A Record PER Item Of When Things Do Not Sell ...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » A record PER item of when things do not sell ...
A record PER item of when things do not sell ...
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-09 10:35:54  
Hello,

As both a seller and buyer this issue affects players and thus would be useful to address.

Issue: Many times we can see an item hasn't had a sale in quite awhile. This could be because no one is putting it up OR because no one is buying. It would be useful to have additional information to help people know the difference.

One thought on how to address this issue / topic is to provide a running count of how many of an item were up for sale. As we can see how many sold per day, it would be great to know how many were available say on average or at specific times.

An example is the Scroll Of Sleepga II on Ragnarok, which hasn't sold since March 25, 2014. Is this because no one has been willing to do the quest and then sell the scroll or because no one is buying a level 56 scroll or willing to pay 2 million gil? Knowing how many were available say on a daily (or some period) basis would be very useful.

I hope what I'm suggesting / requesting is clear. If not, I hope you'll give me the opportunity to clarify an point.

Thank you.

I. B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
(also Brotherhood on Ragnarok, too)
 Sylph.Wardeniii
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2014-06-09 11:43:32  
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-06-09 12:39:46  
Far as sleepga goes I think it is the quest to get it is a pain in ***. Also there isn't a big influx of new player who would be doing it. Most people around have done it a long time ago and sold it for money when they did do it.
By wormfeeder 2014-06-09 13:02:44  
the sleepga II quest is easy. I did it in less than two earth days.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2014-06-09 15:07:29  
It is a reasonable idea, but I think it would end up being too complicated to implement without giving a significant benefit.

IBHalliwell said: »
Issue: Many times we can see an item hasn't had a sale in quite awhile. This could be because no one is putting it up OR because no one is buying. It would be useful to have additional information to help people know the difference.

If an item hasn't sold in a long time, you can usually assume the supply simply isn't there. If the supply exists, and the item can still be sold for a price that is worth walking up to the AH and slapping it up there, then you will see sales pick up as people reduce/undercut to try and move whatever it is they're selling.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-13 01:01:02  
Hello,

Yup, I know as I've done the quest and/or helped people several times. It was ONLY an example.

While my mule can use Sleepga II, I don't plan on spending 500,000 gil for it preferring to do the quests myself. Hey, it can be fun to do quests. ;-)

Still there are some items (especially crafted ones you only see once in awhile. Is this fact because no one hardly puts them up for sale or because no one hardly buys them. By having an idea of the frequency they become / are available would help someone needing an item.

I apology to and anyone else who finds sleepga to be a poor or bad example.

I. B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly Caitsith)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-13 01:04:57  
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
If the supply exists, and the item can still be sold for a price that is worth walking up to the AH and slapping it up there, then you will see sales pick up as people reduce/undercut to try and move whatever it is they're selling.

I see your point, but you're assuming everything has a demand, but it isn't true in the economy on Ragnarok. Some items wouldn't even sell at 1g because no one needs it right now.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-13 01:17:49  
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
It is a reasonable idea, but I think it would end up being too complicated to implement without giving a significant benefit.

Another thought might be to have Square Enix modify the auction house to help people find an item, when it isn't available. Some thoughts:

1) Automatic bidding. The user would submit a bid and the gil to cover it plus a time period (in Earth time). If the item comes up during the specified period the purchase would go through using existing Auction House rules should multiple people be waiting for the item. As people have to put up the gil in advance, it is an encouragement to not abuse the system.

A couple of advantages:

1A) Quicker sales for sellers
1B) Less waiting / checking by buyers
1C) Help to stimulate in a positive way the economy

2) Inform registered users when an item becomes available. The service could cost a set amount of gil per conquest period plus a small fee for each item. The method of communications could be in-game AND real world (e.g. E-Mail, text message, phone call, in-game tells, etc).

3) Some other idea others provide to help out the idea.

I.B. Halliwell of Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-06-13 02:12:10  
I'm not sure I understand the use of the additional information.

If there is no supply, it would be reflected in the sales history and simply viewing the last date sold is enough.

If there is no demand, the sales rate would be dead slow but we would see the item in stock at least from time to time.

In the rare case that complete lack of demand is scaring people off of even posting the item you would likely see it in bazaars if there is indeed a supply.

So yeah, I'm not sure how additional data about how many "fell off" the ah would be useful. How would you use that data?

Also:
2) Inform registered users when an item becomes available. ... The method of communications could be in-game AND real world (e.g. E-Mail, text message, phone call, in-game tells, etc).

I'm pretty sure this exact service is available through the guild work premium plugin isn't it?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-15 14:31:38  
Hello again everyone,

I would like to apologize to everyone for not being clear in my initial posting. After reading the comments, I realized the reason people think this idea would be difficult to implement or even worthless is because I DID NOT present it correctly.

Basically, I am asking for STOCK history. FFXIAH already collects and presents the stock for all items.

I'm saying having:

1) The average daily stock availability number would be useful.
2) A record of the maximum daily stock by item would be wonderful, too.

While I have people reading this reply, I would also like to ask those on Ragnarok . . . I've been looking to buy:

1) Royal Bed (Minimum 1 and maybe 2 of them)
2) Stacks of Tentacle Sushi OR
3) The fish component of Tentacle Sushi, as I have the cooking skill and key item to craft it myself. The fish component either are: (A) Cone Calamary OR (B) Kalamar.

I missed buying the Royal Bed in May and haven't seen one at all in June.

As for the sushi, I haven't seen it when I've been logged into the game and also in a city with an Auction House. I noticed it sold once in a while in the last 2 months, but lately hasn't been available.

Thank you,

I.B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-15 14:33:45  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
I'm pretty sure this exact service is available through the guild work premium plugin isn't it?

