Server Merge Maybe????

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Server Merge Maybe????
Server Merge Maybe????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Bricent
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Bricent 2014-09-01 04:39:05  
I have noticed recently the the amount of ppl on the server is declining at a steady rate. Has anyone heard if they plan to do server merges again?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-09-01 05:10:05  
No, no, no! A few servers are big still.

Ashura, Has some elutes but the server all people return to and a mass amount of noobs.

Odin. Big server but full of linkshells who mercanary and sell gil or rem orders.

Rag, big jp and us pop. Dont come to ourcserver we dont I want homeless trash or crybabies who want our stable playerbase to carry yiu.

Fernier. Strange server, seen many people return to the game shout hours for a linkshell to get back in the grove. Days later still no shell for them. Very hostle unfriendly server.

Bismark. Active to a point and fairly stable. Many small tight community of frinds ls.

Siren. Ls group events or gtfo our server. We do t reply orcwant shout groups for almost anything.

Valfer. Another friendly server. Has the biggest ls I ever seen. Moztly socail, so big though sometimes it exceeds its limit hence a second pearl needed.

I ayed on others as well, but they are so small and no community, as well as the biggezt server crybabies of ffxi, they are not worth mentioning. I rather they just vanish those servers thdn merge them.
By Presidentmerman 2014-09-01 05:32:32  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

Ashura, Has some elutes but the server all people return to and a mass amount of noobs.

Odin. Big server but full of linkshells who mercanary and sell gil or rem orders.

Rag, big jp and us pop. Dont come to ourcserver we dont I want homeless trash or crybabies who want our stable playerbase to carry yiu.

Fernier. Strange server, seen many people return to the game shout hours for a linkshell to get back in the grove. Days later still no shell for them. Very hostle unfriendly server.

Bismark. Active to a point and fairly stable. Many small tight community of frinds ls.

Siren. Ls group events or gtfo our server. We do t reply orcwant shout groups for almost anything.

Valfer. Another friendly server. Has the biggest ls I ever seen. Moztly socail, so big though sometimes it exceeds its limit hence a second pearl needed.

I ayed on others as well, but they are so small and no community, as well as the biggezt server crybabies of ffxi, they are not worth mentioning. I rather they just vanish those servers thdn merge them.
Man this kid is still around with his utter non sense? Don't mind what he says he's completely oblivious to anything that makes sense or is rational. Just sayin.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
サーバ: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-01 05:43:54  
Ashura, Fernier, Valfer - never heard of these servers before, did SE add them recently?
[+]
 Fenrir.Bricent
By Fenrir.Bricent 2014-09-01 06:20:01  
I all can say to this post is lol :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-09-01 06:26:07  
I would not be able to be in a ls with that guy. His spelling would make me go bananas.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-01 06:44:32  
Good god wtf was I reading I think some of my sperm even died from that
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-01 06:48:08  
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-09-01 06:53:23  
Hopefully not, there are plenty enough people on any server to find someone to do something with. If ya can't find someone to do something with even out of 500 peoples there's something wrong.
By Voren 2014-09-01 07:03:45  
500 people logged on means nothing when 300+ are afk standing in jeuno or west adoulin bazaaring items.

Still, I don't see a need for a server merge just yet. Maybe in a year or so, give it time for more people to get tired of 14 and come back.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-09-01 07:06:43  
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Hopefully not, there are plenty enough people on any server to find someone to do something with. If ya can't find someone to do something with even out of 500 peoples there's something wrong.

500 people, at least 200 are mules/afk bazaars, then you have another 100-150 people already doing things, another 50-100 in zones where they can't see shouts and the rest with a group of friends they already do stuff with and don't participate in pick ups. I'd say a merge really isn't that bad of an idea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2014-09-01 08:11:30  

And I thought my typing sucked. Good god this made my eyes bleed.

