Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 22:40:34  
Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Not entirely, while our presence there is evident, it is necessary.
Yes, we have an obvious presence there. Why is it necessary again?
As to the bold: if the civilians weren't harboring and breeding terrorists then they wouldn't be targeted, so yes killing journalists is worse.

Regarding harboring: living in the same city/town/street/building is considering as harboring? That is somewhat dubious. That is assuming that information on targets is accurate/reliable, which it rarely is. And that doesn't even cover mistargeting.

Regarding breeding: Seriously, WTF? It isn't a kennel club.
That's some Nausi dinosaur truck grenadier-grade stupid.
I guess if you don't understand why it's necessary then this conversation is moot.

Not at all, their society creates them and harbors them, they're just as guilty.

Casualties happen in war, you're not going to see me cry over it.

Just in case anyone else is trying to figure out Jetackuu's way of thinking, here's a summary:
Death penalty for child murderers: No! Killing is bad!
Death penalty for foreign terrorists and civilians who live where the terrorists live: Yes! Casualties in war are okay!
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 22:41:59  
What this problem needs is more sunshine and rainbows!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 22:44:08  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Heroin?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 22:45:52  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Just in case anyone else is trying to figure out Jetackuu's way of thinking, here's a summary:
Death penalty for foreign terrorists and civilians who live where the terrorists live: Yes! Casualties in war are okay!
There's nothing civilized about war, and they brought it upon themselves, also it's not a death penalty when they're active combatants in a war zone, and casualties in a war zone.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 22:48:31  
There's no immediate conflict between those two views when you take into account the differences in necessity in each respective scenario.

Edit: Although I would differ with respect to civilian casualties. Not that they can't necessarily always be prevented but I wouldn't write them off as easily as I would a known terrorist.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 22:51:25  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Heroin?
Need some Super Heroin.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 22:56:27  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's no immediate conflict between those two views when you take into account the differences in necessity in each respective scenario.

Edit: Although I would differ with respect to civilian casualties. Not that they can't necessarily always be prevented but I wouldn't write them off as easily as I would a known terrorist.

Maybe, but you're a little easier to figure out than Jet. Typically I just try to picture the most PC way of thinking imaginable, and that about covers most of it.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 23:05:11  
I'll take the cheap jab as an acknowledgement that you agree but still want to appear contrary. Whatever.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-19 02:53:44  
So if we kill civillians, meh.
If they kill civillians, kill them all?

That doesn't seem just a bit wrong to you? Let alone declaring war on a concept or a group of people? Let alone using military operations for what is essentially a criminal problem?

Yes, there are some significant differences between how the US operates, and how ISIS operates.

I'm not in any way condoning what ISIS has done, or will do. But this mentality of "just kill those evil ***" is pretty ISIS-like. Let alone the simple fact that we (the western world) are at least some part responsible for this group's existence, let alone its popularity and ease of finding recruits.
I don't participate in being a terrorist apologist.

I don't have a problem with declaring war on scum. It doesn't bother me. However I've stated before that I don't think wiping the entire area out is the thing to do (or I'd say we just nuke the place, which to be frank has been a stance by some and even by myself before), but you cannot stop these people unless you crush them, or kill them. They will continue to do what they do until the end of time otherwise.
That's pretty much their viewpoint as well. And if you don't see the problem arising from the fact that this ideal is shared...
Well, extremism takes many forms.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 05:58:53  

That doesn't seem just a bit wrong to you? Let alone declaring war on a concept or a group of people? Let alone using military operations for what is essentially a criminal problem?

Yes, there are some significant differences between how the US operates, and how ISIS operates.

I'm not in any way condoning what ISIS has done, or will do. But this mentality of "just kill those evil ***" is pretty ISIS-like. Let alone the simple fact that we (the western world) are at least some part responsible for this group's existence, let alone its popularity and ease of finding recruits.

I don't have a problem with declaring war on scum. It doesn't bother me. However I've stated before that I don't think wiping the entire area out is the thing to do (or I'd say we just nuke the place, which to be frank has been a stance by some and even by myself before), but you cannot stop these people unless you crush them, or kill them. They will continue to do what they do until the end of time otherwise.
That's pretty much their viewpoint as well. And if you don't see the problem arising from the fact that this ideal is shared...

That is pretty much the problem and reality of the situation.
People in the west and in the middle east oversimplifying things because they're too lazy, uninvolved,following media organizations with agendas while lacking enough background knowledge to be able to make an informed decision.

Both sides. In the west its "bomb them all" "Islam is to blame" and with ISIS its "They're crusaders" "they're after our oil" "they're want to destroy islam".

I said it before, people like Jekt and many others do more for converting normal mundane people into radicals than the best ISIS propaganda.

