Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-05 14:14:26  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
They consider it a topic not "suitable for children." I've even reminded my parents. Look you live in California, they are going to be taught about it in the K-12 setting.

it's a generational thing. my mom was horrified when my sister told her that dad looked tense and my mom should give him a blowie...

my kids grew up when everyone called everything gay...
Because this video is funny and annoying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS0GVOQPs0

please remove the "s" from the "https"
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-05 14:16:33  
***, didn't even realize the "s" was in there.

Edit: Fixed now
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-05 14:23:00  
well I didn't help any by paging >.<
By Jetackuu 2014-09-05 14:23:57  
They consider it a topic not "suitable for children." I've even reminded my parents. Look you live in California, they are going to be taught about it in the K-12 setting.

it's a generational thing. my mom was horrified when my sister told her that dad looked tense and my mom should give him a blowie...

my kids grew up when everyone called everything gay...
Because this video is funny and annoying.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Since we have at least 2 gay guys here let's ask: bacon, pleebs: do you even give a *** what somebody says if they're not talking to you or even remotely about you?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-09-05 14:27:01  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
they are going to be taught about it in the K-12 setting.
Ahh, I remember that day in school...

One day at my high school in NZ, my science teacher was covering basic sexual education as part of the curriculum. At one point during the lesson after discussing pregnancy, the teacher turned to the girls in our class and said "and girls, no, you can't get pregnant from swallowing."
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-05 14:59:48  
Jetackuu said: »
Since we have at least 2 gay guys here let's ask: bacon, pleebs: do you even give a *** what somebody says if they're not talking to you or even remotely about you?
I rarely take things like that personally, no, but I've said before it's a simple matter of respect. At most, it would probably get an eye roll from me since, at least in my experiences, people who have no problem lobbing derogatory terms at complete strangers aren't worth engaging anyway, and I'm not going to make an argument about it over voice or game chat where that crap usually pops up.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-05 15:31:50  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
they definitely do act weird when the word "gay" comes up on TV or in the news.

what do they do? start screaming and scrambling around and then change seats and then just as suddenly they are quiet?

how weird we talking>

I think you're setting your sights awfully high.

We live in a country that's so sexually repressed it's still using tape-delays on live sporting events because a nipple was seen for a millisecond and it was an absolute outrage.

Yeah sexually repressed is a better choice of words to describe them, because like my parents avoided the discussion of sex all together.

As did mine, but so what if they are? They have the freedom to be so. It's not to say that I agree with people who tell others to keep it out of public at all costs, but I certainly understand that its disrespectful to bring sexuality into public places where children (who aren't supposed to be sexualized) are. I'm sure 95% or more of the repressed get as markedly offended if a strait couple is dry humping on a park bench, as they do when a gay couple does.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-05 16:09:35  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
they definitely do act weird when the word "gay" comes up on TV or in the news.

what do they do? start screaming and scrambling around and then change seats and then just as suddenly they are quiet?

how weird we talking>

I think you're setting your sights awfully high.

We live in a country that's so sexually repressed it's still using tape-delays on live sporting events because a nipple was seen for a millisecond and it was an absolute outrage.

Yeah sexually repressed is a better choice of words to describe them, because like my parents avoided the discussion of sex all together.

As did mine, but so what if they are? They have the freedom to be so. It's not to say that I agree with people who tell others to keep it out of public at all costs, but I certainly understand that its disrespectful to bring sexuality into public places where children (who aren't supposed to be sexualized) are. I'm sure 95% or more of the repressed get as markedly offended if a strait couple is dry humping on a park bench, as they do when a gay couple does.

I agree to an extent, but at the same time we treat any and all even mildly sexually-related things utterly taboo. Obviously that's breaking down as time goes on and I consider that a good thing, but...

...point is, having to answer mildly uncomfortable questions about the human body and sexuality is part of being a parent. And being uncomfortable with these acts yourself as an adult isn't healthy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-05 16:54:44  
And being uncomfortable with these acts yourself as an adult isn't healthy.
Does this mean in order to be a 'healthy' adult you have to appreciate the pleasures of gay sex regardless of sexual orientation?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-05 17:06:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Does this mean in order to be a 'healthy' adult you have to appreciate the pleasures of gay sex regardless of sexual orientation?

