Just Came Back To The Game. Looking For An LS.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Just came back to the game. Looking for an LS.
Just came back to the game. Looking for an LS.
By Ghostron 2015-01-31 14:30:44  
Hello, I just returned to the game after a little over a year of break. I only played for a couple months the last time I revisited and that was after another break of quite a few years. Before that I was no-lifing FFXI and involved in all endgame events at 75 cap. As of now I have WAR99, THF99, DRK99, and BST99 and the jobs that i have twix 75 and 99 are BLM81, PLD81, DRG80, RNG75, SAM75, and reluctant to play: BRD75. I also have all the other maat's cap jobs at 66 save SMN so if any of these jobs are required to be 99 to join, I'd be glad to finish them off. Currently I'm working full-time but when I'm not working I'm on game. My schedule avialability goes like this: Sun-Wed & Fri (noon-5pm) Thu & Sat (Anytime). I'm not looking for a serious endgame LS but more a progressing casual LS and especially a place to gain information about the new areas that I've yet to explore. I'd be very grateful for even a mentor to show me the ropes of the new content. Thanks for looking and feel free to send me a message or a /tell in game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 15:07:31  
Whats your avatar mr. señor (josiafk)?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-31 15:59:33  
don't waste your free time on this husk of a game, friend
By mortontony1 2015-01-31 16:16:05  
"An LS"

"An LS"

/blist

In all seriousness, best of luck. Came back a few months ago and I know how hard catching up is. Just keep at it and make the best of your time!

Also; make sure to keep up on bg-wiki. Keeps pretty current with all the adoulin stuff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 17:14:06  
Why you no engrish...?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-01-31 17:15:26  
"An LS" is correct.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 17:18:18  
Verda said: »
mortontony1 said: »
"An LS"

"An LS"

/blist

In all seriousness, best of luck. Came back a few months ago and I know how hard catching up is. Just keep at it and make the best of your time!

Also; make sure to keep up on bg-wiki. Keeps pretty current with all the adoulin stuff.
Whenever someone on the news says an history I want to slap them. My 400 level math teacher in college said an to everything. I hated how she thought it made her sound smarter. I learned that a if the next word starts with a constanant and an if it's a vowel in HS i guess not everyone tho so I just try to shut up about it lol

The general rule happens to be that if it makes a vowel sound "an" is correct, but that's harder to teach in k-12 generally, and well...

Kind of like we're taught about a lot of "rules" that aren't actual rules, and are more of arbitrary preference.

Nothing beats the 5th grade teacher who marked "a lot" wrong and said it was "alot" that stupid ***.

edit: at least that's my understanding of "an" and it's proper usage, it may be incorrect, if so, then let it be.
By Ghostron 2015-01-31 17:52:22  
This is really a discussion? When I say LS in my head, I think "el ess" in which case, "an" would be an acceptable preface to the abbreviation. Also, "an history" is also correct, being that an "h" in the original english language is more often than not, silent.
By mortontony1 2015-01-31 18:17:48  
Ghostron said: »
This is really a discussion? When I say LS in my head, I think "el ess" in which case, "an" would be an acceptable preface to the abbreviation. Also, "an history" is also correct, being that an "h" in the original english language is more often than not, silent.

"An history" isn't correct. Only when the h is silent is it 'an' such as with 'hour'. I also don't pronounce 'el ess' I just go straight to linkshell, I feel like most people would as well.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-01-31 18:27:43  
people who say LOL in real life. Which is fine.

No. No it isn't.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-31 18:33:39  
I think funny in the new clipe from gwen stephany when she says "el-oh-el" and "oh-mi-gi, oh-mi-gi, oh-mi-gi".
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-31 20:04:02  
Jetackuu said: »
mortontony1 said: »
"An LS"

"An LS"

/blist

Whenever someone on the news says an history I want to slap them. My 400 level math teacher in college said an to everything. I hated how she thought it made her sound smarter. I learned that a if the next word starts with a constanant and an if it's a vowel in HS i guess not everyone tho so I just try to shut up about it lol

The general rule happens to be that if it makes a vowel sound "an" is correct, but that's harder to teach in k-12 generally, and well...

Kind of like we're taught about a lot of "rules" that aren't actual rules, and are more of arbitrary preference.

Nothing beats the 5th grade teacher who marked "a lot" wrong and said it was "alot" that stupid ***.

edit: at least that's my understanding of "an" and it's proper usage, it may be incorrect, if so, then let it be.

English teacher that gave me a 0 test grade for making a mistake on a rough draft of a paper which effectively gave me a failing grade for the year. My senior year that is. And if you fail English class, you automatically repeat the year.

Beats alot in my book.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-31 20:05:51  
Usually most schools would allow you to make up one class in summerschool, not to mention the point of a rough draft is to fix mistakes.

Sounds like a lot of other ***was going on, than a teacher just being a ***.

Not to mention that you could have went to the schoolboard, and filed a complaint if bitching at the school level didn't suffice.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-31 20:17:40  
no. there actually wasn't anything else going on at the time. I actually liked that teacher. Ive always hated english class but i actually thought he was pretty decent.

At least until this event'

That school just loves f***ing with ppl. That whole suspension a few years earlier proved that for sure. Extra short version; they made up a whole bunch of stuff that i supposedly said about how i was going to kill a bunch of ppl there and blow the place up. Suspended me, then sent me to a purely religious private therapist. And i wasnt allowed back in until he cleared me.

So a doing that with a rough draft of a paper is not exactly a stretch...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-31 21:45:36  
I type "an LS" myself.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-01-31 22:28:27  
an Linkshell just doesnt sound right to me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-31 22:56:47  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
an Linkshell just doesnt sound right to me.
Well that doesn't sound right to me either. But there's a difference between saying "A linkshell" and "An LS". I don't pronounce "LS" by saying the entire word. I pronounce the letters it makes up. "L" "S" Just like I don't say pretty much any abbreviation by it's full name. When I say CDC I don't read that as "Chant Du Cygne" I say "C" "D" "C".

Anyhow, as it's been said in the thread already, if you pronounce the letters, it makes a vowel sound. Anytime you use a vowel sound in speech, you need the an instead of a.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 10:53:48  
i dont rly think so. I think the only reason that might come into play is because that thought it brings up when actually saying ALS. 'An LS' doesnt rly sound right either.

Tho i always say 'linkshell'. I might abbreviate that word when typing, but in my head i say the whole word. And im all for abbreviations some times, but that just seems to simple to do that for.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-01 10:55:33  
So...Ghostron... I wish you luck finding that linkshell or congratulations if you already have =)
By Pantafernando 2015-02-01 11:02:01  
If you didnt find a ls...

At least you had a good english lesson!