Idle Set; Any Way To Improve This?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Idle set; any way to improve this?
Idle set; any way to improve this?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Elizara
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Elizara
By Quetzalcoatl.Elizara 2014-09-29 19:23:59  
I'm always looking to tweak my gear. Since sets came out (I'm not a spellcast/script user, never have been, tho I am open to looking at a script or two for gear ideas) I've been tweaking/using them with some pretty good success, other than I had to rearrange the lines in my cure macros a bit for using <st> for curing npcs in missions. (Let's just say it's sped me up curing by a ton! having to play piano to cure slowed me down too much)

ItemSet 328881

Here's how I have this set up in game; the last mission I did however, I kept getting got by AOEs so thought I should add a bit more -pdt if I can find a easy to get back or something. Anyone have any good ideas to improve that set?

Oh and before anyone asks, that moonshade earring is the refresh one. Also that is a auged Genebu's Shield, I have cure pot +4% and cure spellcasting time -8% on it..not that it matters for the idle set.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-29 20:06:52  
Have PDT dark rings?

For back, cheviot cape or repulse mantle are good and very easy to get.

There are also -1~2% PDT augmented black/darkness earrings from the quest Scattered Shells, Scattered Mind. The chance of PDT aug is random, so this can take some spamming.

Finally, armor. There's not a single piece of item level gear in that set. That makes you incredibly fragile. The def difference is huge. And def does actually matter now.

In your set, a 99 WHM/SCH should have about 399 def before buffs. My WHM mule's basic Idle set(refresh heavy set) has 501 Def and -46% PDT. My PDT idle set has 715 def, and 49% PDT(I'd hit 50% if I ever un-lazied about the augments.)

The issue with upping your defenses is that there's a really lack of item lvl refresh pieces. So there's a notable refresh cost when going to Ilvl gear. :/

Buuuut, fat lotta good the MP is doing you if you get one-shotted. So. If you want to stand in AoE range, you have to drop some refresh.

Could look into the Gendewitha/+1 set. All of it is augmentable with up to 4% PDT. And the body still has 2/tick refresh.

Also, If you can get an oneiros grip then Terra's Staff+Oneiros is a good higher PDT Idle combo. And while the refresh on oneiros is a latent, it's one that's mostly active when you need it.(MP less than 75%)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elizara
By Quetzalcoatl.Elizara 2014-09-29 21:23:26  
I'll look into that and see if I can bribe a BLU friend to help me get dark rings if he's bored. (I know one that's really good at blu cleaving, and I'd like to get ninja to 75 anyhoos.)

I don't know what's coming next in Seekers missions (I'm the whm there) or what will be next in endgame, but if I can get a little more -PDT in that set and make one that's pretty much all -pdt for "Eww, stop it with the AOEs!" I think I'll be right as rain.

Oneiros grips don't show up on the Quetz AH often but I'll keep a eye out.

Most of the rest of my sets tbh are a combo of old and new gear, so not surprising I'd have to do some updates. ^^
By Kooljack 2014-09-29 21:43:42  
wayfarer set. both my mythic mage's rock wayfarer set. an extra 2mp/tic for the defense trade-off is laughable by how much magic evasion, mdb, and pure defense you loose.

My whm never has mp problems. nor should it with ghorn bard.. ever... the community is overly emo for max mp/idle.

My brd rocks a consistent 500+mp pool these days no matter the gear; she's the one consistently dropping curaga2/cure4 main curing, while the yag whm spams erase anyways.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-09-29 21:47:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Elizara said: »
Oneiros grips don't show up on the Quetz AH often but I'll keep a eye out.
^
because they're rare/ex
By Kooljack 2014-09-29 21:47:44  
if I can find a easy to get back or something. Anyone have any good ideas to improve that set?

Hexerei cape is quite solid imo

Waist: slipor sash or fucho-no-obi
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-09-29 21:52:05  
if youre gonna use bolebunga get new hagondes/gendewitha augmented with pdt/mdt

if you're not gonna get that then use terra staff/oneiros grip, the first being the better.

