日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Leve
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-08-09 12:43:44  
Currently level 32 GS. I love crafting and especially GS.
Problem is mythril beastcoins skyrocketed and haven't leveled out which was to be my main skillup synth.

I feel like I can make more money just farming, so my question is:
If I continue to invest gils into GS, are there ways of making good profit at higher levels still for a clever crafter?
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-09 12:48:08  
Your attempting goldsmithing and complaining about the price of mythril beastcoins. . .

Dude you are in the wrong damn line of work.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-08-12 02:33:19  
All guilds have profits in them...you just need to find out what sells.
As for Goldsmithing, its one of or the most expensive guilds to take up.
If you really want to craft to make a profit you will need to get your hands dirty and farm to skill up and open your ability to craft more things.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-12 02:45:32  
Etrayis said:
Your attempting goldsmithing and complaining about the price of mythril beastcoins. . .

Pandemonium.Nerevar
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Nerevar 2009-08-12 03:58:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Enternius said:
Etrayis said:

Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-08-12 04:03:14  
Nerevar said:
Enternius said:
Etrayis said:

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-12 04:22:20  
lol at quote train, but yeah they are correct.
i thought about GS as well a few years ago when it was possible to make money without having a 100 craft.
i wish i had my money back alone from taking it to 69 from 60. i didn't lose as much as you'd think, but i still lost.
people actually bought plat earring/rings if you bazaar in the GS guild. was not worth it, though.
......still i would not recommend leveling GS unless you sell a KC. even then, that prolly won't get you all the way to 100. GS is a nice craft to have at 60, but beyond that prepare for the pain.
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-08-12 07:01:01  
Tallulah, your Avi is win.

Makes me laugh everytime i see it xD
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 07:04:25  
Akajoyroth said:
All guilds have profits in them...you just need to find out what sells.
As for Goldsmithing, its one of or the most expensive guilds to take up.
If you really want to craft to make a profit you will need to get your hands dirty and farm to skill up and open your ability to craft more things.

Why do people always make this assumption... 95% the amount you "save" by farming synth materials is less than if youd gone to a good farming place... assuming you have a 75. Now if theres none on ah and none from npc sure...
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-12 07:12:10  
I agree with Dasva. I typically only farm mats if there are none on AH, or if the AH price has jumped.

I took GS to... 21 I believe. Spent 130k on it.

Decided to level woodworking for now instead (was already 29 WW).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 07:14:10  
Oh yeah and about kclub price to lvl GS... I got mine to 94 back in the day of insane prices... like where the cheapest way at the end was to synth muscle belts with gold ingots at like 70k each ingot and npcing for some lame amount... yeah still think I only ended up spending 20ish mil to get there before giving up lol. Then again I made good cash on elemental beads back then
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-12 07:18:16  
Bshizzle said:
Currently level 32 GS. I love crafting and especially GS.
Problem is mythril beastcoins skyrocketed and haven't leveled out which was to be my main skillup synth.

I feel like I can make more money just farming, so my question is:
If I continue to invest gils into GS, are there ways of making good profit at higher levels still for a clever crafter?

One reason I leveled GS at all was because I already had a mule full of zinc ore and beastcoins (regular, silver, and a couple mythril). If you're leveling THF or /THF, fight gobbies that drop mythril beastcoins. This way you're leveling up and getting synth ingredients. Also, most of those mobs drop beastcoins so you'll have a good chance of getting some.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 07:21:40  
Yeah and back in the day they GS ingots were worth so much that stealing gold/mythril beastcoins was really good money but with limited space you could farm so much better if you could synth on the spot.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-12 08:29:23  
Dasva said:
Yeah and back in the day they GS ingots were worth so much that stealing gold/mythril beastcoins was really good money but with limited space you could farm so much better if you could synth on the spot.

I remember I was around the platinum ingot level a few years ago when prices were wicked high. I'd say I crafted about 5-6mil worth of plat ingots, and then I didn't play for like 3 months. I came back and those ingots were worth 17-18m.
Gogo inflation!
Problem is that items like SH were 6m. So it was like having 500k today.

If you are around the mythril ingot level I'd suggest killing golems in Fei'Yin. Drop rate on that ore is pretty high if I recall. If you need to save gil that could help. Coins are more readily avaliable, however.
With most skill synths you are just going to have to accept a certain degree of gil being lost. This is especially true with gold.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 08:31:01  
Oh yeah god I remember when SH was 12 mil and the Vclaw was 14 lol. Only way to get one pretty much was to farm the items and find a crafter lol. And gl even finding an HQ ever
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-08-12 17:56:37  
well...I guess farming materials might not be as profitable for some guilds.
But I am a cook...I save a huge amount of gil if I gather the materials my self (via region merchant or farming)and sell them on the AH. I guess what I was trying to say is was don't expect a guild to pan out a lot of free gil with little work.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 18:02:41  
Well ones with high demand consumables can be somewhat better... at least you can profit on NQs. Though some of the decent endgame gear has sorta become consumable thanks to FOV lol. And yeah no matter your craft Always check npc prices
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-08-12 21:04:07  
I just wonder if I could really make back enough gil from goldsmithing to get back what I put in and make it worth it beyond that for my time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-12 21:06:43  
Sure once you get high enough and start HQing stuff that sells for lots..