts 4% of damage taken to MP
Enmity+5

TLDR; Design/share what you think Rune Fencer's Empyrean armor stats/appearance will be.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-01 14:51:26  
I really want that GEO AF, sooo cool.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
サーバ: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-06-01 15:02:18  
That black RUNE armor looks dope.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-01 15:08:23  
Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
That black RUNE armor looks dope.

Yeah, I really am hoping that this turns out to be the Empyrean armor. It could also just end up being armor for some really important NPC later on in the Adoulin Missions line, though, like the king in a flashback or something.

The Geomancer one is awesome too and a nice little throwback if that turns out to be their empyrean armor set equivalent.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-06-01 15:21:20  
Bismarck.Ranthozyk said: »
Insignia Earring [Ear]
Magic Evasion +6
The job earrings were not this good. Depressingly.
By Ophannus 2014-06-01 15:23:19  
I don't think that's RUN AF3. That's the armor that King August wears in the cutscene(in fact the picture in OP >IS< King August). AF3 may be a color swap of that though(like how Nashmeira wears PUP AF2 reskin)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-01 15:26:43  
The guy in black in the artwork seems like August, so it's possible that's just *his* artwork and not an armour design. The blue pajama below though is obviously geomancer, which suggest the upcoming empy equivalent.
So, while it might be run, I wouldn't be too sure the black one is actually run.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-01 15:29:18  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Bismarck.Ranthozyk said: »
Insignia Earring [Ear]
Magic Evasion +6
The job earrings were not this good. Depressingly.

Samurai's enhanced Zanshin by 2~3% according to BG wiki, unless that's wrong, and gave STP+1, maybe if the magic evasion was reduced to +1, or instead it gave some HP? I think the Tenacity increase is quite equal to the Zanshin one. Paladin can outright resist 100% of the time any enfeebling magic it wants with fealty, so I was just trying to level the playing field a bit more. It could be used in conjunction with a hearty/etheral earring or something while tanking since you likely aren't going to be swinging/dealing damage much with the way Rune Fencer generates enmity.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-06-01 17:27:12  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The guy in black in the artwork seems like August, so it's possible that's just *his* artwork and not an armour design. The blue pajama below though is obviously geomancer, which suggest the upcoming empy equivalent.
So, while it might be run, I wouldn't be too sure the black one is actually run.

Um eh?

Who I thought the king was, put it in the spoilers just incase.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-01 17:57:27  
you'll find out if you do the currently available missions. it's very, very, very obvious at this stage that it was concept art for August.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-06-01 18:13:12  
Don't play anymore did missions up to when the dragon first appeared.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-01 18:17:40  
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-01 20:38:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Well, that's a shame.
I'm just grasping at straws here at this point, I think. Either way, I'm sure the armor will look just fine... probably..
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-06-01 21:51:47  
I wonder what color SE will decide on...since they've already gone with salmon and blue, my money is on neon green like the Lenitive abjurations.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [274 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-03 03:16:24  
It's here!(almost)
Ugly as sin....

From what they say on the information page it seems these will be quested in Adoulin and be 109 already.

After that to 119 the required mats will be from the new content, vagary.

Speculation/Hope
Hoping for:

Enhances Vivacious Pulse - (Hopefully to add either more hp per use or to gain a short regen effect)

Enhances One for All - Longer Duration would be nice.

Enhances Lunge/Swipe - Hopefully do same as Aettir, but with a piece of armor(preferably a piece with mab, but unlikely)

Enhances Embolden - Increase duration(or decrease the penalty from using the JA)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-03 03:23:01  
So *** ugly...
[+]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
サーバ: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2015-03-03 03:34:38  
Everything but the head is ok. As for the head, that's what /displayhead off is for.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2015-03-03 06:11:12  
Everything but the body is ok. Looks like a dress.
 Ragnarok.Tarage
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tarage
By Ragnarok.Tarage 2015-03-03 06:16:36  
So RUN Af3 is Onion Knight. Kay.

At least lock-style will be a thing.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-03-03 06:31:35  
I would love to see one of these pieces have "Enhances Rune Enhancement" on them, with the effect of increasing the damage doing by x3 runes of the same type. 20-30 extra damage would be decent.

