Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 56 57 58
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 11:59:33  
fonewear said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
She should start jogging and eat better.

That sounds like fun care to join me in a butter run ?

lol I read that as "eat butter" . My bad.

Need more coffee.
That makes more sense.

Let them eat butter!

Are there any cases of people exploding from eating too much?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 12:00:08  
Hell with "let them eat cake" let them eat butter I tells ya !
By fonewear 2015-07-07 12:05:52  
In white people news:

TLDR: White people be part of the solution not the problem of racism

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-fleshman/white-people-if-youre-not-part-of-the-solution-youre-part-of-the-problem_b_7665452.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
By Ramyrez 2015-07-07 12:07:19  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
She should start jogging and eat better.

And she should shape her eyebrows differently.

Because when I first saw the picture of her, I didn't see an overweight woman in a bikini, I saw crazy eyebrows.

Don't *** with the eyebrows of Swedish heritage, man. They will *** you up.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 10:03:29  
Quote:
There's no such thing as an atheist, according to one of the stars of the reality TV show "Duck Dynasty."

Si Robertson, known to fans of the show as “Uncle Si,” told the Christian Post that anyone who uses the date is acknowledging Jesus.

"There's no such thing as an atheist," Robertson told the website. "I'm serious, because there's too much documentation. Our calendars are based on Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in him or not, every time you sign your calendar, you add down the day's date, you're saying he's here, OK? That's documented."

While the widely used Gregorian calendar introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582 uses years based on the approximate birth of Jesus Christ, the names of many of the months and days of the week retain their pagan origins. March, for example, is named for Mars, the Roman god of war. Tuesday is based on Tiu or Tiw, the Germanic god of war.

Robertson, a Vietnam War veteran, also cited a variation of the maxim, "there are no atheists in foxholes," claiming that people turn to faith when they are in trouble.

"If you get in a serious bind, the first thing you'll do is say [God], please help me," Robertson told the website.

Robertson is promoting the film "Faith Of Our Fathers," which is about two men who served in the Vietnam War, one of whom is devout while the other is a skeptic.

Skeptics, apparently, do exist.

"There's a lot of skeptics," Robertson said.

The movie focuses on the two men as well as their sons, who meet years later. According to IMDb, Robertson has a role in the film as a gas station clerk.

"Faith Of Our Fathers" currently has an 11 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on nine reviews, and a score of 20 on Metacritic based on five reviews.
Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheists Don't Exist
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 10:16:22  
The cash flow from Quack Dynasty must be waning, they need to insert themselves into the public eye again.

They have never been the problem. They're business people catering to an audience (there are photos out of them before Duck Dynasty fame. They're basic white bread business people; the camo and beards are adopted personas).

The problem is the audience.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:43:03  
Ramyrez said: »
They're basic white bread business people; the camo and beards are adopted personas).
Larry the Cable Guy is like that too. I'm sure they're others as well.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:49:50  
They're basic white bread business people; the camo and beards are adopted personas).
Larry the Cable Guy is like that too. I'm sure they're others as well.

Yea but get er done is a legit catchphrase !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:56:21  
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 15:00:29  
Say what you will about his comedy but the man has made a ton of money catering to making fun of the very people that like him !

To me he is no better or worse than a black comic catering mostly to a black crowd. Or a woman getting mostly women in the audience etc.

That is why I think in general (here comes you are sexist) men are funnier than women.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-07-08 22:13:01  
When I saw the title of the thread I somehow knew it would be from Kingnobody
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-08 23:10:20  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
When I saw the title of the thread I somehow knew it would be from Kingnobody

that explains why you came running in arms wide open right?!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 13:52:31  
Quote:
As you may have heard, Democratic turnout dropped off a cliff again last year, just like it did in 2010. I was wondering why, so I asked. I polled Florida non-voters. I found that the main reason why they didn't vote last year was simple: They couldn't see any difference between the candidates. When there is no difference between the candidates, Democrats don't vote, and Democrats lose.

By way of background, the top race in Florida last year was the race for Governor. The Republican incumbent was Rick Scott, whose hospital chain perpetrated the largest Medicare fraud in history. (That is not a misprint.) Nevertheless, because he had an (R) next to his name on the 2010 ballot, he won. He has been a horrible governor, easily one of the worst in the country. Everyone knew that the Democrats had a chance to bring him down last year, especially since our Democratic President had carried Florida twice in a row. There are 500,000 more registered Democrats than registered Republicans in Florida.

The Democratic nominee was Charlie Crist, a REPUBLICAN former governor. Crist was so far to the right that he was known as "Chain-Gang Charlie." In 2010, when Scott was first elected, Crist killed the Democrat's chances for a US Senate seat from Florida by dropping out of his own Republican primary, where he was 25 points down, and running as an "independent." That "stinking maneuver" (as Yitzhak Rabin would have put it) made Marco Rubio the junior senator from Florida.

Rather than shunning Crist for blowing that 2010 Senate race for the Democrats, the Democrats actually recruited him. They crowned someone who was a Republican just a few years earlier, and a conservative Republican at that, as the "Democratic" nominee for governor.

Political strategists called this a brilliant move by the Democratic Party. And Democratic voters were appalled, as my own little poll showed. Democratic voters stayed home in droves, and the Democrats lost.

As Gov. Howard Dean has said, if you offer people a choice between a real Republican and a fake Republican, they will choose the real Republican every time. And they did. Getting back to our poll, we focused on people who actually could have voted, not permanent residents, convicted felons whose rights had not been restored or children. We offered the non-voters 12 different reasons to explain why they hadn't voted. Reason #1, the most "popular," was that "people did not like either choice for Governor." Forty-one percent of the Democratic non-voters said that this was the main reason why people didn't vote.

