Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 747 748 749 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:49:01  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”

They're the freaking federal government. They get access to your tax information unless you're trying to hide it, in which case you're the guilty party.

Sorry, guess I'm "thinking with feels" again. Whatever.
Eh no feels detected yet, just unable to see how years ago such a move was consider illegal and forced a president to resign, but now it's ok cause Obama did it with good intentions. Guess the times are changing.

Cue up the Bob Dylan song !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:50:47  
I can sing like Dylan I just need to get drunk first.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-08 11:11:44  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Edit:
Tsipras to speak at the European Parliament soonish.
Edit: He begins now.
Edit: ooo lively parliament today, at least during the first response speach after Tsipras
Speech that seemed to be the most popular today:
Guy Verhofstadt leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Group (ALDE)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 11:18:37  
A “DOJ Recap” on an Oct. 8, 2010 meeting tells how officials from the three agencies discussed “several possible theories to bring criminal charges under FEC law” against groups “posing” as tax-exempt nonprofits.

Point of order: How is this a bad thing? I want them bringing criminal charges against groups abusing their tax-exempt status...
The evidence shows “that the Obama IRS scandal is also an Obama DOJ and FBI scandal,” noted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The FBI and Justice Department worked with Lois Lerner and the IRS to concoct some reason to put President Obama’s opponents in jail before his re-election. And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”
Guess you missed this point. It wasn't about some noble purpose.
May be accurate if the IRS thing was ever a thing to begin with, it wasn't.

At least no evidence presented to this date to verify it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 13:08:00  
It's hard to present evidence to people with their heads in the sand.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 13:10:25  
I see the issue, so to speak.

But I see the issue as merely a symptom of the bigger problem of money and cronyism in government.

Look at it from a medical comparison, if you will.

Harping on this one issue as this big awful terrible thing that needs to be fixed is analogous to the complaint so many make about psychological care.

Getting up in arms about this issue and trying to punish just it is like the way so many people complain about psych meds. Sure, it might help for a while and make things calmer on the political front.

But the underlying cause is still there.

Sadly, the psychological analogy is fairly accurate, because we also have no cure for this problem as of yet without killing the patient.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 13:15:30  

But I see the issue as merely a symptom of the bigger problem of money and cronyism in government.

I hear the best way to get rid of the bigger problem is to let people get away with taking advantage of it.

Impeccable logic, there.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 13:19:21  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I hear the best way to get rid of the bigger problem is to let people get away with taking advantage of it.

Impeccable logic, there.

Didn't say let them get away with it. Said it wasn't specifically a problem per se, it just needs applied to both parties.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 13:21:27  

Impeccable logic, there.

Didn't say let them get away with it. Said it wasn't specifically a problem per se, it just needs applied to both parties.

Oh good, so we should hold Obama to account like we did Nixon?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 13:27:49  

Impeccable logic, there.

Why start now he has been in office since 2008 !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 13:29:19  

Impeccable logic, there.

No, we hold all these *** "non-profits" accountable regardless of party...
By fonewear 2015-07-08 13:29:55  
Those damn non profits when will it end ! If they were real Americans they would be out there making profits.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 13:33:19  

Impeccable logic, there.

No, we hold all these *** "non-profits" accountable regardless of party...

Okay, so it's totally cool to do something illegal as long as it targets groups that you don't like? Your argument is all sorts of whack.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-08 13:42:42  
Your argument is all sorts of wiggity wiggity whack.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 13:44:56  
Okay, so it's totally cool to do something illegal as long as it targets groups that you don't like? Your argument is all sorts of whack.

I don't see why it's illegal.

Government. IRS. Tax information.

How is there an illegal way for it to be obtained? They should have full access to it already.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 13:45:24  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

R.I.P. 90s child hiphop.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 13:48:45  
Doesn't matter cause:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-08 13:49:27  
Wacked? What is this, The Sopranos??
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-08 13:56:46  

R.I.P. 90s child hiphop.

Fare thee well, roller rinks and legit arcades. :(
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-08 13:57:40  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

R.I.P. 90s child hiphop.

Japan would like a word with you on that arcade bit.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-08 13:58:27  
Arcades was lots of fun. Now when I go to the places who had that they have replaced all games with slot machines and video poker. Cause people's addiction is more profitable than people's fun :c
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-08 14:00:01  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Arcades was lots of fun. Now when I go to the places who had that they have replaced all games with slot machines and video poker. Cause people's addiction is more profitable than people's fun :c
That and our culture has shifted to having a game console in our home, what point is there to have an arcade in western countries?

Japan however has a different cultural belief that gaming is a public thing, hence their giant arcades, and that PC gaming in Japan is rather outlandish due to their views that a PC isn't a game platform, but rather a work outlet.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-08 14:03:10  
The big *** theatres around where I live, and some of the bowling allies have arcades in them still.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:03:49  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I've got a roller rink not a mile from my house!
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:04:30  
Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »
Japan however has a different cultural belief that gaming is a public thing, hence their giant arcades, and that PC gaming in Japan is rather outlandish due to their views that a PC isn't a game platform, but rather a work outlet.

Which is why they kept *** PS2 support around for so long...
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:05:11  
Bloodrose said: »
The big *** theatres around where I live, and some of the bowling allies have arcades in them still.

Yeah, but they're not the full-size, triple-storefront-space in the mall arcades of the glory days of quarter slamming where there's an entire wall just for lightgun games alone.

I was the Lethal Enforcers champion.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:07:28  
I remember the day the only roller rink by me closed and the next week they turned it into a pool store.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-08 14:09:07  
I played in arcades till like 5 years ago or so. I'm not talking of the last century. But now they all have slot poker and video machines.
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-08 14:14:00  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I played in arcades till like 5 years ago or so. I'm not talking of the last century. But now they all have slot poker and video machines.

Yes and I refer to the very same. The current generation of gamers are lazy kids who don't want to leave their houses and would rather play their little xbox one or PS4. That and most arcade game manufacturers no longer produce arcade games of modern-era games, they would rather make cheaper to produce gambling games where more money is bet and the house wins.

Arcades in America are really feeling the hurt, as there have been talks of turning the arcade in the Huntington mall of West Virginia into a greeting center since hardly anybody will go in there.

I recommend if you find an arcade and you have a few dollars to spare, go play in it, tickets or no, it's really nice to see what we had, even if their most entertaining game is Tekken and one of the joysticks no longer works, or that Silent Scope game. Every time I go to the mall, I go into the arcade and play a few rounds of stuff like skeeball or DDR on their big screens.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:16:36  
I recommend if you find an arcade and you have a few dollars to spare, go play in it, tickets or no, it's really nice to see what we had, even if their most entertaining game is Tekken and one of the joysticks no longer works, or that Silent Scope game. Every time I go to the mall, I go into the arcade and play a few rounds of stuff like skeeball or DDR on their big screens.

I've not been in a mall with a true arcade for years.

Our mall has a few games in a room in the food court, but that's the biggest I've seen in a long, long time. And our mall isn't exactly tiny (though they do have the big-screen DDR you reference).

Best place to go for old-style arcade action is -- in my experience -- amusement parks. Along with the regular amusement park booth games, many have midways with big game rooms with walls of skeeball and other similar physical-interaction games.

The current generation of gamers are lazy kids who don't want to leave their houses and would rather play their little xbox one or PS4.

There's really nothing lazy or wrong with this. It's just the evolution of the industry and entertainment. I don't see you criticizing today's kids for not chasing a hoop with a stick!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 747 748 749 ... 1375 1376 1377