言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish Setup
Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish Setup
First Page 2
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-28 22:03:43  
Good evening folks

How difficult is it to complete Outer Ra'kaznar skirmish? What is the typical setup? I've heard of MNK MNK MNK WHM BRD BLM working, is this the ideal group or is there anything this group is missing? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks folks
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-28 22:16:28  
It's extremely easy, normal setup is Whm+DDx4+Brd. In reality you can bring just about any setup as long as it has some damage dealers and a job that can half heal and win. Blm is definitely not in any way needed, Sam is way better than Mnk, Whm can be replaced by Sch or Rdm, Brd can be replaced by Geo.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-28 22:25:51  
We've done up to 3/3/3 secondary objective with MNK MNK WHM Nuker comfortably. As said nuker isn't required, but I usually 2box and take him to solo Umbrils while we cycle between camps/favorable NMs. Haven't tried any higher tiers mostly because we just don't care to, though would probably bring extra DD and buffer to 5/5/5

Really the only "difficult" part is realizing the small things you have to do on the NMs, like removing Ytzrgthing aura, using magic damage on Acuex, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2014-07-28 23:38:21  
Thanks for all the speedy replies folks, maybe I'm making this into a bigger deal than it is. I will give it a try with some friends when I get the chance, didn't want to go in blind.
 Odin.Terren
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2014-07-28 23:58:03  
The umbrils and acuex take tons of fire damage ... sch/rdm (no /nin needed unless you really don't gear for stoneskin/phalanx/regen5, and then, why the hell are you playing scholar?) or geo/rdm can destroy them in 1-2 casts, even with sch in light arts mode. Geo geared for nuking can pull them all and take them down with fira/fira2 very quickly. And bonus, indi/geo-haste is pretty ridiculous, so they can buff the hell out of the melee, and with dunna, 10mp/tic refresh for the whm.

Also, the marolith NM takes tons of thunder damage. A good sch can get a 3k+ ionohelix on him and basically solo if they had to.

We usually take mnk or sam or war as DDs, have to be careful with MNK though because some form of blunt or H2H damage will trigger the encumbrance move on the iron giant. A well-geared NIN works extremely well as DD too.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-29 00:25:27  
If you need magic dmg can bring a cor. Wildfire usually 1 shots umbril, leaden can 1 shot acumex.Skirmish zone has perma dark weather so leaden is op. Buff increases kill speed too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-29 03:20:18  
Been doing this Manaburn style recently, which has worked quite well.

SCH, BLM, BLM, BLM, BLM, BRD. Or alternatively, 5 BLM and a BRD.

If you run this route, you'd want atleast three of the BLM with Meteor to deal with Khimaira and Orthrus, the latter takes reasonable damage to water aswell though.

Avoid Ironclad like the plague, takes significantly reduced magic damage.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-07-29 05:00:03  
Outer Ra'kaznar Skirmish is pretty simple once you play through it for a while. The setup I usually go for is BLM, WHM, BRD, and DDx3 and it usually gets the job done on a high note.

Don't use magic on the Ironclad as it will get EXTREMELY pissed off and rampage with more powerful moves.

Dulluhan and Naraka seem to be weak to Wind Elemental spells like Aero. Umbrils can be easily killed with anything Fire based. Acuexs are weak to Ice spells. Have the WHM or any one /WHM use Barfira while fighting the Cerberus lookalike NM. The Monkey NM is weak to Ice as well, same as the Behemoth NM.

I usually go for the 3-4-3 runs or 4-3-4 if possible. 5 if possible. Higher tiers usually have better drop rates.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-29 05:20:29  
It's important to note other than killing stuff fast the reason to take a blm sch or geo is to help you meet the requirements to increase your coffers treasure hunter level. When you meet requirements correctly you can see the number of stars increase during the run. never go all DD it's simply a waste of a run.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 05:26:08  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
It's important to note other than killing stuff fast the reason to take a blm sch or geo is to help you meet the requirements to increase your coffers treasure hunter level. When you meet requirements correctly you can see the number of stars increase during the run. never go all DD it's simply a waste of a run.

And do you know what requirement are those?

Last i saw its all based on luck and heavily based on visage tier. Normally doing visage 5 most often than not i got a rank up, sometimes rank 1, others 2 or 3, and rarely a rank 4. Always mnkx3 cor brd whm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-29 05:54:14  
sounds like bs to me
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-07-29 06:29:58  
I normally go whm brd cor (insert whatever three LS dds that want to come).