By the way, the non-voters were overwhelmingly Democratic, whether or not they were registered as such. When asked whom they had had favored in the 2012 Presidential race, they chose Obama over Romney by 17 points. President Obama won Florida -- among the actual voters -- by less than one point.

So, let's be honest. When we put up a pseudo-Democrat or a neo-Democrat or a quasi-Democrat or a semi-Democrat for Team Blue, our voters are not amused. They are not fooled. And we only hurt ourselves.

The voters deserve a choice. In fact, they insist on it. Or they simply won't vote.
Why Don't Democrats Vote? I'll Tell You Why
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-09 14:09:57  
The problem is the audience.

FU!

Have you ever watched that show? it's funny and Si Robertson is completely bat ***insane. He thinks he sees black panthers in louisiana and kept asking where the mayan ruins were the whole time they were in hawaii...

I lol'd
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-09 14:26:57  

Sounds like a subtle endorsement of Bernie Sanders.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-09 14:42:00  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Sounds like a subtle endorsement of Bernie Sanders.

Sounds to me like the only way Dems can win is if they play racist and feminist cards.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 16:05:34  
I heard democrats weren't voting cause they aren't getting enough free stuff.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-09 16:12:39  

Hillary is going to give out free birth control with a picture of her on the pill bottles !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-09 16:13:57  

Hillary is going to give out free birth control with a picture of her on the pill bottles !
There's a Simpsons joke in there somewhere.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-09 16:15:27  
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-11 04:14:16  
Quote:
When emotional intelligence (EQ) first appeared to the masses, it served as the missing link in a peculiar finding: people with average IQs outperform those with the highest IQs 70% of the time. This anomaly threw a massive wrench into the broadly held assumption that IQ was the sole source of success.

Decades of research now point to emotional intelligence as being the critical factor that sets star performers apart from the rest of the pack. The connection is so strong that 90% of top performers have high emotional intelligence.

Emotional intelligence is the "something" in each of us that is a bit intangible. It affects how we manage behavior, navigate social complexities, and make personal decisions to achieve positive results.

Despite the significance of EQ, its intangible nature makes it very difficult to know how much you have and what you can do to improve if you're lacking. You can always take a scientifically validated test, such as the one that comes with the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 book.

Unfortunately, quality (scientifically valid) EQ tests aren't free.
Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Here's How to Know for Sure
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:02:24  
Quote:
When emotional intelligence (EQ) first appeared to the masses, it served as the missing link in a peculiar finding: people with average IQs outperform those with the highest IQs 70% of the time. This anomaly threw a massive wrench into the broadly held assumption that IQ was the sole source of success.

Decades of research now point to emotional intelligence as being the critical factor that sets star performers apart from the rest of the pack. The connection is so strong that 90% of top performers have high emotional intelligence.

Emotional intelligence is the "something" in each of us that is a bit intangible. It affects how we manage behavior, navigate social complexities, and make personal decisions to achieve positive results.

Despite the significance of EQ, its intangible nature makes it very difficult to know how much you have and what you can do to improve if you're lacking. You can always take a scientifically validated test, such as the one that comes with the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 book.

Unfortunately, quality (scientifically valid) EQ tests aren't free.
Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Here's How to Know for Sure

I don't know about emotional intelligence but I got ENTJ when I did a personality test.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-17 09:02:06  
Best thing I have seen on HuffPo in a long time.

A Note About Our Coverage Of Donald Trump's 'Campaign'

Quote:
After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won't report on Trump's campaign as part of The Huffington Post's political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump's campaign is a sideshow. We won't take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you'll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:42:17  
I don't know about emotional intelligence but I got ENTJ when I did a personality test.

ISFJ, but you might be surprised to know that both the S and F were <2%, so really right in the middle of intuitive/sensing and thinking/feeling.

(Introvert(41%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(3%) Judging(22%))

Which is probably why I always want what seems the best for people, but I hate people in general so why the hell I want what's best for them is a bit of a head scratcher.

Though the fact that nothing is rated higher than moderate probably says something horrible about me, but I don't *** care.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 09:44:25  
INTJ.
I like the Meyer-Biggs test, I think it's one of the most accurate with its archetypes to pinpoint a person at a macrolevel.

edit: I don't remember the exact %s, maybe I'll do it again to check that, it's been forever.

edit2:
Introverted 92%
Intuitive 97%
Thinking 32%
Judging 24%
Turbulent 50%
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 09:52:06  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
INTJ.
I like the Meyer-Biggs test, I think it's one of the most accurate with its archetypes to pinpoint a person at a macrolevel.

edit: I don't remember the exact %s, maybe I'll do it again to check that, it's been forever.

Well than what does it say about me that everything is middle of the road, at best? :p
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 10:40:15  
Feeling(3%)

The only explanation is that it works like golf scores.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 10:42:18  
Feeling(3%)

I think you guys just get the brunt of my feels so I don't have to deal with them anywhere else and can use more reason in my day-to-day.

So you're emotional punching bags, apparently.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 10:47:40  
Feeling(3%)

I think you guys just get the brunt of my feels so I don't have to deal with them anywhere else and can use more reason in my day-to-day.

So you're emotional punching bags, apparently.

I'm thinking that's probably common in internet forums. I know I don't converse with people in person the same way that I do with you guys, with the exception of my humor.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 10:49:16  
And yes, I do post memes in real life. Don't ask how.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 56 57 58