I prefer a few different idle sets:
REFRESH/REGEN+ set
PDT set
MDT set

ItemSet 321633

there's not much need for dark rings with the new armor you should be wearing for its massive DEF+ since they get nice pdt-mdt- augments
 Quetzalcoatl.Elizara
By Quetzalcoatl.Elizara 2014-09-29 22:03:47  
My bad on that, I'll ask on my shells about that then.

But yeah, thanks for the ideas. Keep'em coming! I mean to try to put some -pdt in my general idle (for stuff with no bard, and YES I do stuff with no bard. My mission static has no bard for instance) and see if I can make a "YEOWCH!" set for when I do have a bard.

Hopefully that'll AOE proof me a little bit.
 Phoenix.Kasunia
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:12:50  
I'm always looking to tweak my gear. Since sets came out (I'm not a spellcast/script user, never have been, tho I am open to looking at a script or two for gear ideas) I've been tweaking/using them with some pretty good success, other than I had to rearrange the lines in my cure macros a bit for using <st> for curing npcs in missions. (Let's just say it's sped me up curing by a ton! having to play piano to cure slowed me down too much)

ItemSet 328881

Here's how I have this set up in game; the last mission I did however, I kept getting got by AOEs so thought I should add a bit more -pdt if I can find a easy to get back or something. Anyone have any good ideas to improve that set?

Oh and before anyone asks, that moonshade earring is the refresh one. Also that is a auged Genebu's Shield, I have cure pot +4% and cure spellcasting time -8% on it..not that it matters for the idle set.

ItemSet 328890

Hey there. I have an alt that is both a BRD and a WHM, and this is what I use. The Dark Rings are augmented with spellcasting augments, -PDT% and -MDT% (kinda hard to get, but worth it!). The rest is all PDT, status resist, refresh. Wivre Hairpin is augmented with Refresh and it drops in Konschtat Highlands, along with the Dark Rings.

This is also another set you could use,

ItemSet 328891

I personally wouldn't use this one, I'd rather go with the Wiglen Gorget and the resist earrings, but the Dark Earrings can be augmented with -PDT% and resist stat augments from some quest (Not sure which). You can also replace the rings with enmity down rings or regen rings. I personally would use the first set, but dunno about you! I hope you have good luck finding an idle set that suits your needs.

Edit: You could also replace the rings with resist silence rings, those are pretty handy as well.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-30 00:20:23  
Phoenix.Kasunia said: »

ItemSet 328881

ItemSet 328890

Hey there. I have an alt that is both a BRD and a WHM, and this is what I use. The Dark Rings are augmented with spellcasting augments, -PDT% and -MDT% (kinda hard to get, but worth it!). The rest is all PDT, status resist, refresh. Wivre Hairpin is augmented with Refresh and it drops in Konschtat Highlands, along with the Dark Rings.

ItemSet 328891

I personally wouldn't use this one, I'd rather go with the Wiglen Gorget and the resist earrings, but the Dark Earrings can be augmented with -PDT% and resist stat augments from some quest (Not sure which). You can also replace the rings with enmity down rings or regen rings. I personally would use the first set, but dunno about you! I hope you have good luck finding an idle set that suits your needs.

Edit: You could also replace the rings with resist silence rings, those are pretty handy as well.

White mage cannot use Flume belt. :3
Did you mean Fucho-no-Obi?
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-30 00:21:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »

if you're not gonna get that then use terra staff/oneiros grip, the first being the better.

REFRESH/REGEN+ set
PDT set
MDT set

ItemSet 321633

there's not much need for dark rings with the new armor you should be wearing for its massive DEF+ since they get nice pdt-mdt- augments

White mage cannot use Spurrina Coif. :3
 Phoenix.Kasunia
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:22:49  
Odin.Skjalf said: »

ItemSet 328881

ItemSet 328890

ItemSet 328891

Yeah, I did. I was thinking about my BRD when I made that and made a mistake, thanks, I'll fix it.
By mortontony1 2014-09-30 00:23:14  

Curious if there's any benefit to using hairpin over Nefer? Not counting the 1-2 mil depending on server, but could probably farm that much in the time it could take to get refresh aug.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-30 00:26:13  

ItemSet 328881

ItemSet 328890

ItemSet 328891

Yeah, I did. I was thinking about my BRD when I made that and made a mistake, thanks, I'll fix it.