COOL!! How do I set it up? I'm a premium member and have it set up to tell me when my stuff sells.

I've not seen where I can tel it to tell me when stock become available. I would use it immediately!! :-)

Thanks! :-)

By Isindil 2014-06-15 15:53:56  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

COOL!! How do I set it up? I'm a premium member and have it set up to tell me when my stuff sells.

I've not seen where I can tel it to tell me when stock become available. I would use it immediately!! :-)

Thanks! :-)

To set up notifications when something is in stock, add the item to your FFXIAH wanted list. Check the boxes under Settings > Notifications on Guildwork for "Wanted item is in stock on the FINAL FANTASY XI auction house" and "Wanted item is spotted in a FINAL FANTASY XI bazaar." Now when the item is spotted in bazaar or is in stock on AH you will receive a notification via Guildwork sending you an email, as well as a notification in game, and in your Guildwork notifications area.

Hope this helps.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2014-06-15 16:31:40  
A lot of your ideas, while good in a way, won't ever be implemented simply for one reason.

PS2 Limitations.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-06-15 17:18:19  
The autobid/bid in advance idea is great, but the hierarchy of bidding could be difficult-

Let's say I want a flume belt, last two AH sales of 2.4 and 2.5M, respectively. Today is 6/15/14.

I put in an autobid for 2.5M on 6/15.
Arwynn puts in an autobid for 2.7M on 6/17.

Oalka lists a flume belt on the AH for 2.5M on 6/18. I bet Oalka would love it if the system let Arwynn win instead of me! Gonna go with it would default to first accepted bid.

Could sellers see a number of standing bids for an item the way buyers can see the number of an item in stock? Dunno, white numbers for inventory, green for bids or something. If I know 3 people have "orders" to get something, it would motivate me as a crafter to make it. Give me good reason to peruse the AH now and then.

As far as AH issues go, two things I think can be done now just fine- give us 10 slots, and extend the time on AH by a few days.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-15 17:49:10  
Isindil said: »
To set up notifications when something is in stock, add the item to your FFXIAH wanted list. Check the boxes under Settings > Notifications on Guildwork for "Wanted item is in stock on the FINAL FANTASY XI auction house" and "Wanted item is spotted in a FINAL FANTASY XI bazaar." Now when the item is spotted in bazaar or is in stock on AH you will receive a notification via Guildwork sending you an email, as well as a notification in game, and in your Guildwork notifications area.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help greatly. I've had several items in my FFXIAH Wanted list for the last couple of months and the notification you described set since I became a premium member.

I didn't realize this linkage existed, because the only AH stuff I remember getting from Guildwork is when stuff sells.

QUESTION: Is there a way to denote a stack verses individual item in the wanted for FFXIAH / Guildwork, when manually adding the item (via the nenbers >> wanted page?

Thank you for the information! :-)

-----------------------

Oh, I think I know why I've never seen a notification .... the FFXIAH entries are under Caitsith: Ibhalliwell and not Ragnarok: Ibhalliwell .... it's defaulting ot Caitsith and not Ragnarok ... is there a method to change this default?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-15 17:59:57  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
A lot of your ideas, while good in a way, won't ever be implemented simply for one reason.

PS2 Limitations.

How does the PS2 limit giving us the average number of items in stock and maybe a chart?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-15 18:03:24  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The autobid/bid in advance idea is great, but the hierarchy of bidding could be difficult-

Let's say I want a flume belt, last two AH sales of 2.4 and 2.5M, respectively. Today is 6/15/14.

I put in an autobid for 2.5M on 6/15.
Arwynn puts in an autobid for 2.7M on 6/17.

Oalka lists a flume belt on the AH for 2.5M on 6/18. I bet Oalka would love it if the system let Arwynn win instead of me! Gonna go with it would default to first accepted bid.

Could sellers see a number of standing bids for an item the way buyers can see the number of an item in stock? Dunno, white numbers for inventory, green for bids or something. If I know 3 people have "orders" to get something, it would motivate me as a crafter to make it. Give me good reason to peruse the AH now and then.

As far as AH issues go, two things I think can be done now just fine- give us 10 slots, and extend the time on AH by a few days.

Actually, I just realized I did propose too much. Right now what would be greatly helpful is knowing the average items in stock on a regular basis.

On the slots and time, YES!! 7 slots should go up to at least 10 and a bit more time, especially when put put on Earth Monday - Thursday 18:00 local time.
 Fenrir.Squintik
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-06-16 14:29:16  
On a kinda-related note, one thing I wish SE could add to the in-game AH is NPC sales.

These days, there are a lot of items that just aren't ever listed on the AH because NPC merchants pay more than players do, plus NPC transactions are instant. While this might be good for sellers, it screws over players who want to buy those items for crafting, gearing, whatever.

So, I think that every time you sell an item to an NPC, the NPC should add it to their available wares (if it's something they normally sell), or they should list it on the AH automatically. The AH price would be determined by the average price of past trades, OR the last sale price, whichever is higher.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-06-16 17:46:29  
There were legit reasons for the limitations when the server populations were higher, but hey, if it can keep the AH stocked and give a sense of things being a little more "full", it shouldn't affect the load as much as giving us 10 each would have back in 2010. The duration honestly is more of a convenience issue these days with the lack of traffic...a couple more days hopefully means less bounceback.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2014-06-17 07:43:38  
Isindil said: »

Hope this helps.

Hi again! I set it up correctly, as far as I can tell from the instructions, but when one of the items has a stock of 2 nothing showed up in my email via Guildwork.

I get email from Guildwork when stuff sells but not when something I want is in the AH. Am I setting it up correctly, when I click on the "Wanted" link on the items' page??????

If this is the correct way of doing it, to whom do I report this bug?????? FFXIAH, Guildwork, or both OR are they the same people?

Thanks!