By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-05-23 11:53:23  
Seeing your guys' healer 11 pull makes me kinda salty I won't lie lol
 Asura.Leoheika
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-05-23 14:06:41  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Evrae is total ***. That's all I really have or want to say about it.

Poison breath?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-23 14:07:04  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

After pulling pretty much garbage on the Combat lucky (Cecil's Lustrous Shield), this was a refreshing change of pace.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-23 14:13:58  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

After pulling pretty much garbage on the Combat lucky (Cecil's Lustrous Shield), this was a refreshing change of pace.

True. You fared better than me in that pull, though. I got Josef's suicide gloves.
By Pantafernando 2016-05-23 17:05:22  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

That was like "you won the game" pull.

In 25 mythrils, you got the trinity wall+AoE cura+Hastega.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-23 17:12:58  
Asura.Leoheika said: »

Poison breath?

Poison Breath is the most tame part of the fight imo
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-05-23 17:17:28  
Asura.Leoheika said: »

Poison breath?

Poison Breath is the most tame part of the fight imo

I tend to struggle past the mirror phase, I need to be able to get to phase 2 without popping wall RW, then I'll win it for sure.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-05-23 20:39:23  

I was a salt factory but I'm thankful my WHM synergy is more decent than most... having Oerba's Boon, Emerald Light, and Healing Wind for curaga's...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-05-24 10:06:42  
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
I never have spare stamina to farm xp or orbs <.<

I didn't either until I finishsed core dungeons a month ago. I'm slowly catching up, but it's going at a snail's pace since they keep adding so many MC2's... I only have 33 people at 80, right now. Still missing 15 MC2's from the Hall of Rites. I still have something like 10-12 people I need to bring to 65. Not counting what DeNa just added with Kuja's event.

I probably only close the gap by about 2-3 characters once a week.
By Draylo 2016-05-24 13:44:05  
Geeked out when they had the monsters as the ones you fight with Zidaine when hes gone all emo. Then at the end Kuja turning trance form was really cool lol. I hope they add trance forms as costumes for the FF9 characters.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-05-24 13:48:44  

Aren't all of the abyss bosses total ***?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-24 13:50:36  
Demon Wall was super cake.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-24 15:05:54  
Yea Demon Wall and Ultima were extremely simple when you exploited their weaknesses. Evrae on the other hand requires so much different things at once and has so much going on that it is borderline impossible, and certainly improbable, to win without having 3-5 WHM SBs.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-05-24 15:09:25  
All of the bosses are easy once you figure out the trick, but that doesn't make them any less ***
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-05-24 15:11:41  
Yea Demon Wall and Ultima were extremely simple when you exploited their weaknesses. Evrae on the other hand requires so much different things at once and has so much going on that it is borderline impossible, and certainly improbable, to win without having 3-5 WHM SBs.

Yeah you pretty much need this to win, iirc I needed every character to have AoE heals and some characters with offensive SBs to win

I also had to look on Youtube to see what the tricks were
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-24 15:14:37  
I honestly didn't have many issues with Ultima Buster either, but this one does look nasty. I am not sure I have a party of WHM sufficient to take a stab at it, let alone the abilities and hones.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-24 15:17:04  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
All of the bosses are easy once you figure out the trick, but that doesn't make them any less ***

they were less *** though. none of the other abyss fights required as much specific skills, SBs, or characters as this one, and each one was easily exploitable via its weakness/gimmick. Evrae has no gimmick and its weakness is a laughable one considering barely anyone would have more than one copy of either Diara or Diaga to start with, and even fewer people have the SB spread to make Raise a viable alternative. I'd wager there aren't even very many who have more than 2 or 3 healer types leveled up to begin with, whereas Black Magic and Combat users are far more widespread.

I mean ***, you didn't even need to bring heals at all to Ultima, it was even somewhat detrimental to do so. Demon Wall didn't need it either if you set it up right. Just goes to show how simple those fights were in comparison to what is effectively a highly tuned U+ battle that is designed around bringing only white magic casters (penalizes melee, summons, and black magic so severely that they can't be used at all)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-24 16:36:34  
It's a gimmicky fight but Nightmare isn't going anywhere and ultimately rewards the worst 6* skill. This fight can be a bit overtuned because you'll hopefully gacha your way to better tools over time.

