Bravura Owners.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura owners.
Bravura owners.
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-06-27 23:24:38  
How do owners of Bravura like it? Useful mainly soloing on warrior or do added effects proc enough to make it useful in a party situation? Mainly making it for fun but would like some feedback on the best uses for it and or best situations. Thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-28 05:37:56  
Bravura is great whenever the boss has overpowered offense. The AM effect is -20% damage taken and is easily kept up full time. MT is a decent WS. Overall the weapon is defensive in nature.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-28 06:46:22  
There are currently no situations where it shines, and probably never will be, unless you go back in time with it to 75cap.
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-06-29 12:44:18  
It was a pretty solid option until the update, now I would just use/build a Rag and go with Resolution.
 Shiva.Isolation
サーバ: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2014-06-29 13:01:02  
yea, I made mine just to have it. Don't think I've actually ever used it on anything that mattered
By Fasaga 2014-06-29 23:29:33  
It's really not bad, but it's by no means the best. It's obviously good when you need the accuracy or need a very high accuracy/DT hybrid. The only fight I've encountered in endgame that it's the best option for warrior is the Ouryu v2 battlefield.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-06-30 05:39:26  
It's good anytime a fight requires you prioritizing survivability over killing it 2m faster. These tend to be fights where the boss's have access to attacks that can take an unfortunate DD from full 2100HP to dead in 3~5 seconds. In those instances maintaining a -20% DT effect full time is beneficial as it can often prevent those random deaths. It's high time people stop pretending FFXI is a game where you fight brick walls with a stop watch.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-06-30 06:07:33  
I have both Ragnarok and Bravura, and usually pull out my Bravura just when we are doing old content like ADL and legion.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-30 06:46:09  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
It's good anytime a fight requires you prioritizing survivability over killing it 2m faster. These tend to be fights where the boss's have access to attacks that can take an unfortunate DD from full 2100HP to dead in 3~5 seconds. In those instances maintaining a -20% DT effect full time is beneficial as it can often prevent those random deaths. It's high time people stop pretending FFXI is a game where you fight brick walls with a stop watch.

Its high time the hoard stops chanting the same tired mantra without citing any real world benefits.

Fights that can take a DD from full to dead in 1 tp move are not fights you bring melees to (except NIN). I can't think of any instance I bring a melee job to where I spend enough time in DT gear to justify using an inferior weapon to that end.

Almost all of delve is fairly unthreatening and most of the really dangerous high tier battlefields use rng or nin strats on higher difficulties.
[+]
By Fasaga 2014-06-30 11:46:58  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Its high time the hoard stops chanting the same tired mantra without citing any real world benefits.

Fights that can take a DD from full to dead in 1 tp move are not fights you bring melees to (except NIN). I can't think of any instance I bring a melee job to where I spend enough time in DT gear to justify using an inferior weapon to that end.

Almost all of delve is fairly unthreatening and most of the really dangerous high tier battlefields use rng or nin strats on higher difficulties.

Fasaga said: »
It's really not bad, but it's by no means the best. It's obviously good when you need the accuracy or need a very high accuracy/DT hybrid. The only fight I've encountered in endgame that it's the best option for warrior is the Ouryu v2 battlefield.
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-30 11:49:01  

Stellar Zerg too. Brazen Rush + Mighty Strikes is broken.
By Fasaga 2014-06-30 11:49:22  
Obviously not a reason to spend ~150M but if you already have it and are looking for a reason to use it, there ya go.
By Fasaga 2014-06-30 11:50:40  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »

Stellar Zerg too. Brazen Rush + Mighty Strikes is broken.

Well ya, but in that case conq > bravura, where as in ouryu I would argue bravura is the best option available to warriors.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-30 15:18:33  

I have done Difficult Ouryu v2 more times than I can count on MNK mostly, SAM a couple of times. I don't require PDT gear for it on either job, I don't see why WAR would be any different.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-06-30 16:01:53  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

I have done Difficult Ouryu v2 more times than I can count on MNK mostly, SAM a couple of times. I don't require PDT gear for it on either job, I don't see why WAR would be any different.
War doesnt guard or naturally counter. For more reasons on monk superior blah, ask pchan? For the sake of on topic spend your gils on a different gaxe!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-30 16:06:49  
Parry > Guard
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-30 16:18:30  
Asura.Echandra said: »
War doesnt guard or naturally counter. For more reasons on monk superior blah, ask pchan? For the sake of on topic spend your gils on a different gaxe!

Guard is worth basically nothing in terms of mitigation and counter with a non-spharai weapon with no counterstance up isn't making a notable difference either.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-06-30 16:45:17  
Yeah pretty much already made. Was mainly making for fun. Just was curious how often added effects proc etc. Was going to use mainly dual boxing things etc. Thank you all for the responses.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-01 04:04:47  
Obviously not a reason to spend ~150M but if you already have it and are looking for a reason to use it, there ya go.

