Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best merit farm
Best merit farm
By Luthiene 2014-10-01 16:47:10  
Hi guys,

I came back from a bit of a break and have been acquiring some of the new adoulin gear and stuff. However, I need to catch up on a lot of merits, since I've been using them for High-End/AA Fights, etc.

What would be the fastest place to merit solo? If I can get Sparks too while Im at it, that would be awesome.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 16:48:58  
Depends on your killspeed to be honest.

Start small (go to the forest right outside of town) and go up from there.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-01 16:51:30  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Depends on your killspeed to be honest.

Start small (go to the forest right outside of town) and go up from there.
Pretty much this. I usually end up running out to the Drifts when I'm bored and just punching out merits. Also Skirmishes are a great source of exp on top of acquiring higher Ilvl gear and I'll usually walk away with anywhere between 6 and 10 just from a run.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 16:53:18  
The best and fastest way to gain experience, for your (assumed) gear would probably be Morimar Basalt Fields, killing raptors and lizards, with Spoils: fire Crystal x10 active.

600 sparks on first completion, and 1,000 bonus EXP. 200 sparks for each additional completion. You can also rack up EXP and sparks from doing the Lizard kill Records of Eminence as well.

This should all go pretty quickly as long as you have your trust magic active.
By Creecreelo 2014-10-01 17:47:23  
Not sure when it was you last played, but make sure to unlock capacity points for yourself with the Nomad Moogle in Ru'lude before meriting! Would be unfortunate to waste potential CP while exping.
By Luthiene 2014-10-01 18:18:01  
Well, yes, apart from skirmishes and stuff. My gear is pretty good I guess, Iziihkoh, 109 AF/Relic (still working on 119), some HQ Iuitl pieces, some delve pieces, etc.

I went out to Kahmihr and started killing stuff with trust magic as thf/dnc and i raked in some quick merits. However, it also involves running around a lot as i killed everything before repops.

So I thought there must be a better place where I can merit and get some sparks for those extra upgrade chapters?

Ill try morimar and kill lizards for sparks as Bloodrose mentioned.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2014-10-01 18:23:46  
Outer Raz'knar is another good zone to do. I'm not sure which is faster; Outer or Morimar.. Morimar is a lot of running around, and Raz'knar has some reives you need to go through.
By Bloodrose 2014-10-01 18:24:20  
Luthiene said: »
Well, yes, apart from skirmishes and stuff. My gear is pretty good I guess, Iziihkoh, 109 AF/Relic (still working on 119), some HQ Iuitl pieces, some delve pieces, etc.

I went out to Kahmihr and started killing stuff with trust magic as thf/dnc and i raked in some quick merits. However, it also involves running around a lot as i killed everything before repops.

So I thought there must be a better place where I can merit and get some sparks for those extra upgrade chapters?

If you're killing that quickly in Kamihr Drifts, then you should be on Marjami Ravine, where there are areas with lots of mobs.

Can do Wind, Water, and Earth crystal RoE there, as well as Lapinion ROE
By Luthiene 2014-10-01 18:29:46  
Bloodrose said: »

If you're killing that quickly in Kamihr Drifts, then you should be on Marjami Ravine, where there are areas with lots of mobs.

Can do Wind, Water, and Earth crystal RoE there, as well as Lapinion ROE

Awesome, I'll check it out, thanks.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-10-01 19:18:18  
Another one that I've used a bunch is (I -think-) bivouac #2 in Hennetiel. Two RoE zone mobs (gnats and slugs), two crystals (water and dark), all in a fairly close area. I was pretty much barely at the edge of keeping up with repops (some jobs I used were slower, some were faster). Just focus on killing the mobs before they can use TP moves.

