users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Update to Absorb Spells
Update to Absorb Spells
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Stereo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-08-01 09:26:15  
I know Liberator was already a beast. I'm an Apoc/Rag user and have always loved Apoc. Its my favorite weapon in the game and is single handedly responsible for allowing me to play FFXI the way I want to; Low-man and often solo with mules.

However the update SE posted about Abs spell casting times, from 2 seconds to 0.5 seconds has made me consider investing the resources and time into Liberator.

Asking those who understand the full dimensions of DRK to key in here and speak for or against investing some 210 mil and 2-3 months of time into making liberator.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-01 09:28:08  
Make the Liberator, and liberate your enemies of their attributes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 09:33:40  
I speak against 210m.

Its 270m if you manage to find all alex for 8k, what is normally below average, plus scorias (10m each).
 Cerberus.Stereo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-08-01 09:34:53  
Wish it was that simple. Apoc is just such a good weapon that allows for so much. I'm wondering when I would ever use Liberator.. If I'm going to be zerging things with 4-5 songs and buffs, I'd probably be on MNK... If I'm going to be soloing or low manning or tanking, surely Apoc is superior. If I have to do both, I have rag i119 to equip when its time to zerg.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 09:36:57  
Pantafernando said: »
I speak against 210m.

Its 270m if you manage to find all alex for 8k, what is normally below average, plus scorias (10m each).

Akexes on my server are 7-6.8k. That and I do salvage daily 5 times with 5 different characters. I make about 18 million a week selling Alexes. My server is very Alex friendly. Lots of other players I've known for years who have armies of mules doing the same thing. It would probably cost me less than 210 mil, probably in the region of 170-190 mil all things considered.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-01 09:52:33  
Liberator is also one of those "Final achievements" of a career Dark Knight.

I advocate obtaining one.

Edit: Pandemonium Warden pops are also really easy to make and kill.

When I have a stock of PW keys, I sell the pops for 5mil on Bismarck.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-01 10:11:41  
I speak against 210m.

8,000 * 30,000 = 240,000,000

will sell 30k alex for 210m lmk.

on topic: liberator sucks, make a koga if you don't already have one or make another koga on a mule if you do
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-08-01 10:23:59  
I speak against 210m.

oh please, don't buy Scoria, ZNMs are a joke easy, and a you can Duo/Trio PW with ease
 Lakshmi.Neboh
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-08-01 10:34:17  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I speak against 210m.

8,000 * 30,000 = 240,000,000

will sell 30k alex for 210m lmk.

on topic: liberator sucks, make a koga if you don't already have one or make another koga on a mule if you do
I wouldn't say Liberator sucks. It's not the best, but I'm happy with it being a career DRK. Why do people do mythics for their jobs? Do it because you love playing the job, not because others are telling you to.

EDIT: After I just finished 2nd mythic, alex dropped 2k in price on my server. Waaah!
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-01 10:44:52  
Don't be a bandwagon Koga samurai like everyone else.

I think Liberator is awesome but it was always eclipsed by Ragnarok, which is also awesome, and easier to make, and cheaper, and easier to use. Resolution is incredibly powerful. But Liberator seems like a cool weapon too. I'd use it in Yorcia delve if I had one, where even the megaboss is under a 3 minute fight, and you could start with 300 TP.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-01 10:51:24  
The bandwagon has arrived
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-08-01 10:56:34  
Yeah I'm not doing Koga or investing any time into Samurai. In Teken some people choose Eddie and others choose Jin, or in Soul Calibur some choose Mitsurugi and others Kilik.

I find the job too overpowered to feel like me, the player, is making any contribution towards its performance. I'm not one to play the Chun Li and Blanka jobs.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 10:59:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
Yeah I'm not doing Koga or investing any time into Samurai. In Teken some people choose Eddie and others choose Jin, or in Soul Calibur some choose Mitsurugi and others Kilik.

I find the job too overpowered to feel like me, the player, is making any contribution towards its performance. I'm not one to play the Chun Li and Blanka jobs.

