users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Chatoyant Staff
Chatoyant Staff
 Carbuncle.Purrrl
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Purrrl
By Carbuncle.Purrrl 2014-07-16 02:36:33  
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong when attempting to craft Chatoyant staff? I get the elements aligned within a couple numbers as with almost any synergy craft, and it still fails. Please help!
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-16 03:01:26  
It'll glow and say "End Synergy" as soon as it is ready, if you wait too long, you'll get a message along the lines of "the image grows blurry." DO NOT pull if you get that message. Most of the time if you're +/-3 of the required alignment it should still work. That synth was a pain at first for me as well, you'll get it.
 Carbuncle.Purrrl
By Carbuncle.Purrrl 2014-07-16 03:20:44  
It's not even coming up with the glow and then going blurry, it's just not letting me get it. I remember making it the day it came out just short of pulling my hair out, and haven't been able to do it again. >.<! thanks for the response though, I just thought there was something I was missing when it came to this synth.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-16 03:38:01  
If I remember correctly it's not an 'easy synth' per say but it's definitely doable for a single person. I must've made at least 20 of those things the first day they came out cause no one else would do it. You'll get it, patience is a virtue but then again, easier said than done. Good luck!
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-16 04:19:05  
If you get the message that the image has grown blurry after you get the right levels then you have a leak. Its been a while since I messed around with synergy but you have to add either the element weak/strong to the one thats leaking I just cant remember which.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-16 04:29:35  
I've successfully finished, even HQ'd, while there is leaking though so I don't think a leak would prevent the synthesis from completing.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-16 04:39:14  
It does if it lowers an element enough it makes the image go blurry then when you click finish it comes up witb synergy failed.

Edit: Its that or they havent taken into account that elements lower the level of the one they are strong against and thus that element wont be aligned.
 Ragnarok.Xjacex
By Ragnarok.Xjacex 2014-07-16 04:42:19  
A leak can throw off your elemental alignment even by just a little bit which could be enough to cause your synth to fail. Beware as it is very possible for you to get the message "The image grows blurry" just as you click "End Synergy" causing premature baldness, a hand full of hair, and a failed synth.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Purrrl
By Carbuncle.Purrrl 2014-07-16 11:37:44  
There were several times I was attempting this synth after asking on here, and I would have my elements within +/-3 and no leak, and it still wouldn't be ready for end synergy. It's why I was so frustrated on making this staff. I did finally get it done, but I would love to understand exactly why it was being like this. I did have to stop a couple of ice/water leaks while synthing, and that sometimes caused fire or wind element to be up over 10. I don't know if that was why they were failing, but if that's the case what the heck are we supposed to do when a leak happens if we can't put in the opposing element? Thanks much guys!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-16 11:41:13  
You can have 1-2 elements off by that much. However, any more than that and it will not be ready to end and will fail. You have to be right on the money with some of them.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-16 11:54:43  
Ragnarok.Xjacex said: »
A leak can throw off your elemental alignment even by just a little bit which could be enough to cause your synth to fail. Beware as it is very possible for you to get the message "The image grows blurry" just as you click "End Synergy" causing premature baldness, a hand full of hair, and a failed synth.

True strike, that's why when I synergize for people I tell them every second counts and when I say PULL that means END NOW or you're probably gonna miss it and waste my time.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-07-16 12:09:42  
Carbuncle.Purrrl said: »
There were several times I was attempting this synth after asking on here, and I would have my elements within +/-3 and no leak, and it still wouldn't be ready for end synergy. It's why I was so frustrated on making this staff. I did finally get it done, but I would love to understand exactly why it was being like this. I did have to stop a couple of ice/water leaks while synthing, and that sometimes caused fire or wind element to be up over 10. I don't know if that was why they were failing, but if that's the case what the heck are we supposed to do when a leak happens if we can't put in the opposing element? Thanks much guys!

Not sure why your having difficulty when this synth is mighty easy in my opinion. You just have to make sure you start off with the right elements first for instance when you begin which element do you start off with because for you to get a leak and the opposite element is going up by up to 10 is just insane and means your doing something wrong.

when i make these craft i start off with feeding water element first you reach water to its goal which is 30 or near 30 then i go with fire and just feed fire till about 20+ element that way your water wont leak because fire is right up there up to par with it then go with ice up to its goal and since fire is up there already ice wont have much of a problem even though you could feed some wind just to be on the safe side then start feeding earth till its goal then you move on to lastly light and dark which is tricky if you don't know how to start off right with them but i noticed for light and dark it can be up to +/-4 and it will still complete the synth but i really don't see it that difficult but hope it helps GL.