Think I topped out around 250k/hr for xp, but usually could manage at least 200k/hr. Kamihr can push a bit higher, but there's no way to guarantee killing before they use TP moves, and most the TP moves in Kamihr suck. Morimar just has too much running around for my taste. Marjami is also good, but usually either has the problem of overcrowding (in the aquan area by #2) or too few mobs in a given area.
By Luthiene 2014-10-01 19:44:27  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Another one that I've used a bunch is (I -think-) bivouac #2 in Hennetiel. Two RoE zone mobs (gnats and slugs), two crystals (water and dark), all in a fairly close area. I was pretty much barely at the edge of keeping up with repops (some jobs I used were slower, some were faster). Just focus on killing the mobs before they can use TP moves.

Think I topped out around 250k/hr for xp, but usually could manage at least 200k/hr. Kamihr can push a bit higher, but there's no way to guarantee killing before they use TP moves, and most the TP moves in Kamihr suck. Morimar just has too much running around for my taste. Marjami is also good, but usually either has the problem of overcrowding (in the aquan area by #2) or too few mobs in a given area.

Great, I'll make sure to check those all out too. Overcrowding shouldnt really be a problem unless playing at JP peaktime, since our server population is really low.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-05 16:05:07  
Kinda surprised no one has mentioned this one:

Marjami Reive, Greater Rocs. Go to Biv 4, then head down the vine. Follow the right wall up the short hill path, then go straight across to the next vine and go up (Ergon Locus is here). There's 10-12 Greater Rocs there. Activate Light Crystal and the region RoE. 25% piercing bonus go.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-05 16:24:02  
Bloodrose said: »
The best and fastest way to gain experience, for your (assumed) gear would probably be Morimar Basalt Fields, killing raptors and lizards, with Spoils: fire Crystal x10 active.

600 sparks on first completion, and 1,000 bonus EXP. 200 sparks for each additional completion. You can also rack up EXP and sparks from doing the Lizard kill Records of Eminence as well.

This should all go pretty quickly as long as you have your trust magic active.

Or Morimar, upper level, killing Lizards and Butterflies. Mobs are spread out a little, but you can still keep a chain going, getting 1800+/kill
By Chyula 2014-10-05 16:39:07  
I prefer biv#2 over #4 in marjami, these are the trust I use, galka whm, elv bard, dancer(haste samba), very fast kill speed and unlimited supply of mob to kill there. thf/war with a lot of DA/TA/QA gears. off hand use wkr dagger with oat augment.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-10-05 17:01:24  
If you don't mind a bit of walking, there's a spot in Outer Ra'Kaznar that is perfect for farming merits. The small square room on first level, at F/G-6. Room has about half a dozen Twitherym, and 2 Flutterini. Non-aggressive, though I think they do link. Turn on Outer Ra'Kaznar 1 and Wind crystals, and just run around the room. They're weak to piercing, and die pretty quickly. Make sure you're almost empty on merits before you go, XP climbs to 2k+ per kill pretty quickly.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-05 18:22:11  
getting 4k inside of incursion seems to be the best option tho. and you get stuff.
[+]
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-06 15:40:19  
Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
If you don't mind a bit of walking, there's a spot in Outer Ra'Kaznar that is perfect for farming merits. The small square room on first level, at F/G-6. Room has about half a dozen Twitherym, and 2 Flutterini. Non-aggressive, though I think they do link. Turn on Outer Ra'Kaznar 1 and Wind crystals, and just run around the room. They're weak to piercing, and die pretty quickly. Make sure you're almost empty on merits before you go, XP climbs to 2k+ per kill pretty quickly.

How do you get to this place? I've been trying Woh Gates worms for cp but getting sick of my accuracy there (and Joachim keeps singing Paeon, not Madrigal, WTF JOACHIM) and heard of bats/twitherym in Outer. But I can't find where to go in the zone, there has to be another entrance aside from near Monkey ??? in Kamihr, I assume?
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-06 15:44:15  
F-8 is zone in area.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-10-10 13:42:30  
Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
How do you get to this place? I've been trying Woh Gates worms for cp but getting sick of my accuracy there (and Joachim keeps singing Paeon, not Madrigal, WTF JOACHIM) and heard of bats/twitherym in Outer. But I can't find where to go in the zone, there has to be another entrance aside from near Monkey ??? in Kamihr, I assume?