If you can beat it, beat it. If it's too annoying or orb intensive to slot more heals / diagas / insufficient SBs then just skip and move on.
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2016-05-24 16:41:52  
My winning team had a 54 Eiko with HP accessory (1100 HP) to put her at 4500. Selphie's base SB is Pro/Shell. Other than Curaga and Curaise, none of my stuff was R4 or R5. I took The Sending, and on phase 2, burned them and dropped Mirror 3 and 4 before 2 went off (which it hit for 647 at most). Phase 3, just burn boss. If your team is hasted, Dispel/Esuna will wipe buffs and poison.
By Draylo 2016-05-24 18:19:23  
Can you post your setup? I was having trouble w/it, I have only one AOE heal SB the rest is from shared SBs.
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-05-24 21:37:20  
Relm SSB from lucky banner. Pretty damn good.
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2016-05-24 22:38:02  
Draylo said: »
Can you post your setup? I was having trouble w/it, I have only one AOE heal SB the rest is from shared SBs.

My post on BG:

80 Selphie R3 Esuna/R3 Diara - Trabia's Light and Wall - Knight's Charge RM
54 Eiko R2 Shellga/R5 Curaga - Emerald Light - Battleforged RM
72 Penelo R2 Protectga/R3 Curaga - Intercession - Ace Striker RM
80 Yuna R3 Raise/R3 Diaga - Hymn of Faith - Make Might
65 Y'shtola R3 Dispel/R5 Curaise - Stoneskin II and Medica - Dr. Mog's Teachings
RW Yuna Sending

Never ran out of hones. Never used Raise. Dropped Mirror 3 then 4 before 2 even attacked. P3, most people had two SB bars since I could not spend them fast enough. Yuna capped damage even against shelled boss. Stacked the most MND on Penelo since her SB would do the most damage (7-8k damage three times with 6-7k AoE healing) then Yuna and evened across the rest. I used HP accessories on Eiko (FFVIII 5* head normal 700 gave 1100) and Y'shtola to have everyone over 4500. Regen SBs wipe poison and no one dropped below half.

Also, I have seen that Tyro with Blitz Bolt (NIN spell) is a good P2 strategy (+lightning boost).
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-24 22:56:30  
lol.. with all those SBs no wonder it was easy for you.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-25 04:50:43  
Orbrush this weekend.
14 mythrils, FFXI event and accessories from Fatty Choco next week.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-05-25 21:33:40  
Will the 2* Ability "Revive" work to kill those Orbs or does it need to be Raise? They both revive... so... idk, wondering if theres something stupid there.

Edit: Eh, Looks like "Revive" is incapable of targeting enemies unlike Raise, Well poop but okay.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-05-26 02:49:11  
Just did U+

Didn't read over any of the reddit strats, but I'm wondering how people fared against Bahamut.

I have no ff3 synergy at all, so dealing damage was a ***.

Did a dry run the first time and ran out of abilities with it at about 15-20%.

Ended up crafting 2 more copies of aeroa strike and with shout, 3x spell blade users hitting for 9k+ each with 8 uses each, I still ran out of abilities and won due to soul breaks.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-05-26 02:53:54  
Also, debating on whether or not I should pull on lucky banner.

I have native SG and shout.

Ramza fits my support position, so that leaves Tyro as WHM. Since I use dr. mog's teachings he can't replace any of my DPS, so with also having Tyro, I really can't fit him into any other role.

If I were to get a good whm relic, I wouldn't be able to fit them, tyro, and support ramza into my set up
By Pantafernando 2016-05-26 03:38:10  
I would pull as it has the best cost-benefit (25 mythril and just unique relics).
By Pantafernando 2016-05-26 08:28:21  
Ugh...
I just notice the daily draw banner changed...
I wonder if i lost an extra free draw... I cant miss dat 1* junk...
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 159 160 161