Actually, would be pleasantly surprised if that is the set bonus for it.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-03 07:27:04  
So if that's RUN armor, I wonder what armor set this is. SE shoulda made whatever this is AF3 for RUN.

It even looks RUN-like with those cuffs and pointed collar. And of course there's that greatsword to the right. Unless it's for Arciela's father whom should be prominent in this content if you did her Trust quest. (She says her father wielded a sword with 7 stars in the handle, which this blade does).
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-03 07:54:56  
I only have two complaints with it..
Cause this has been in the dats for forever and we've known it was likely to be the fake!empy set since it's what the taru wears in the fake!mythic BCNM.

The first complaint is that the spikey bits on the hooker boots?
Not part of the feet mesh. They're a part of the pants' mesh... The feet end below the knees...

My second complaint is that the body (which I'm expecting to be akin to PLD's RF2 body where the 109 is strictly better than the 119. Though here it would be RF3 >>>> RF2+1 bodies) clashes horribly with the salmon of the RF2 hooker boots...
Which is a shame, because should the RF3 body have more DT than the RF2... Then it will make the RF2+1 hooker boots even MORE viable by lessening PDT demands in other slots.

Also: TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLMFAO! I really can't believe people were dumb enough to believe that the empyrean sets would be higher iLv, SU2, or even not use the Rem's Tales after they said they ditched the idea of doing something different for each back when RF2 was added...
It's also nice... I guess... That you'll be able to 109 from the base item... Not because we haven't had enough login campaigns to have all the +2s and then some...
But because the person who starts tomorrow doesn't have that luxury and it's good to see them being helped out.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-03 07:56:34  
They're fully implementing lockstyle this patch. Coincidence?
By Ramyrez 2015-03-03 07:58:15  
Looks like butt.

Posted a longer version in the update thread, but essentially...

It looks like butt.

Not nice booty, either.

Hairy, unwashed fat man butt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-03 08:13:31  
I'm hoping to get atleast one piece with Occ. Absorbs Magic Damage Taken, or PDT II.

Run is pretty much paper without an Epeolatry, even with spamming phalanx & ss. Another piece of gear that augments Phalanx might be appreciated, though.

I agree with Vivacious Pulse bonus. Would be even hawter if they applied that ability to occasionally activate as an AOE. Either way, looking forward to empyrean for RUN (and GEO)

edit:

HOLY ***I'M JUST CATCHING UP

THAT'S WHAT RUN'S ARMOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE!?!?!?

LMAO, /LOCKSTYLE ALL DAY, that ***is gonna look hideous on a Galka!!!
By Ramyrez 2015-03-03 08:28:36  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
that ***is gonna look hideous on a Galka!!!

Most things do...
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-03 09:58:39  
How is Rune paper? It's defense is higher then mostly anything except paladin, it does have phalanx, stoneskin, blink, easily capped pdt/mdt and to top it all off you can basically recast ss or blink instantly.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-03 10:06:09  
They still get rocked even with on like Vd content, like AA galka fudos can/still do 1600+ on an unevaded one unless they have scherzo, compared to pld which can block, though i suppose run would be better off tanking those fights with /nin?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-03 10:20:40  
Right. /nin is great, but the moment that gets wiped unexpectedly, you're fresh fish. Stellar Fulcrum is a prime example of getting rocked without utsusemi. Battuta saves lives, but nowhere near how a shield favors pld. For magic damage, RUN is not threatened. Physical defense is the occurrence.

Stoneskin is a great addition if your whm is willing to forego cureskin (most aren't) and if you have the gear that augments it above the cap. Blink is a joke as well, since most mobs and tp moves wipe that near instantly. Add the fact that blink is horribly inconsistent, its basically as waste of a spell (better off subbing nin).

A PLD with the same PDT/MDT will live significantly longer than a RUN with the same stats - even with an Aettir. But I get that PLD is favored more heavily towards PDT with a relic that boosts their magic defense, and a RUN geared more towards MDT with a relic more geared towards Physical defense. That's why I said without Epeolatry, its rough on harder fights.
First Page 2