^^ np
 Phoenix.Kasunia
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:29:20  
mortontony1 said: »

Curious if there's any benefit to using hairpin over Nefer? Not counting the 1-2 mil depending on server, but could probably farm that much in the time it could take to get refresh aug.

Nefer is pretty rare to get on the AH (Atleast on my server). It only took me an hour to get my wivre hairpin, but it's very luck based. The MP+ (The actual stat, not the refresh) is bigger, and personally I think it looks better than the hat, haha. It depends on personal opinion. It's nice for the element: earth +10 in certain cases, too. BUT, while you're farming the hairpin, you also have a chance of finding your dark rings, so it might be more convenient to get since you'd already be there.

Edit: You can also sell the crappy dark rings, so you'd be making gil, getting your dark rings, your hairpin, and saving gil in the first place. I think it's more beneficial for people with a small wallet
By mortontony1 2014-09-30 00:30:58  

Nefer is pretty rare to get on the AH (Atleast on my server). It only took me an hour to get my wivre hairpin, but it's very luck based. The MP+ is bigger, and personally I think it looks better than the hat, haha. It depends on personal opinion. It's nice for the element: earth +10 in certain cases, too. BUT, while you're farming the hairpin, you also have a chance of finding your dark rings, so it might be more convenient to get since you'd already be there.

So just seems to boil down to which you prefer/are able to get first with no huge difference. And tbh I think the hat is totally badass xD
 Phoenix.Kasunia
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:33:22  

Nefer is pretty rare to get on the AH (Atleast on my server). It only took me an hour to get my wivre hairpin, but it's very luck based. The MP+ is bigger, and personally I think it looks better than the hat, haha. It depends on personal opinion. It's nice for the element: earth +10 in certain cases, too. BUT, while you're farming the hairpin, you also have a chance of finding your dark rings, so it might be more convenient to get since you'd already be there.

So just seems to boil down to which you prefer/are able to get first with no huge difference. And tbh I think the hat is totally badass xD

I think it's ugly on anything that's not a mithra, heh. But I also think that it's more fun to farm the hairpin, as well as more convenient if you're going to get dark rings in the first place. And like I said in my edit, you'd be getting gil from the crappy dark rings you get.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-30 00:36:49  

REFRESH/REGEN+ set
PDT set
MDT set

ItemSet 321633

Or Hagondes >.>
 Phoenix.Kasunia
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:46:35  

I think it's ugly on anything that's not a mithra, heh. But I also think that it's more fun to farm the hairpin, as well as more convenient if you're going to get dark rings in the first place. And like I said in my edit, you'd be getting gil from the crappy dark rings you get.

I actually just found another nifty piece on my alt.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11621/chrys-torque

This uses your TP and gives you 1mp/t for each technique point. This isn't optimal, because if you're a good WHM, you shouldn't really be getting hit, but it's a good piece of soloing and whatnot, and it can be decent if you are getting hit somewhat (it does happen, or if you aggro adds in delve, that kinda stuff!)
 Phoenix.Kasunia
By Phoenix.Kasunia 2014-09-30 00:47:04  
Odin.Jassik said: »

REFRESH/REGEN+ set
PDT set
MDT set

ItemSet 321633

Or Hagondes >.>

It does say SCH idle set, not WHM, but it's also a WHM thread, so yeaaah...
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-09-30 00:50:05  
Personally I'd go with something like this:

ItemSet 328892

obviously use a second dark ring if you don't have a defending ring. They're not too hard to farm. Something like Ethereal Earring over Darkness Earring wouldn't be terrible, either.

