Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Great Sword options
Great Sword options
By kithaofcerb 2014-08-05 11:51:45  
Hey folks,

I'm currently finishing stage 5 of my Apoc, but I know that Great Sword is where the damage is at. What great swords are actually great swords? (Sorry I had to do it)

Crobaci +2 seems good, but not having 242 skill seems like it would eventually lead to Acc problems. Same issue with Tung. Mes'yohi seems cool, but is there any real option that won't fall lightyears behind Ragnarok?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 11:56:35  
Keep in mind that Ragnarok already has +40 Acc at 119, ontop of it's 242 skill.

There really isn't going to be any Great Swords coming close to that without any augmentations done to it.

However, the Ukudyoni from Cailimh does have 242 skill, with a 480 weapon delay.

Edit: There should also be a delve 2 Great Sword that comes from a Tier 4 or 5 NM, that can be augmented with Airlixers through Mezzotinting.
By volkom 2014-08-05 12:00:23  
what about caladbolg :3 ?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 12:04:07  
Caladbolg would be an option, if I assumed Kitha was willing to drop 165mil+ on plates, and another 20mil+ on riftdross, and then obtain 300 riftborn boulders.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 12:07:14  
I haven't broken out my Dark Knight on anything since SoA dropped really, so I appologize if I'm wrong, but, is the lack of 242 skill on Tunglmyrkvi going to hurt you that much? It's got a hell of a base damage and +attack to boot.

I use it on warrior in D-VD BCNMs and while I am superbuffed when I do them, my accuracy problems are generally limited to the mob's own super buffs at times (Tezen two-houring, etc.)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 12:08:02  
As much as I want Caladbolg to be great (and to be warrior-equipable for that matter) just because I've got an attachment to the thing, is it really even equal to, let alone better than, Ragnarok?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-05 12:08:09  
What are you using it for? If you aren't benefiting from the accuracy, a crit/OAT Kaquljaan would be good. Crobaci +2 would be great too on Delve 1. For Yorcia, though, Ragnarok is going to be way ahead because of all the accuracy.

Kbiroj is the Delve 2 great sword. I don't know that anyone has posted the exact augments. I've seen a JP with the dex/acc path at rank 15 but it seems like more people use Crobaci instead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 12:10:22  
Crit/OAT Kaquljaan has become my favorite on fodder content too, for that matter. On RUN, but still.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 12:12:54  
Crobaci +2 does indeed get some impressive augments on it.

In accuracy capped situations, a good torcleaver build is going to rip Ragnarok and Resolution apart. Otherwise, one would be use Ragnarok and Scourge/Torcleaver for doubling up on skillchain damage in low DD requiring high damage output to make up the lack of zerg numbers.

Crobaci getting up to WS Damage+10% is beastly, and is only marginally lower in skill/accuracy than a 119 Caladbolg.

Considering it can also receive an accuracy boost as part of it's augment, it's worth using in most 119 or lower content.

As Safiiyah also pointed out, the Kaquuljan with OaT and crit will be more than sufficient as well, on top of it's native Triple Attack +2% tied to the weapon.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 12:15:02  
Personally, I'd love to have the Caladbolg be RUN equipable.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 12:21:34  
No, not all 119 weapons have 242 skill.

Oatixurs are a 119 weapon with 228 skill or so.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 12:38:46  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Weird. I started just looking at the Ilvl of weapons to know their melee skill lvl long ago /sigh dumb for a weapon like a great sword to have the same penalty as a h2h which clearly calculates damage completely differently

Even Tunglmyrkvi only has +228 and it's 119, as opposed to the Mes'Yohi Sword which has 242 skill, but considerably lower base damage.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-05 12:42:03  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Weird. I started just looking at the Ilvl of weapons to know their melee skill lvl long ago /sigh dumb for a weapon like a great sword to have the same penalty as a h2h which clearly calculates damage completely differently

Even Tunglmyrkvi only has +228 and it's 119, as opposed to the Mes'Yohi Sword which has 242 skill, but considerably lower base damage.
Mes'Yohi is also a 444 delay weapon, where as Tunglmyrkvi is a 489.
By Zaeeth 2014-08-05 12:56:47  
It very much depends on what you're doing with your GS and the job you have it on.

For DRK, on most things I use my Crobaci +2 (+23 Dmg, +7 Att, +2 STP) making it a 268 base, which I love. The lack of it being 242 does hurt in high accuracy settings.

In high accuracy settings I'll switch to my Kbiroj which I have on the DEX/Acc path. Kbiroj is a good GS, but the base is only 247 at cap.

While I don't have Caladbolg I agree with Bloodrose on the merits of Torcleaver and I would love my RUN to have access to that WS.

For RUN, I like my Aettir and before that my Kaquljaan. I haven't gotten to mess with RUN much recently so I'm still trying to decide on the Kaquljaan augments for it based on my play style.

I don't really play WAR as I prefer DRK over it so I really can't give you a decent opinion on that set up.

I've started Ragnarok but it will be a bit before I finish it.
By kithaofcerb 2014-08-07 18:16:17  
Zaeeth said: »
It very much depends on what you're doing with your GS and the job you have it on.

Talking about DRK exclusively.

My general understanding here is that 119 great swords with 228 skill are fine for delve 1, but you pretty much need R/E for delve 2 and other stuff above 119 content. Am I correct?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-07 18:34:12  
You can adjust your other gear (and perhaps buffs) around to make it work. You'll just end up losing out on some multi-hit and maybe store TP.