Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 110 111 112
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-30 19:34:34  
Soy ramen: Highest atk cap as far as I'm aware (10% boost, 170 cap) and stackable, though rarely on AH since noone buys it, lol
Pork cutlet bowl: Has +4 STP on it so can give some flexibility in gear choices. Atk is 23%/125 cap
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-01 17:43:58  
I was taking a pass through my lua today, and noticed I hadn't updated my Shattersoul set in a bit. So I pulled it up as a reminder of it's exact mods, and I noticed that I originally geared it as an FTP transfer across all hits WS, which it doesn't look like it is (Fotia, high OAT).

That being said, I am not sure the concept is wrong. The low FTP of 1.375 makes WSD weak, and even extra FTP hits of 1 are decent increases. A 4 hitter would be a ~30% increase still (assuming the extra hit are 1.0 and still gain mods which I think is accurate but not positive) with a DA going off.

I think I am going to toss Path a A on my Carmine+1 Pants for the INT and use other than Sulevia's +2. Possibly considering some other changes as well, but I am really not sure. This seems to be pretty tough to gear.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-05 09:11:11  
So 2 days after I try and get a discussion going on ShatterSoul sets, SE releases a Staff that I believe may make Retribution the stronger Staff WS. Good thing no one bothered replying, lol.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-08-06 21:30:43  
About to show my ignorance to the job but how do I determine if I have the Empathy Spirit Link JA Haste active? I am 5/5 Empathy so my Wyvern should level up 5 times in the first Spirit Link giving me 10% JA Haste but I do not see an icon for it.

Any insight on why I am misinterpreting this?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-06 22:03:06  
There is no icon for the buff. If you are 5/5 Empathy, Spirit Linked, and your Wyvern is out, you have it. You can look at your Equipment screen or /checkparam to see the higher att and def. And remember to do it first thing when you get a Level Cap status, like when you pop an Escha NM.
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
サーバ: Asura
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-08-08 08:38:32  
Anyone working on updating the first page? Lots of good stuff there, the sets just need updated.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-08-08 14:09:07  
I had an exalted staff +1 made for the heck of it. I actually got very lucky and it HQed on the first try. The merit WS is pretty meh, but Retribution with all that WSDMG was hitting Apex Bats for an Average of 12-13k. That average may include DA/TA/QA however. I only weaponskilled when attack down was erased, also I did not angon.

Buffs were Trust- Geo Fury/Frailty/Chaos Roll/Hasso

This was without a WSDMG Mantle or +2/+3 AF Legs.

I think this set would be ideal.

ItemSet 352726

Basically you can hit 41% WSDMG, Factor in Utu Grip as well and it suddenly changes things for Retribution. You can probably get more WSDMG with proper valor augments. Honestly though I've had no luck.

I know 399 delay is kind of gross, but DRG still has the options to 6 hit it with great accuracy, a 5 hit is possible but you may sacrifice too much multi attack.

Regarding self SC the best you might be able to do is:
RETRIBUTION > SHATTERSOUL (INDURATION) > RETRIBUTION (FRAGMENTATION)

If anything it's a nice option for bones, or any other type of monster that resists piercing.

IIRC the only DD staves DRG could use before this update was from Incursion/Reisenjima HELM NMs.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-08-08 18:24:40  
Asura.Valguard said: »
Anyone working on updating the first page? Lots of good stuff there, the sets just need updated.

Spicy just made a new Dragoon guide on bgwiki
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 20:24:58  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »

I like the page design. But sorry to say that spicy is one of the last people I'd take drg advice from.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-08 20:41:04  
It's an excellent guide with tons of information in it, and updated equipment sets. Even if an advanced player may disagree with a comment here, or an equipment piece there - that doesn't decrease the value of the guide.

And Skarwind - I am jealous. I have the +1 Staff but can't use it cause it breaks my lua - Windower hasn't updated itself yet with the new items. I have the AF+3 pants, and a STR/WSD back for Camlanns and Sonic Thrust - really looking forward to seeing what kind of damage it pulls.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-08-08 20:43:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »

I like the page design. But sorry to say that spicy is one of the last people I'd take drg advice from.
It's an open guide, therefore you can change and add more relevant information to help the player base and, well, contribute.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-08-08 21:25:08  
That was a good read. A lot of effort had to have gone into all those sets. Also, The spreadsheet time alone... Especially on acc sets. Comparing acc gain to dps loss is a huge pain in the ***. Good set references.

Good listing of effective multi-step SCs.

And hey, I'm listed in the contributors section. cool.

A thought. On this bit about jump TP gear.

""Jump: TP Bonus" equipment only affects Jump and High Jump."

I think it's worth noting for this section that only the first hit of a multi-hit jump benefits from jump TP bonus gear.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 21:30:36  
Windower team pushed the resources file live. I dc'd about an hour ago and it updated the resources files.

(and you could've just gone to the windower github and manually did it yourself like 2 days ago.)
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-09 18:45:43  
Just took my Exalted Staff+1 out for a spin with Kparse, really curious to see what kind of Retributions it pulls. It's a nice upgrade from the Nilgal Pole I had been using which tbh has served me pretty well when it was needed. I will still glam it!