Obvious troll question, it's not even close to what he said. But, any adult that is comfortable with their own sexuality should be aware that different people have different tastes. I think there's things within the hetero category that are far more disgusting and unnatural than your average buggery.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-05 17:06:29  
Not a logical extrapolation.
By fonewear 2014-09-05 17:08:26  
To summarize:

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-05 17:11:54  
It's a simple yes or no question. If you're not comfortable enough with your own sexuality to answer, that's fine.
By fonewear 2014-09-05 17:13:49  
It's called college to answer your question.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-05 17:46:36  
Butthole pleasures and gay (man) sex are different entities. You can be straight as an arrow and still appreciate a good pegging.

I kind of sympathize with Chaosx here though, I personally find two men getting it on a very disconcerting act to my heterosexual psyche. I'm just incapable of reconciling it in any other way besides detached objective analysis. The twofold assault on my senses is just overwhelmingly counter-intuitive. On one end, you've got the whole stinky-penis thing going on, and on another, I am completely incapable of finding the male body attractive. This creates what is known as a cognitive dissonance when confronted with the act, literally a sense of discomfort in the mind. When you consider most people are actually uncomfortable with any public displays of affection regardless of the orientation of those displays, is it really fair to say any healthy adult should be comfortable with an act even farther (regardless of how slightly) down the line?

So I don't think it's fair to dogpile on Chaosx because he's openly admitting being uncomfortable. My admission of being uncomfortable with it does not preclude my belief that homosexual acts are every bit as capable of being considered acts of love as heterosexual acts, deserving of all protections and tolerance any sexual act between two consenting adults is afforded. A stance I have (and will continue to) take to the streets to support.

TL;DR - A King's Ransom to the person who solves the smell issues of anal sex.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-05 17:54:57  
I prefer the smell of pumpkin pie and coffee personally...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-05 17:58:54  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Butthole pleasures and gay (man) sex are different entities. You can be straight as an arrow and still appreciate a good pegging.

I kind of sympathize with Chaosx here though, I personally find two men getting it on a very disconcerting act to my heterosexual psyche. I'm just incapable of reconciling it in any other way besides detached objective analysis. The twofold assault on my senses is just overwhelmingly counter-intuitive. On one end, you've got the whole stinky-penis thing going on, and on another, I am completely incapable of finding the male body attractive. This creates what is known as a cognitive dissonance when confronted with the act, literally a sense of discomfort in the mind. When you consider most people are actually uncomfortable with any public displays of affection regardless of the orientation of those displays, is it really fair to say any healthy adult should be comfortable with an act even farther (regardless of how slightly) down the line?

So I don't think it's fair to dogpile on Chaosx because he's openly admitting being uncomfortable. My admission of being uncomfortable with it does not preclude my belief that homosexual acts are every bit as capable of being considered acts of love as heterosexual acts, deserving of all protections and tolerance any sexual act between two consenting adults is afforded. A stance I have (and will continue to) take to the streets to support.

Personal scented hygiene products and proper precautions such as anal douche-ing.
By fonewear 2014-09-05 18:04:29  
Speaking of that:

[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-09-05 18:26:02  
I agree to an extent, but at the same time we treat any and all even mildly sexually-related things utterly taboo.

This [+]x10. Parents avoiding such topics are doing a disservice to their children by not educating them about pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.

K-12 institutions go over it things like contraception, pregnancy and STI's very briefly but they don't really go into detail about the discretion of using such tools. Children are really just getting: "ok you can get the following infections via oral/anal/vaginal/etc.- a condom will help reduce the risk."

Whether or not to use a condom, birth control pill, etc. is something a lot of young adults ask. Simply saying "just use a condom" or "wait for sex till marriage" isn't good enough.
By fonewear 2014-09-05 18:27:20  
Just take your kids to the zoo watch the monkeys.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-09-05 18:30:44  
fonewear said: »
Just take your kids to the zoo watch the monkeys.

I just plan on showing them the turtle video on youtube!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-06 13:54:30  
So my $564 fine that turned into 5 days of community service which then transferred into 30 hours (credit for 6 hours/day, only do 4 hours) that then somehow managed to turn into only one day, which was scheduled for today 8am-noon of 'light paperwork' has been finished.