It's pretty much in the exact same category as Apoc, something you pull out when you either don't trust your WHM or the NM has overpowered cheese moves. A win is a win, and winning in 2 minutes faster doesn't produce more loot where as DD's dieing due to a combination of NM cheese could result in a loss. I have both Rag and Bravura and use whichever one I think is best for the situation I'm going to be in.

People really need to stop this imaginary fairy tale where SE hasn't been focusing on making everything overpowered. They're battle designer has a serious case of Killer Game Master.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-01 04:06:06  
Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Yeah pretty much already made. Was mainly making for fun. Just was curious how often added effects proc etc. Was going to use mainly dual boxing things etc. Thank you all for the responses.

It procs fairly ofter, even on D AA fights and such. It's very useful in those situations because the things that tend to have overpowering offense also tend to have ridiculously high evasion / defense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-01 08:02:56  
Yet using a lower DPS weapon could produce the same result. The longer something takes to die, the more it gets to use these "overpowered cheese moves" which quite frankly, are no more survivable with a Bravura. It's not like it goes past DT cap.

I don't even know why you mentioned Apocalypse in any other circumstance than your healer(s) are atrocious to the point of them being a waste of a slot.
By Fasaga 2014-07-01 10:24:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Yet using a lower DPS weapon could produce the same result. The longer something takes to die, the more it gets to use these "overpowered cheese moves" which quite frankly, are no more survivable with a Bravura. It's not like it goes past DT cap.

I don't even know why you mentioned Apocalypse in any other circumstance than your healer(s) are atrocious to the point of them being a waste of a slot.
The thing is, right now it's not so much a problem with the DPS of bravura in comparison to warriors other options, it's a problem with warrior in comparison to other jobs. If were discussing strictly warrior I believe the spreadsheet general results are, conq(by a large margin 15-20%)>Ukon AM3/2>bravura=rag>ukon AM1> Everything else. That also assumes accuracy is capped and survivability isn't an issue. The problem with spreadsheet results is they don't account for human error or changes in the battle. If you get dispelled and accuracy becomes uncapped bravura becomes stronger. You also mentioned that the -DT isn't useful because of how easy it is to cap without that 20%. However, it's achieving that last 20% that comes at the most cost for non-bravura users. So you are able to maintain both a high level of accuracy, and a maximum amount of damage taken.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-07-01 16:38:46  
Mainly I am curious as to how often the defense down procs as to that benefits the entire alliance.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-01 21:25:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

The thing is, right now it's not so much a problem with the DPS of bravura in comparison to warriors other options, it's a problem with warrior in comparison to other jobs. If were discussing strictly warrior I believe the spreadsheet general results are, conq(by a large margin 15-20%)>Ukon AM3/2>bravura=rag>ukon AM1> Everything else. That also assumes accuracy is capped and survivability isn't an issue. The problem with spreadsheet results is they don't account for human error or changes in the battle. If you get dispelled and accuracy becomes uncapped bravura becomes stronger. You also mentioned that the -DT isn't useful because of how easy it is to cap without that 20%. However, it's achieving that last 20% that comes at the most cost for non-bravura users. So you are able to maintain both a high level of accuracy, and a maximum amount of damage taken.

It's not about the last 20%, it's about have a permanent 20% in full on TP gear. It's like I said above, 2 minutes isn't going to make or break your fight but a strong DD going down will. It's a decision that needs to be made on a case by case basis. People far to often assume the boss is just going to stand there and occasionally hit you for 100 damage. Magic has a 3s global lockout after casting, nothing the healer does will allow them to cast that cure any faster then those 3s. This means if the healer was mid cast on a haste or other core and the NM did something stupid and your sitting at half HP, it's in your best interest to try to survive long enough for the 3s global time and the additional 2~3s it takes to cast the next cure(ga). It's all about giving the healer a longer window to recover and respond.

There is reason we started using PLD + RNG's for things and it had nothing to do with damage output.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-07-01 22:10:55  
..Exactly? We use PLD and RNG for things that necessitate it, and we otherwise don't

Your argument amounts to, "Cailimh has some pretty nasty AoE, so you had better use Bravura against Wopket"
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 22:33:45  
not sure what i stumbled upon here, Bravura is god in endgame, end of discussion, everything else was irrelevant
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-01 23:00:49  
Bravura is so good it's like having 2Dring in the weapon slot, clearly the best weapon ever.

Also war is OP still, need to nerf it or the buff other job like sam so sam can keep up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-01 23:14:56  
they did exactly just that, no sam should come in 2nd place to a warrior in endgame nowadays, if so, rep the sam
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-07-02 00:14:05  
You appear to be lost
[+]
 Shiva.Isolation
サーバ: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2014-07-15 16:19:04  
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
they did exactly just that, no sam should come in 2nd place to a warrior in endgame nowadays, if so, rep the sam
Sadly.... this is spot on. Since Fudo update, cant get my Bravura or Rag close to Sam
First Page 2