And I see both sides but not sure I am ready for a merge just yet...... But I don't know if I would fight one atm either.
[+]
By Brolli 2014-09-01 08:32:40  
Wow how ignorant you are.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-09-01 08:34:45  

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-01 08:36:06  
i'm fully in favor of a merge

just as soon as they upgrade the hardware to be able to handle the amount of people

in terms of gameplay there's no denying that we could use more people to group with, it's idiotic to say otherwise.. but with the packet loss in every instanced area, limit of 3 copies for mission rematch battlefields, etc.. it'd likely create as many problems as it solves
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-01 08:45:35  
I think the op started this thread just to see how long it would go.

not like there is much of an issue, we all have our 'groups'. you dont need 18 people to do anything, except maybe dm2 if you are doing harder modes.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-01 08:46:37  
I would be in favor of a merge if I hadn't quit. In my honest opinion people should just get the *** over it and understand that the servers will eventually merge or their game will die a whole lot faster. This game is beyond the point of no return, there is no way in hell that it will rebound at this point. The fact is that SE tried desperately to keep FFXI going with these campaigns, but it's no longer working since most of the awards from them are trash. No exp rings for lvl 1 players being a reasonable price, but oh hey let's just give the lvl 99's an exp ring.

You're a fool if you don't think a merge should happen. The game is continuously losing subscriptions, and it lacks the advertising that any other MMO has in the regions outside of Japan to hook new players. I've never even seen an ffxi commercial back in like 2004-2005, or hell even 2002. Not only that, but a lot of the issues with the playerbase are not being resolved, and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

These factors alone contribute to a great majority of FFXI's decline, along with the toxic playerbase on many of those "Large servers"

Ragnarok has been one of the most atrocious example based solely on the fact that many players there cannot compromise and see something that could benefit them. This being members, some linkshells I have seen are demanding RME BRD's from a player who is obviously geared or theri playstyle shifts towards DD, and they magically expect them to fork over the time and effort to make the harp and horn just to join an LS that they'll have next to no say in, probably won't be able to lot items for a while because of "Hurr durr seniority" despite having made them to join the LS. So I think one of the main contributors to the game's steady fall is the community.

Don't believe me? PM me and I'll have you huge list of my findings.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-01 08:55:41  
Siren.Sieha said: »
I think the op started this thread just to see how long it would go.

not like there is much of an issue, we all have our 'groups'. you dont need 18 people to do anything, except maybe dm2 if you are doing harder modes.
clearly everyone doesn't already have their groups or this wouldn't be an issue

and vd dm is easy with 9, could probably be done with 6
By Brolli 2014-09-01 08:56:02  
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
I would be in favor of a merge if I hadn't quit. In my honest opinion people should just get the *** over it and understand that the servers will eventually merge or their game will die a whole lot faster. This game is beyond the point of no return, there is no way in hell that it will rebound at this point. The fact is that SE tried desperately to keep FFXI going with these campaigns, but it's no longer working since most of the awards from them are trash. No exp rings for lvl 1 players being a reasonable price, but oh hey let's just give the lvl 99's an exp ring.

You're a fool if you don't think a merge should happen. The game is continuously losing subscriptions, and it lacks the advertising that any other MMO has in the regions outside of Japan to hook new players. I've never even seen an ffxi commercial back in like 2004-2005, or hell even 2002. Not only that, but a lot of the issues with the playerbase are not being resolved, and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

These factors alone contribute to a great majority of FFXI's decline, along with the toxic playerbase on many of those "Large servers"

Ragnarok has been one of the most atrocious example based solely on the fact that many players there cannot compromise and see something that could benefit them. This being members, some linkshells I have seen are demanding RME BRD's from a player who is obviously geared or theri playstyle shifts towards DD, and they magically expect them to fork over the time and effort to make the harp and horn just to join an LS that they'll have next to no say in, probably won't be able to lot items for a while because of "Hurr durr seniority" despite having made them to join the LS. So I think one of the main contributors to the game's steady fall is the community.

They need to merge few servers tho. Some are unplayable because the extreme low population, it's almost impossible to do endgame unless you want to shout for hours to get a brd or pld. Linkshells doesn't just works. Lots of people have different play times and most doesn't even have the player capacity to run events, if the game continues like this... They will just have to consolidate everything into 5 or 3 servers.

Can hold up to 6000 players per server like it used to be @2006.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-01 09:00:00  
Brolli said: »

They need to merge few servers tho. Some are unplayable because the extreme low population, it's almost impossible to do endgame unless you want to shout for hours to get a brd or pld, if the game continues like this... They will just have to consolidate everything into 5 or 3 servers.

Can hold up to 6000 players per server like it used to be @2006.