I got up at 6:30am to be ready by 7:30am, got there by 7:52am to sign in and and make sure I was parked in the right place (had to move my car down a block and to the right as it turns out). I ended up being in my car on my way out by 9am.

As it turns out the 'light paperwork' thing didn't happen because the lady was on vacation and I was the only one for that particular assignment. So I was grouped in with the trash picking up crew. 13 of us total, 5 punks were assigned to go up to one highway (walking distance) and circle around a few blocks. Another 5 punks were assigned to go down the other way towards the other highway and circle around another few blocks. The remaining 3 of us were assigned the section right where I was parked.

It was one guy running the community service thing driving around checking up on everyone. Told the whole group before we had split up, yeah it's going to be a short day, probably will get done by 11. Just don't get caught sitting around on any of the main streets or highways doing nothing.

Our group, the 3 of us, walked to where I was parked, smoked some cigarettes, bullshitted for about 15minutes. As we weren't on any roads or highways. The guy checking up on everyone drove to the desolate parking lot where he told us to go, said after you guys are done with your smoke break, do this one thing down here and you're done for the day. Walked a little further down to where he drove. He said don't worry about the broken glass or the cigarette butts, just pick up these dirty cloths the homeless people who slept here left laying around (with the grabber tools he gave us), fill up this bag and give me a call when you're done. Took us about 15min to finish.

The one guy in our group had his cell phone number so he called the guy in charge up. Hung around for another 10min waiting for the guy in charge. He said "Excellent, you guys did an amazing job, you're done for the day. You all can go home now."

Signed off that we did our 4 hours of work, which technically counted as 6, but realistically was just shy of an hour from the time it started to the time I got back into my car. I made sure that was all I had to do. He's like yup you're done, that's it.

He then proceeded to tell us that if anyone still has days left, it wouldn't be for another 2 weeks, as he's going to Vegas and don't tell anyone that he let us go so early or he'd get in trouble since he's supposed to be there until noon.

Community service ftw!

Toss a cigarette butt out the window and have some random officer write me up a ticket without pulling me over. Go to court, go through a joke of a trial just to find out exactly what the charge was while wasting everyone's time. Get sent to community service to only have to serve one day which lasted barely an hour with 15min of actual work while the rest of the time was bullshitting and smoking cigarettes, then told not to worry about any butts on the ground.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-06 13:59:35  
Irony at it's best.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-06 14:04:49  
Irony at it's best.
It really didn't sink in until he said, don't worry about any cigarette butts on the ground, as we were smoking.

Justice!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 14:15:41  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »

I get that not everyone is wired the same, but it doesn't excuse people using emotions as an excuse to deny people basic human rights. Of the (surprisingly large) number of LGBT people I've been close to in my life, I can't say a single one ever was any more perverse or depraved than any of the hetero people I've known. It's quite easy to just not think about what other people do between the sheets. And, for the record, I'm don't like the idea of anyone groping or making out in public, regardless of their gender or orientation, it's just poor tact.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 14:24:23  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I rarely take things like that personally, no, but I've said before it's a simple matter of respect. At most, it would probably get an eye roll from me since, at least in my experiences, people who have no problem lobbing derogatory terms at complete strangers aren't worth engaging anyway, and I'm not going to make an argument about it over voice or game chat where that crap usually pops up.
To me it's a turn of phrase, regardless of it's possible misnomered applications. I have nothing but respect and a bit of envy for a gay man, I can't stand putting up with the ***women do, but I love *** pussy and female booty, it's a curse really.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-06 14:33:06  
I can't stand putting up with the ***women do, but I love *** pussy and female booty, it's a curse really.
I found the secret to this problem, foreign women. Don't date American. You'll have a whole new appreciation for the opposite sex.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 14:41:44  
I can't stand putting up with the ***women do, but I love *** pussy and female booty, it's a curse really.
I found the secret to this problem, foreign women. Don't date American. You'll have a whole new appreciation for the opposite sex.

I'm with you there, until they spend too much time here absorbing our shitty culture. Well the horrible parts of it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 1375 1376 1377