Any Chests Still Worth Opening?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Any Chests still worth opening?
Any Chests still worth opening?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-31 20:02:01  
There's been nothing ever since they nerfed Astral Rings in Oztroja. That and when they changed how chests pop for AF and the "nothing but a mirage"/1 hour wait when you open one now.

If you're really gunning for opening chests, try the Fields/Grounds of Valor ones, they have some nice R/E drops, such as crafting torques with +2 to the craft in them and an assortment of other cool stuff.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Casket

There's a list of the items you can obtain.
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-12-31 20:35:12  
Sadly chests are more or less a matter of happenstance than actual objectives for loot. You can make fairly decent funds in low to mid levels just from opening brown boxes and NPCing the pieces of gear that come from it. Take advantage of that when you get the Myriad Boxes buff from the weekly Kupowers.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-31 21:18:24  
Bahamut.Verda said: »
Back in the level 75 days I knew a thief who completely funded her ranger and high end gear just getting really good at using thief tools on Castle Oztroja chests and selling their contents. Just wondering if there's any chests worth opening any more. I assume it is pretty hard to compete with dynamis runs and other forms of gaining gil.

I think you all are missing what they are talking about. Its the old school chests and coffers.

Bottom line, if its in a chest like that its probably only worth it to npc. not enough to actually get anything out of it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By oldman 2014-12-31 22:05:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
There's been nothing ever since they nerfed Astral Rings in Oztroja. That and when they changed how chests pop for AF and the "nothing but a mirage"/1 hour wait when you open one now.

Lifebelts were very nice for a long time, up until Potent belt was introduced. Almost nobody ever made the trek up to Fei Yin so there was very little competition for them. They used to sell very quickly for 50-100k. Because of the low competition the gil/hour was much better than astral rings for a long time. You could also start farming them effectively as a 50thf/whm or /rdm.

But Lifebelts died with the introduction of Potent Belts. I never understood the reason for the illusionary chest nerf. As near as I could tell there was nobody farming chest anywhere anymore, at least not unless they needed a specific item (like mages ballad II).
[+]
By Zackan 2014-12-31 22:21:43  
As far as GoV caskets go...

Zeruhn Mines and The Shrine of Ru'Avitau drop skill up gear inside these chests.
Gustav Tunnel has a Magic skill up ring.
[+]