The difference between radicalized people in Iraq and people like Jekt is that the people in Iraq have been persecuted, bombed, lived through wars... and honestly, ask yourself "how many family members and how much ***has the average ISIS recruit seen to make him/her become so radicalized".

And then ask the same question of an average American or European who is calling for the destruction of the region and spews anti-Islam hate.

The US was not invaded by Arab/Islamic Armies.
The US came to the Middle East first, like it did to every part of the world, and meddled in others' politics.

ISIS is the US's *** child and they should deal with it while leaving the rest of the world out of their hate speach and not causing a third world war.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 07:36:03  
To clarify, I don't think Islam is to blame for IS. I think they're a bunch of psychotic, power-hungry, blood-thirst, weak-willed men following leaders of the same mindset who give them an excuse to be terrible people by justifying it with religion and trumped-up talk about how the "west" is evil.

I don't care for Islam in general the same way I don't care for most religions. It's not specific just to Islam.

It's just unfortunate for the regular people who happen to be Muslim that the world's current most egregious fanatics happen to share a religion with them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 07:37:16  
Quote:
ISIS is the US's *** child and they should deal with it

I would bet a not-insubstantial-amount of money that if the U.S. dealt with it in a unilateral fashion which we find satisfactory to our own safety, you would find a reason to ***.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-19 07:39:31  
Nuke Australia.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 07:45:18  
Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »
Nuke Australia.

Great idea, genius.

Because super mutant kanagaroos is just what we need.

Think these things through!

PLUS

EQUALS

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 08:06:32  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Heroin?
Need some Super Heroin.
Nope.avi!
What this, and all problems, can be solved with is alcohol!!

Now, now. Their text strictly prohibits intoxicants. And they're the truly devout. Clearly they would never partake.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 08:06:35  

Not really, they're radicals and that's the only way you deal with combatants based on an idealism, there's no other way.

I don't like it one bit, that's for sure.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 08:08:47  
Blazed1979 said: »

People in the west and in the middle east oversimplifying things because they're too lazy, uninvolved,following media organizations with agendas while lacking enough background knowledge to be able to make an informed decision.

Both sides. In the west its "bomb them all" "Islam is to blame" and with ISIS its "They're crusaders" "they're after our oil" "they're want to destroy islam".

I said it before, people like Jekt and many others do more for converting normal mundane people into radicals than the best ISIS propaganda.

The difference between radicalized people in Iraq and people like Jekt is that the people in Iraq have been persecuted, bombed, lived through wars... and honestly, ask yourself "how many family members and how much ***has the average ISIS recruit seen to make him/her become so radicalized".

And then ask the same question of an average American or European who is calling for the destruction of the region and spews anti-Islam hate.

The US came to the Middle East first, like it did to every part of the world, and meddled in others' politics.

ISIS is the US's *** child and they should deal with it while leaving the rest of the world out of their hate speach and not causing a third world war.

The list of reasons as to why you have me pegged wrong is so long, but you're a terrorist apologist, so I don't really care.

We didn't come to the middle east first, that's an outright lie. Stop trying to rewrite history so you can support the terrorists.
Also: I don't want to wipe out religion, nor do I have hate, but nice persecution complex.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:19:57  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
To clarify, I don't think Islam is to blame for IS. I think they're a bunch of psychotic, power-hungry, blood-thirst, weak-willed men following leaders of the same mindset who give them an excuse to be terrible people by justifying it with religion and trumped-up talk about how the "west" is evil.

I don't care for Islam in general the same way I don't care for most religions. It's not specific just to Islam.

It's just unfortunate for the regular people who happen to be Muslim that the world's current most egregious fanatics happen to share a religion with them.
wow Ramy - thank you for making that clear. This might be the first time I've ever +1'd a post by you.
I guess I had you misunderstood.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:23:51  

The list of reasons as to why you have me pegged wrong is so long, but you're a terrorist apologist, so I don't really care.

We didn't come to the middle east first, that's an outright lie. Stop trying to rewrite history so you can support the terrorists.
Also: I don't want to wipe out religion, nor do I have hate, but nice persecution complex.

Classic example of character defamation; anyone who disagrees with you must be on the other side. "if y'ur not with us y'ur with the tur'ists"

Didn't come to the middle east first? Do you really lack that much basic knowledge of history?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 08:30:41  

wow Ramy - thank you for making that clear. This might be the first time I've ever +1'd a post by you.

I'm vehemently against IS. As I think any reasonable person of any belief should be; it's a group comprised of -- or, at least, led by -- terrible human beings.

I dislike religions as a whole, not just Islam. And I'm quite vocal about what I perceive as the problems with them (here, at least).

