Phoenix.Studboy
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Studboy
By Phoenix.Studboy 2014-06-27 12:15:06  
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
I don't care if it stays on the frontpage or not. It is easy to ignore. But it is a cesspool of stupidity that seems to be frequented by wannabe Debate Majors and the site wouldn't lose anything by getting rid of the sub-forum entirely. It's also funny how every person arguing against the change is a frequent spammerposter in that sub-forum.

Well who do you expect to defend it? People who never go there and have no interest in it?

If it had any kind of value I think they would. If someone wanted to get rid of the WAR forums I would argue against it because it is relevant and adds something to the site. Even if it doesn't add it for me. The problem with P&R is that the only people who seem to care about it use it for spamming, inflammatory arguments, or click-bait that would make BuzzFeed uncomfortable.

Like I said, its continued existence doesn't bother me(despite me seeing no value in it) but you can't deny that it is creating an issue. We've seen multiple threads like this one pop up. Why not just make it so the average user doesn't have to be annoyed by it? If you're worried about "censorship" make it an opt-in setting.

I don't see how that is something that needs to be so vehemently protested by the users of P&R.

To be completely honest, I would have no idea what was going on in the world without seeing it on this site. With the amount of hours that I work (currently pushing about 75 a week), I really don't go out of my way to read up on current events. Sure I have to sift through the ***-waving to get it, but I actually find it useful at times.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2014-06-27 15:41:34  
Easy fix op.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2014-06-27 15:46:54  
Does that mean we could filter XI threads ?
:D
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-27 15:47:45  
Valefor.Tsurara said: »
An optional setting that users can use to block threads on the front page? People can voluntarily block sections or voluntarily leave them unblocked, but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the liberal bias on this website. I don't click the threads, but seeing their titles is enough to piss me off. I think it'd be nice if users who come to this site have the option to choose what sections show up on the front page (as in to to settings and put a filter up)

I can't stand looking at it anymore, and I'm on the verge of not coming back to this website if this is all that goes on.

Not coming to the site at all is a 100% guarantee to not see the threads posted on the site!

EDIT: To add that you complain that even the titles are worded in a way to pull someone in while your own title is worded like so: "Can there be a setting". Are you certain, 100%, you are not the issue here?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-06-27 15:50:14  
you have under 500 posts on the forums. are you saying that the people who have come here everyday for years and racked up thousands and tens of thousands posts should be shooed off because you can't handle thread titles? no offense, but this is a community site, not every post will pertain to ffxi. if the forums were restricted to nothing but ffxi, and people couldn't post about politics, other games, movies, and cats/anime/boobs/food/picsthatmakeyoulolololol, this site wouldn't be here anymore. you should be appreciative of those no lifers that argue night and day generating revenue for the site via their "date an asian" ads.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-06-27 15:51:41  
Is this thread reverse trollism? seriously, is it? :3
By Sieha1 2014-06-27 15:53:27  
Maybe the P&R threads shouldn't be mained. I mean if you want to go find them then go for it but for people who don't care to see the constant assault on conservatives then they shouldn't have to deal with it to look up something on the AH.

That might almost stop some people from clicking ads even!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-06-27 15:59:25  
I like qiqirns.

That is all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-27 16:07:50  
I want a setting, instant BACON button, can we get that for the site plz?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 16:25:10  
I'm sure that if there was an option to remove threads from the front page, there would be no threads up at all.

If there was an option to remove a specific forum from the front page for you and only you, then what's the big deal?
By Sieha1 2014-06-27 16:59:54  
Well if an option is made to disable all of the offensive threads from the front page then it should be default to on so that new comers dont get scared off by that place.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-27 17:03:51  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
This has been requested in the past several times and the general answer has been: no.

The purpose of the front page is to show the last made posts. Obviously not going into the threads you don't want to read is the easiest solution. You mentioned that just seeing them irks you but honestly... that's your own issue to deal with. There are plenty of non-political related threads being made, plenty of... FFXI related threads, and plenty of conservative biased stuff as well.

I can't speak for Scragg in any way at all, but I'd say it is very unlikely you will see the feature you are looking for being implemented.

