users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 Quetzalcoatl.Tokara
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gooberp
By Quetzalcoatl.Tokara 2014-10-10 15:58:07  
I'm essentially a new player to FFXI: I've played before in SoA, but never really accomplished anything, and I have basically no gil/gear of note. I've spent most of my time idly leveling jobs and capping skills because it's fun to me, but I'm thinking about maybe trying to do some actual group content. My favorite roles in games/other MMOs are usually supports, so I'm drawn to BRD as a main job.

My question to you guys is: where do I start? I have the Eminent Horn (and sold all my old +2 instruments) aaaand that's about it. Where do I, as a fresh player with no geared jobs, begin to acquire gear?? REM is obviously completely out of reach, so where can I more accessibly get +songs/additional songs? I've read the BRD guide which indicates that mostly all I want is the Emp armor +2 supplemented by -casting time, but would I solo proc yellow, let alone kill aby NMs?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2014-10-10 16:06:16  
Currently with login points you can get all the +1 and +2 items for empy armor. So the empy armor should not be all that difficult. What else a Bard needs i have no idea.

Edit: login points just started over today, create a few mules if needed to get all the +2 items in one campaign.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tokara
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gooberp
By Quetzalcoatl.Tokara 2014-10-10 16:21:47  
Just for reference, I do have BLM, THF, DNC, RNG, and SCH all at 99 as well, with capped primary skills (singing, wind, string, archery, marksman, elemental, dagger, evasion, and parry, but not healing/enhance/enfeeble/dark/axe/staff) so if something needs to be soloed I probably can, but only with at best Sparks gear lol.
I'm mostly looking for advice from the hivemind for what direction to move in first, since this game has SO MUCH CONTENT.
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2014-10-10 16:55:11  
Sparks gear isn't all that horrible, good starting point for 99. Aby should not be a problem with spark gear.

Well ya have thf so can always farm dynamis for currency and start building relic horn, just takes a few months if that even.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-10 19:42:48  
Get sparks gear for your thf then farm dynamis/salvage daily to build a little bank roll selling sparks weapons can help as well. Do mog gardens daily as well as imprimatures for SoA coalitions upgrade your gardens as it happens because free gil is free gil. Farming WoE is another really good source of gil at the moment and can suppliment your gear grind with sidegrades to a lot of the current best in slots. Use your thf to gear your brd and just camp a tojil shout so you have access to buying the 3rd song jse harp people will accept 2 song brd because 6/6 is better than 5/6 + shouting 2 more hours before giving up. Doing just these things will net you plasm for equip etc. and easily 20-30m gil per week.