I can see where the two made bleed together when reading my feelings on the topics, but rest assured. I don't hate anyone because they practice religion. In most cases it's because they were raised into a religion and know no differently, or because they found religion because it filled a void in their life.

As long as they're not mistreating others because of their religion, I'm very much about "live and let live".

But when they start using their religion to justify encroaching upon others' lives in any way...I tend to get pretty fired up about it.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:35:57  

I'm vehemently against IS.

I dislike religions as a whole, not just Islam. And I'm quite vocal about what I perceive as the problems with them (here, at least).

I can see where the two made bleed together when reading my feelings on the topics, but rest assured. I don't hate anyone because they practice religion. In most cases it's because they were raised into a religion and know no differently, or because they found religion because it filled a void in their life.

As long as they're not mistreating others because of their religion, I'm very much about "live and let live".

But when they start using their religion to justify encroaching upon others' lives in any way...I tend to get pretty fired up about it.

I'm very much about keeping religion out of politics and politics out of religion. I'm very much about freedom of choice to practice w/e religion one chooses as long as their faith doesn't infringe upon others' rights.

My concern has always been that Islam is unfairly persecuted and will result in the long term of isolating Muslims. I see this manifesting by radicals on both sides, being douche bags and idiots.

I hold both equally at fault. Western idiots like Jekt and radicals who join ISIS.

I just go the extra step of analyzing the source of the problem. That isn't being an apologist (aimed at Jekt, not Ramy). It's how any challenge should be approached; by analyzing and establishing the cause, and not the simply dealing with the face value symptoms.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-19 09:08:27  

You forgot a couple.

Guns are great for deterring people who seek assistance, and by "deterring" I mean with a killshot.

Teens are...(Well, we can't talk about objections to that here anymore.)
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-19 09:15:20  
Think Jetackuu needs to change his/her avatar. You can't use a robot who wants to kill all humans and be against the killing of humans.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 12:48:41  
Classic example of character defamation; anyone who disagrees with you must be on the other side. "if y'ur not with us y'ur with the tur'ists"

Didn't come to the middle east first? Do you really lack that much basic knowledge of history?

I'm not defaming anyone, but you are being a terrorist apologist, you're excusing their actions.

I understand history very well, I just don't twist it to sort an agenda.

Also you were the one defaming here, not me.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 12:49:27  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Think Jetackuu needs to change his/her avatar. You can't use a robot who wants to kill all humans and be against the killing of humans.

He says he wants to, he doesn't actually want to. There's a difference :P
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 13:04:53  

I'm not defaming anyone, but you are being a terrorist apologist, you're excusing their actions.

No I'm not. I'll go on the record for you as saying there is NO EXCUSE for their actions.

A Dr telling a cancer patient he shouldn't have smoked hasn't justified his smoking.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 13:09:08  

No I'm not. I'll go on the record for you as saying there is NO EXCUSE for their actions.

A Dr telling a cancer patient he shouldn't have smoked hasn't justified his smoking.
Yet you keep doing it in every thread about a radical killing people and the other citizen's harboring them and get in a fit when people retaliate.

So I'll go on the record for outright saying you're a liar now.

Plus your analogy doesn't fit.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 13:38:32  

Yet you keep doing it in every thread about a radical killing people and the other citizen's harboring them and get in a fit when people retaliate.

So I'll go on the record for outright saying you're a liar now.

Plus your analogy doesn't fit.
My Analogy is meant to highlight that explaining the situation does not require any emotional connection.

You want to simplify things in the middle east and blame it on Islam.

If I explain why Islam is not to blame you call that being a terrorist apologist.

I'll go on the record as saying there is no logic or sense to 99% of the things you say, you have no stable position, are inconsistent and a prove yourself to be a hypocrite at least 3-4 times a day.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-19 13:47:20  
My Analogy is meant to highlight that explaining the situation does not require any emotional connection.

You want to simplify things in the middle east and blame it on Islam.

If I explain why Islam is not to blame you call that being a terrorist apologist.

I'll go on the record as saying there is no logic or sense to 99% of the things you say, you have no stable position, are inconsistent and a prove yourself to be a hypocrite at least 3-4 times a day.

Your analogy fails even at that.

I don't want to just blame it on islam, I blame it on radicals and those that support and excuse them, yet Islam is partially to blame as it's a tool in what they do, and it's a tool because of what it is. Unlike you I'm not ignorant of that reality.

There's logic and sense in everything I say, and I'm 100% stable unless I change my mind (which doesn't usually happen), and I'm anything but a hypocrite. I can certainly see how several of you would think that, but you would all be wrong.

But again with the ridiculous personal attacks, and excusing terrorists.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10