Personally with how low I've seen Valefor, it needs a server merge super bad. I tried hopping to there to play with a friend, literally 1 shout per hour.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-01 09:02:28  
servers can't hold 6000 players, look how much trouble they have as is

don't know what factors exactly are increasing load, but automatic gear swaps double your outgoing traffic during combat vs no gear swaps, and they've become the standard.. capped haste means that many more damage calculations, again has become the standard..

the dropped packet issue is no longer isolated to instanced areas, the new bcs having 3 instances isn't caused by server load but it's not an easy fix for them apparently(new devs probably don't know the code behind it and are scared to touch it)

even doubling the population at current would reduce server quality and there's no denying that
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 09:04:35  

What's so bad about Ragnarok? And what's so terrible about looking for a BRD(or mage) in LS? I look for BRD WHM mage for LS 24/7 cuz I have a LS full of DD that couldn't get ***done without mages.

I don't think that's relevant to population decline, I think population declined because of shitty/easy/irrelevant short term goals killing the game.

That being said, I wish SE could have explain WHY they wouldn't server merge.
By Brolli 2014-09-01 09:12:03  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
servers can't hold 6000 players, look how much trouble they have as is

don't know what factors exactly are increasing load, but automatic gear swaps double your outgoing traffic during combat vs no gear swaps, and they've become the standard.. capped haste means that many more damage calculations, again has become the standard..

the dropped packet issue is no longer isolated to instanced areas, the new bcs having 3 instances isn't caused by server load but it's not an easy fix for them apparently(new devs probably don't know the code behind it and are scared to touch it)

even doubling the population at current would reduce server quality and there's no denying that
Most servers used to have over 5k players online back on 2005-2006. It was doing very well, The only issue was that there was too much people logged at the same zone for example *Aht Urhgan town)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-01 09:17:38  
i played back then as well and i know the servers were fine, but things have changed

packet loss is frequent in any adoulin area, any instanced area, any area with 12+ people fighting.. this causes problems such as tp moves not readying before they go off, tp moves going off with no visual or chat indication, player spells having no indication of finishing and no recast time.. this frequently happens right now, they need to address their hardware or software problems before they consider doubling the server population

the new bcs only have 3 arenas each, as is you can often wait 20-30 min to enter an ark angel during JP time.. doubling the population is inevitably going to make that worse..

the bottom line is that there are major downsides to doing a merge without addressing these problems first
[+]
 Ragnarok.Dragish
By Ragnarok.Dragish 2014-09-01 09:28:54  
I don't think SE will merge us.. It seems they lowered the World Transfer Service so we could merge ourselves.. SE makes more money this way!
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-01 09:29:40  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

What's so bad about Ragnarok? And what's so terrible about looking for a BRD(or mage) in LS? I look for BRD WHM mage for LS 24/7 cuz I have a LS full of DD that couldn't get ***done without mages.

I don't think that's relevant to population decline, I think population declined because of shitty/easy/irrelevant short term goals killing the game.

That being said, I wish SE could have explain WHY they wouldn't server merge.

Check your PM's and you'll understand what I'm saying.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-09-01 09:38:37  
Voren said: »
500 people logged on means nothing when 300+ are afk standing in jeuno or west adoulin bazaaring items.

Still, I don't see a need for a server merge just yet. Maybe in a year or so, give it time for more people to get tired of 14 and come back.

So can't find someone to do something with out of 200 people then? Gotcha!
 Fenrir.Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-09-01 09:47:58  
Brolli said: »
Wow how ignorant you are.

Nowhere near as much as you with your intellectual response to the topic. My response was pretty logical and rational and you found this offensive? It is not my fault people have issues finding people to do stuff with out of 200-1000 people.

Like the near once a month free login campaign going on in 14?

I've never seen a commercial on television for 11 or 14 in Indiana, ever. But there have been plenty made, including one created for the August version update we just had.

The community on Fenrir is pretty excellent imo. Very unlike the horrid community that is semi-flourishing in 14 right now.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-01 09:57:13  
Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
I would not be able to be in a ls with that guy. His spelling would make me go bananas.
How does spelling even matter in any MMO when words such as "derp" exsist?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 10:04:05  
and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

So much stupidity and ignorance.

A lot of the JP playerbase still plays on the PS2, and cannot afford a computer (prices are different over there, yo. (not to mention apartment size).

Not to mention that them playing on the PS2 does not harm anyone else at all, but you're too ignorant to see that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7