Are Chun li and blanka overpowered? I always choosed Ryu.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-08-01 11:02:44  

Nope, but you have to actually know how to play to use Ryu effectively where as Chun and Blanka can do ok with just mashing the buttons together.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 11:04:31  
I only played Blanka as a child cause the eletricity move was all I was able to do lol just push one button repeatedly till your arm falls off.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-08-01 11:08:45  
I remember when Streetfigher II came out on the Super Nintendo. We were all fighting to borrow the game from my friend who at the time was the only one who could afford it. Lol.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 11:09:34  

Ah, those were the days!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-08-01 11:10:29  

Chun li is overpowered in 3rd strike, and Blanka idk,

YouTube Video Placeholder

@ 6:20 dude blows up blanka with Ken
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 11:12:18  
Inb4 seha pops to say:

"Videos broken".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 11:14:04  
Hey not my fault you guys fail at posting!!
By volkom 2014-08-01 11:16:21  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Hey not my fault you guys fail at posting!!

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-01 12:41:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
when you compare the damage between the 2 weapons there's no contest, choosing the best option and choosing the most popular option just happen to coincide in this case

particularly so because OP stated their desire to solo/play with mules, liberator won't even remotely compare to koga for multiboxing delve or anything difficult

i can get behind making a weapon because you love the job, but the thread asked about reasons to/not to do it and there's precious little argument in favor of making one besides completionism/drk obsession/whatever non-tangible reason you want to give
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:00:57  
when you compare the damage between the 2 weapons there's no contest, choosing the best option and choosing the most popular option just happen to coincide in this case

particularly so because OP stated their desire to solo/play with mules, liberator won't even remotely compare to koga for multiboxing delve or anything difficult

i can get behind making a weapon because you love the job, but the thread asked about reasons to/not to do it and there's precious little argument in favor of making one besides completionism/drk obsession/whatever non-tangible reason you want to give

Well said. But, I don't enjoy SAM. It is a bandwagon "the chosen one" job that SE just keeps pumping full of steroids and its one dimensional.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-08-01 13:07:15  
Liberator: Top tier weapon for DRK. Worth it? Depends what you're after. If DRK is the job you wanna play, then yes make it. If you're just looking for the best DD weapon in the game, then no. There are other weapons that will beat Liberator.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-08-01 14:47:25  
Shiva.Gib said: »
I speak against 210m.

oh please, don't buy Scoria, ZNMs are a joke easy, and a you can Duo/Trio PW with ease

I'm surprised you're not preaching how awesome Liberator is while I'm gone D:
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-01 16:15:37  
Blazed1979 said: »

Well said. But, I don't enjoy SAM. It is a bandwagon "the chosen one" job that SE just keeps pumping full of steroids and its one dimensional.

Now that's not true. Samurai still lags behind WAR, MNK, even DRK. I'm thinking Square-Enix should give the job one more buff. Maybe a job point category that's +1% WSD per point. Or another defensive JA. WAR just got an HP buff. Samurai needs something too.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 19:03:14  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

Now that's not true. Samurai still lags behind WAR, MNK, even DRK. I'm thinking Square-Enix should give the job one more buff. Maybe a job point category that's +1% WSD per point. Or another defensive JA. WAR just got an HP buff. Samurai needs something too.

Lets just give Samurai the Job Ability
"BIG *** DAMAGE"
"Creates the illusion one is not trying to over compensate for their lack of endowment in real life by instantly one shotting any foe."
Cool down - instant.
Attained Lv.99 Samurai.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-01 19:17:34  
Since Drk cant use Kogabandwagmaru go with Liberator.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-01 22:03:14  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Don't be a bandwagon Koga samurai like everyone else.

I think Liberator is awesome but it was always eclipsed by Ragnarok, which is also awesome, and easier to make, and cheaper, and easier to use. Resolution is incredibly powerful. But Liberator seems like a cool weapon too. I'd use it in Yorcia delve if I had one, where even the megaboss is under a 3 minute fight, and you could start with 300 TP.

I haven't rechecked since last WS update but Lib was more powerful then Rag prior but only if the player was really good at gearing / managing it. A big benefit of it was you could get insane Acc / STR from DSNV absorbs. This update reducing absorbs to 0.5s cast time is very important to making them useful again. Now SE needs to extend their duration and make it so they don't lose 1 point every 10s.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-01 23:19:16  
Quote:
making them useful again
I don't know about that.
[+]
First Page 2