I'm personally not a fan of regen rings (you'll get like, 90 hp in 1 minute, joy...) or wiglen gorget just because of long range conal/AOE moves like Foul Breath. If you can't get Wivre Hairpin, a generic head like Gendewitha Caubeen augmented works fine too, if 1 mp/tick is making or breaking you then you need better MP management skills
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-30 01:11:09  
Skjalf prefers to keep the higher stats (DEF/HP/MP/Eva/MEva/MND/etc. of newer item level equipment. Switching between old gear with refresh+1 on it and losing max HP/MP amounts and all those other stats doesn't seem efficient/optimum and may not be prudent if danger is near.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-09-30 01:26:34  
I use two different idle sets, the one above for fodderish stuff where I know I won't get hit at all, and one where i switch in some ilvl stuff where I think I might get hit by stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-30 01:37:10  
As far as keeping you safe from damage with a semi-easy to reach PDT cap, something like this is pretty flexible.

ItemSet 328886

Assuming 4% PDT augments on head/body/hands/legs/feet and 2% on earrings, you can up to 59% PT(obviously you can only use 50% of that). But, the point being you can reach 50% with a lot less than perfect augments, you can even swap out D Ring if you have to for an augmented Dark Ring or a patricius ring.

Mix and match the 9% your over how ever you can to get 50%. Gendewitha can also get MDT as well, and you only need a total of abot 23%~? with Shellra V + merits, and this comes with 15% static, so would only need about 8% more from augments. You can even swap out Shadow Mantle/Shadow Ring for more PDT/MDT if needed depending on your augments.

It doesn't have as much refresh as a full refresh set, unfortunately since WHM didn't get as much after 99.

But it does have 2 MP/tick fulltime, 3 MP/tick after 75%, and 4 MP/tick after 50% MP.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-30 03:03:39  
Endless options... ^^

ItemSet 328901
 Asura.Nanabi
サーバ: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2014-09-30 04:52:37  
This is a good idle set...
Gendewitha is easy to get -4 PDT with +1 stone
just swap to refresh gear when you're under 30~40% MP which rarely occurs with good MP management and a good BRD, and temp ethers are cheap
ItemSet 328902

This set gives 44% PDT with ilvl 113, also a decent amount of MDB and some MDT
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-19 00:03:37  
ive recently gone the mageva route in some of my mules sets and plan on having basically this exact set.
ItemSet 329815

BRD turtle mageva - Ipetam Augments: PDT-4% MagEva+11 Linos Augments: BreathDT -4% MagEva+10
Artsieq Hat Augments: MAcc+25MagEva+10 MDT-5% Artsieq Hose Augments:MAB+25MEva+10PDT-5%
Gendewitha Galoshes Augments: PDT/MDT-4% Cure Potency +6

i cant find that resist ring, Arete Del Sol's, to try (and to try to augment with something like thunder/ice resist?!) out. theres a belt with +15 resist to all elements too that might be cool.
Flashward Earring for Hearty Earring, or even going with two Hearty Earrings might be cool. Shadow ring would be on the table, i think. (maybe mantle?)
You could do a number of things based on situation too.combined with consistent barblizz/barpara or barthundra its worked out extremely well against like, the aoe stun from behemoth in cirdasv2, that aoe para in mandy woe are things that come to mind right off. trying it with my old turtle set visibly wasnt resisting as much.

do you think it would be worth making a mageva pdt skirmish club(or refresh if you can get that, cap pdt other ways) for whm to do this same thing?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
By NeboJones 2015-02-15 15:37:02  
Old thread but thought I'd post here to get some feedback on this WHM idle set. Wondering if there are more/better refresh options. Better for PDT or MP etc in earring slots?

SOA Ring is for other DD jobs but the regain activates the torque which is why I use it there. Unsure if there is actual refresh in the neck slot?

ItemSet 333364
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-15 16:55:02  
darkness earrings, moonshade if you get refresh for whatever reason.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-15 18:34:53  
umbra's cape & serpentes set makes no sense
First Page 2