BRD + COR buffs are awesome in skirmish. I normally go COR/DNC over my mythic DRG even. Like Afania mentioned above the perma-dark weather is amazing for leaden. Umbrils and Acuex are easily one shotted. If your COR and DD are good enough, often using leaden to close darkness on the Acuex NM is enough to finish it off at around 50%.

Easily clear 5/5/5 with this setup.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 08:21:51  
Can someone tell me what's the deal with the Ironclad. Hearing so many different things (no ws, use magic, don't use magic, etc etc). I suppose the idea is to avoid Ballistic Kick, and also Eradicator. What, if anything, triggers those 2 attacks? Been trying to observe its attacks when fighting but haven't really been able to make sense of it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 08:32:17  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
I don't think it can eradicator, I fought it using magic to test and it only used ballastic kick semi-regularily.

Just melee it down and you'll be laughing pretty much

It can do Eradicator:

But yeah, other than that it's only really a pain if and when using Ballistic Kick, and I've been unable to determin if anything specific triggers it, so I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm it being random or if it's triggered - and if so, by what.

Edit: btw, at the bottom of that screenshot is proof that the 95% accuracy cap is reversed when using Fudo when the mob is at less than 5% hp and the ws would have otherwise killed it... ; ;

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 08:51:35  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The last time I killed it Was thf and pld low man on opposite sides bouncing hate. And never saw eradicator or ballistic hmmm

What was your setup?

Mnk x2, drk, sam, whm and brd. And look what just happened, literally less than 5 mins ago:

Mnk x2, sam x2, whm and brd.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-07-29 08:56:03  
IC will use tp moves other than turbine cyclone when it is either hit with magic or with some type of debuff. As seen in the above pic, Shijin spiral's plague effect is the most common reason why groups will eat a random omgwth tp move that will cause trouble. Some people say that skillchains will also cause other tp moves to pop up but i havent noticed that at all.

As Sambb said earlier, bringing a nuker does help with TH stars. As with yorcia, aiming for mob's elemental weakness will help the TH tier most of the time(more so if its on nm's such as stone magic on the grasshopper especially when its casting or thunder on rock golem).
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-29 08:57:43  
We use 3 melee whm brd and w/e isn't in melee range cause well we don't like 1 whm for 4 melee.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 09:07:30  
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
IC will use tp moves other than turbine cyclone when it is either hit with magic or with some type of debuff. As seen in the above pic, Shijin spiral's plague effect is the most common reason why groups will eat a random omgwth tp move that will cause trouble. Some people say that skillchains will also cause other tp moves to pop up but i havent noticed that at all.

Thank you, that does make sense. I suspected debuffs had something to do with it, I've seen it do Ballistic Kick right at the start of the fight before any ws, but after one of the mages had cast DiaII on it.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 09:48:58  

As Sambb said earlier, bringing a nuker does help with TH stars. As with yorcia, aiming for mob's elemental weakness will help the TH tier most of the time(more so if its on nm's such as stone magic on the grasshopper especially when its casting or thunder on rock golem).

Nope.
Ballistic kick is triggered only if magic damage is dealt.
I already said my setup, that i did countless times ironclad, and always spammed shijin to avoid skillchain. He always used turbine cyclone, whats a pain because dispel buffs, but it was months since i ate ballistic kick, and never saw erradicator also.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 09:50:07  
Asura.Tamoa said: »

Thank you, that does make sense. I suspected debuffs had something to do with it, I've seen it do Ballistic Kick right at the start of the fight before any ws, but after one of the mages had cast DiaII on it.

Dia is magic dmg.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 09:58:38  
I'm perfectly aware that Dia is magic damage. AND a debuff. And seeing as I have been told so many different things regarding Ballistic Kick triggering, the debuff part was what made most sense to me.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-07-29 10:13:26  
Pantafernando said: »
Nope.
I already said my setup, that i did countless times ironclad, and always spammed shijin to avoid skillchain. He always used turbine cyclone, whats a pain because dispel buffs, but it was months since i ate ballistic kick, and never saw erradicator also.

And ive seen shijin make him kick before(no other type of debuff/magic dmg was used all fight) multiple times.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-29 10:21:55  
It just did Ballistic Kick WITHOUT any kind of magic cast on it. Can post screenshots if necessary.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-29 10:28:55  
Pantafernando said: »
Nope.

And ive seen shijin make him kick before(no other type of debuff/magic dmg was used all fight) multiple times.

Well, the last time i ate a ballistick kick was when a friend by mistake hit formless strike. Check if somehow someone had that after acuex nm or other magic weak related mob.
First Page 2