Test 1: Reisenjima Pixies (where Heavenly Veela pops) trust team and I use Yoran so no Sylvie. DiaIII from King of Hearts, Chaos Roll, Red Curry. Assumption pdif well under cap even with the Retribution Multiplier. Varying TPs got caught with amnesia a few times, although generally tried to go at 1k

39 Total
8.405/21,107 11,795 AVG

Test 2: 2 Belphegor kills with a Frailty/Haste GEO friend, rest trusts. Ret>Shat>Ret Overall DPS was 2,600 not including sc and he dropped like a ton of bricks. This might be the fastest stone farming possible. NM lv 129 and some support, so I feel like this mimics situation where a DRG would actually staff against something that matters (as much as T1 Reisen NMs matter)

12 Total
11,407/25,390 14,920

6 ShatterSouls
9,773/19,791 14,666

I generally used ShatterSoul as my Staff Spam WS in the past, so I don't even have much of a memory of Retributions for a basis of comparisons. And we already knew a DRG with viable Staff was a good DD against weak to blunt...so I am not sure if I learned anything here. But it was fun...
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-09 21:04:35  
i have to disagree with the Group 1 merits for drg, while i did have jump/high jump merited i found myself often getting screwed by wyvren dieing or myself dieing from some tp move and figured the best reason to be drg in the first place is survival abilities from wyrven and super jump so i absolutely recomend max super jump and spirit link, keeping yourself/wyvren alive will make for much better overal dmg than slightly faster jump/high jump.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-08-10 10:32:24  
Or just carry some Dawn Mulsum? Not that I do, and I can't even recall that last time I had issues keeping my wyvern alive. But I will admit that I've been PLD or RUN more often that DRG the last few months.

Has recent content been particularly hard on the wyvern? Only things I can think of that might be would be Dancing Fullers or Zero Hour.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-10 10:59:57  
I have spent a ton of time on Omen bosses on my DRG. Some other high aoe stuff like sole dd on a maja farm as well. Lady dying is a non issue. Aggressive spirit link usage with its base timer and a nice Steady Wing set combined with its proper usage is more than enough.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-10 12:17:27  
several omen bosses do curse often, that's a lot of hp off right after a spirit link and some like to get spammy with various moderate dmg AOE which can add up quick, it does not happen all the time, but it happend enough to make it worth it for me, if not spirit link then I would say at least super jump max.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-08-10 13:51:18  
We're talking 30 seconds shaved off a 3 minute recast. It's not pushing super jump into being significantly more useful. It's still only good for predictable once, maybe twice a fight attacks. And all the omen bosses use their unique stuff like 4 times.

While I understand that's jumps aren't as significant a DPS source as they used to be, They are still always useful. Especially if you use an AM3 dependent wep. Super jump is more situational, and you take a small DPS hit just using it(depending what your dodging that may be well worth it, amnesia, etc.)

Personally, I'll stick with my jump/high jump merits.

As a related gripe.... Why the hell did we never get a second tier super jump? Jump, then Spirit jump. High jump, then soul jump. Super jump.. then nothing. Where's jump number 6 SE!?
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-10 14:07:10  
I can get on board with that, spirit jump damage + super jump invulnerability 5 min cool down?
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-10 14:14:53  
I have to admit I have not been on DRG in a long time, but the only thing that is an impediment to keeping the rat out is getting killed and needing to wait the 15-20 min on timer to recast. DRG needs its own version of Deus Ex Automata or Summon Wyvern needs to not have so ridiculous a recast time (and this is as someone who remembers popping Summon Wyvern outside of town to log out for the night so I could XP the following day).
[+]
 Shiva.Funf
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2017-08-18 15:10:38  
could someone please post their jump sets? curious if any of the +3 reforge is worth getting
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-18 15:19:05  
I jump in my TP set. Given it's a 5 hit, with Max OAT, a DA on jump is a gauranteed WS if DA procs (the 4 hits worth of tp needed, same with Soul Jump except more overflow). There is a great consistency and smoothness in gameplay in that. Any change to the set actually decreases the chances that happens.

There is a DRG guide, a really nice one by Spicey on BG. He includes the Peltast's feet in a Spirit Jump set due to the TP bonus. So that is an option as well. But I'd rather have my DA from valorous feet for a higher likelyhood of the Double Attack, than the comparative overflow the 70TP versus 5STP provides.

You will want the +3 pants for the 1 hit weaponskills.
 Shiva.Cahota
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-08-26 16:13:05  
so decided to make make trishula for the heck of it, give me a reason to get JP's on drg, whats ideal tp / ws sets now days, its been years! ty in advance. may as well start putting gear together now.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-08-27 07:15:29  
Shiva.Cahota said: »
so decided to make make trishula for the heck of it, give me a reason to get JP's on drg, whats ideal tp / ws sets now days, its been years! ty in advance. may as well start putting gear together now.

Try to follow this great Guide and you will be set:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-03 17:04:19  
ty for the link, now more curious as how much STP will need maintain a good 4 hit? idk whats even possible for drg now days, once i get trishula made maybe tonight, gonna be itching to start CP, think once i get cape made from ambu / trish will be at 68 STP w/o /sam, ty ty.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-09-03 17:12:00  
/sam 4 hit is not hard, w/o trying i had 4 hit with the JSE polearm, should be just as easy with trishula.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-03 17:28:38  
The amount of STP you need will be dependent on how much STP is in your WS set - you need to do the math.

4 hit means WS + 3 hits to next WS. It is possible but will take a lot. I think you might be confusing it with a 5 hit.
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-03 17:31:38  
yea im aware, was just looking for a rough estimate, DRG @0 JP's now so just waiting til wep done to do it all, just like have the gear part rdy ahead of time.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-03 17:44:59  
I have Camlanns, Geirskogul, and Sonic Thrust all tailored to return 200 TP Even. So I need 47 (32 from gear) for a 5 hit and 95 (80 from gear) for a 4hit.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 110 111 112