So it's ok for the ones who don't want to see be unable to block it? That's in my opinion some really bad moderation especially if the threads are made to bait people (Don't act like it isn't done, it's done all the time to lure people out to have 'debates' when in truth these are just pisskickings)

I hardly ever touch a P&R thread because of this, but that's all I can do. I can't keep myself from seeing these absurd threads and yet there's no way to negotiate a possible way for those WHO ARENT INTERESTED AT ALL IN POLITICS from seeing the threads we don't want to see? I'm sorry, I must be a straight up 'tard then, because what I'm asking for is unreasonable.

if a thread is made to bait people, I would hope you would be intelligent enough to not allow yourself to be baited or to even bother commenting on it.

Its called Self Control, IE the self control not to order everything at McDonalds and then blame McDonalds for being fat.
By dragomair 2014-06-27 17:13:38  
I'd love this option TBH, (Block servers you're not on, political/random section, FFXIV, etc.)
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2014-06-27 17:18:19  
Everyone in this thread who is bashing on the OP, take a look at your FFXI character, or for you permanent trolls, just keep on trolling. You have a blacklist, if you are bashing the OP and have even 1 person on it, you're a hypocrite. All the OP is asking for is a setting to prevent... aka BLACKLIST topics they consider to be trash. How is that unfair or unrealistic to expect the option to be able to say "I don't want to see any threads in this sub-forum"?

I couldn't care less about lolBLU on FFXI so not seeing any posts from the lolBLU thread would make my day better. When I refresh the forum tab, I want to see what interests me, not everything.

Oh and before anyone comments about other sites, you have user preferences on most sites, email lists, and blogs to check off what interests you and they tailor your visit/spam to that.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-27 17:21:02  
lawl.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-27 17:29:04  
An optional setting that users can use to block threads on the front page? People can voluntarily block sections or voluntarily leave them unblocked, but I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the liberal bias on this website. I don't click the threads, but seeing their titles is enough to piss me off. I think it'd be nice if users who come to this site have the option to choose what sections show up on the front page (as in to to settings and put a filter up)

I can't stand looking at it anymore, and I'm on the verge of not coming back to this website if this is all that goes on.
You really only see what you want to see, as there isn't a liberal bias on this site.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-27 17:31:10  
Leviathan.Matteh said: »
seconded.

but seriously, this overall idea has been talked about before.
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-27 17:32:51  
Jetackuu said: »
seconded.

well instead of the + button, replace it with bacon and the site sends you strips of bacon bases on how many ppl clicked on the bacon XD
By Jetackuu 2014-06-27 17:35:38  
Jetackuu said: »
seconded.

well instead of the + button, replace it with bacon and the site sends you strips of bacon bases on how many ppl clicked on the bacon XD

Free bacon?

*** yeah!
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-06-27 17:39:13  
Thou shalt not touch on a nerve lest ye be ridiculed by the masses til the end of thine FFXIAH days.

Seriously though, this is a good suggestion. I think the bad reaction comes from people who WANT to shove their views in your face. Political discussions might be important but i'm one of the people who think gaming and politics do not mix.

I'm willing to bet most people have linkshells in-game who say the same thing every time someone tries to manhandle the chat log with their shock-value political propaganda.

Apparently its a big thing on these forums. Allow some user control options and everyone wins. Unless it somehow problemous from a coding perspective.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-06-27 18:00:37  
Skjalf would like to see only FFXI-related latest topics on main page as well.

meow  :3
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-06-27 19:05:32  
Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
Everyone in this thread who is bashing on the OP, take a look at your FFXI character, or for you permanent trolls, just keep on trolling. You have a blacklist, if you are bashing the OP and have even 1 person on it, you're a hypocrite. All the OP is asking for is a setting to prevent... aka BLACKLIST topics they consider to be trash. How is that unfair or unrealistic to expect the option to be able to say "I don't want to see any threads in this sub-forum"?

I couldn't care less about lolBLU on FFXI so not seeing any posts from the lolBLU thread would make my day better. When I refresh the forum tab, I want to see what interests me, not everything.

Oh and before anyone comments about other sites, you have user preferences on most sites, email lists, and blogs to check off what interests you and they tailor your visit/spam to that.
The Op threw a fit in another thread so hard that he felt the need to start a thread of his very own to continue to throw an extension of that fit...

It's one thing to sincerely ask the forum admins for a possible addition and its another thing to cry across the forum about something that can be easily ignored... so yeah...
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-06-27 19:13:52  
No.
[+]