OK, from where you enter Outer Ra'Kaznar, go south and then east to the roots, and descend. On the bottom floor, head west through the Colonization Reive room (clear it if it's up, Col Reives are fairly easy here). From there go west to the next Colonization Reive room, and then turn north. Use the elevator at G-8 to get back to the first floor. Then just turn right, and you'll be in the room.
 Diabolos.Prodigy
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2014-10-10 13:51:56  
Incursion
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-10 13:56:22  
Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Outer Raz'knar is another good zone to do. I'm not sure which is faster; Outer or Morimar.. Morimar is a lot of running around, and Raz'knar has some reives you need to go through.

It's 1 Colo Reive, and only takes about 10 minutes to get to camp(including the reive). But you can go from 0/45 merits in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-10 14:00:47  

OK, from where you enter Outer Ra'Kaznar, go south and then east to the roots, and descend. On the bottom floor, head west through the Colonization Reive room (clear it if it's up, Col Reives are fairly easy here). From there go west to the next Colonization Reive room, and then turn north. Use the elevator at G-8 to get back to the first floor. Then just turn right, and you'll be in the room.

You can't just turn right, that tunnel is blocked, you need to turn left and go the long way around through 2 rooms that need sneak. You have to enter the room through the south end.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-10-10 16:22:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

You can't just turn right, that tunnel is blocked, you need to turn left and go the long way around through 2 rooms that need sneak. You have to enter the room through the south end.

Oops sorry, you're right. And I meant to put go west to the roots from the entrance, not east. Blame my fingers for typing too fast. But yeah, once you get through the second Reive room, just use the elevator to go up to floor 1 and the room with Twitherym is just to the right from there.
By Cleric 2014-10-10 16:34:13  
Another good one, if you need fast merits for something, is the T1 Voidwatch worm in Bastok.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-14 02:57:29  
Cleric said: »
Another good one, if you need fast merits for something, is the T1 Voidwatch worm in Bastok.

Did some Shiva farming today, I needed 8 merits to get another KI, the PLD was about the same. He did T1 voidwatch, I ran out to the Outer Ra' Twitherym camp listed above. I got 10 merits before he got to his KI. So unless you only need a handful of merits, twitherym seems like the best bet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2014-12-19 06:42:52  
Is Outer Rak still the best area to merit farm? Ive done Dho Gates too, and get more CP but the same XP there. I like Outer coz I can pay minimum attention to what Im doing, ie. go afk, but was wondering if you guys had found some secret amazing place for CP hunting. Also, how much do you average per hour?

Edit: Dho Gates gives more XP per kill by the looks of it, about 500+ more to be precise.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-21 05:06:07  
Is Outer Rak still the best area to merit farm? Ive done Dho Gates too, and get more CP but the same XP there. I like Outer coz I can pay minimum attention to what Im doing, ie. go afk, but was wondering if you guys had found some secret amazing place for CP hunting. Also, how much do you average per hour?

Edit: Dho Gates gives more XP per kill by the looks of it, about 500+ more to be precise.

I haven't tried Dho gates, but I learned of Woh Gates map 2, a room with like 12-16 bats (they aggro but don't link) and are all T-VT. During double CP campaign I was getting 1400-3k CP a kill, based on 2-4 people in party, CP ring usage, etc. Rudra's can easily one shot one at 1500~ tp and their acc isn't so high to need sushi. I just ate pizza and it was great.

You get there by the crystal formation near biv 3 in Marjami (go east, go down vines, follow wall towards apkallu spawn, instead of turning right to go to ??? take vines up again, crystal is there). Bat room is SW section, watch for Hippogryphs that are IT, stick to west side of the place.

I'll give Dho and Outer a try, at some point, but sticking to Woh for a while, I think.
[+]