users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 159 160 161
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-09-23 16:07:25  
Triple burst is pretty bad in comparison to upcoming banners.
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2016-09-23 16:20:37  
Ciri Zireael said: »

Yup I'm saving most of my mythril for the Alphinaud banner, with the odd splash on OSB banners.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-09-23 22:28:55  

I'll probably do 1 pull on banner 2 for the chance on Terra's Tiara. But the banners seem meh.

I'm more interested in this FFX mage banner with Braska's Robe and Lulu's en-ice SSB.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-09-24 15:13:57  
Is there a way to obtain 6* Dark Matter? I got my third Ragnarok and want to Hyper Evolve it.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2016-09-24 20:09:50  
My 100 gem draw almost lost it my mage party just got quite a bit stronger
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-09-24 21:27:47  
Quote:
Triple Burst Blast Phase 1 differs from previous Rare Relic Draws in the following respects:
・One or more 5★ relics are guaranteed when using Rare Relic Draw x11.
・If you do not have enough Mythril,Gems can be combined with Mythril to perform the Relic Draw.

* “5★ guaranteed” only applies to specifically labeled Rare Relic Draws. It does not apply to Rare Relic Draws that began before the start of Triple Burst Blast Phase 1.

* “5★ guaranteed” only applies to Rare Relic Draw x11. It does not apply to Rare Relic Draw or Rare Relic Draw x3.
* Even if 4★ or 5★ relics do not drop after a certain number of tries in Rare Relic Draw or Rare Relic Draw x3, the drop rates do not change.
* The option to combine Mythril and Gems is planned for inclusion in all Relic Draws from Triple Burst Blast Phase 1 onward.
* The option to combine Mythril and Gems is only available when you do not have enough Mythril for that particular Relic Draw. All of the remaining Mythril plus the number of Gems required to make up for the missing Mythril will be used. It is not possible to adjust the amount of Mythril that will be used.
* See the Relic Draw Screen for more details.

We hope you continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-25 21:00:20  
This new stuff is confusing since I never bothered with motes so far. Can you only unlock these 6 star abilities for characters that you use motes on?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-25 21:05:29  
yeah
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2016-09-26 03:36:57  
Did 100 gems on banner 1 for the lols & got Tifa BSB :/
 Asura.Leoheika
サーバ: Asura
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-26 06:03:55  
I can scarce remember from the JP version, but wasn't this event good for farming 6* Orbs through breaking the abilities down?
By Ciri Zireael 2016-09-26 13:39:02  
Asura.Leoheika said: »
I can scarce remember from the JP version, but wasn't this event good for farming 6* Orbs through breaking the abilities down?

Sort of, the job motes are rare so you should be careful with just breaking everything down.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-26 14:02:27  
basically the strategy ill be using is keep the free copy, break down 1 mote copy of each, save the rest
By Draylo 2016-09-26 14:04:30  
I don't like this that much, how often do they recycle these motes?
By Ciri Zireael 2016-09-26 17:54:17  
Currently only Bard (not present here will be released later), Samurai, Thief, and Spellblade have had a second release. Also only 30 of each.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-09-28 11:55:37  
used 15 mythril for a x3 pull on Phase 2 triple burst banner and got Rosa's Artemis' Bow, woo... she's currently lvl 65, gonna go and master her new soul break
By Faelar 2016-09-29 01:28:51  
Keeper's Choice Pull, chose Red XIII's Lunatic High Hairpin for my free relic since I didn't have any form of Hastega natively. I now have Wall, several AOE heals, and Hastega. Hoping to still get Ramza's Shout at some point though, it's too nice to give up on xD.

Here's the rest of my Keeper's Choice Pull:

Currently I'm using Rinoa as my caster with her Wishing Star SSB. Is Terra's Magitek Missile better than Wishing Star? If so, I am prepared to replaced her with Terra and break/level Terra to 80 right now. I have the MC2 Lodes and 5* Growth Eggs for it,
By Ciri Zireael 2016-09-29 09:08:31  
Wishing star and magiteck missles are the exact same potency. Missles are single target and wishing star is random, but it really doesn't make much difference, both are pretty awful by today's standard.
By Faelar 2016-10-02 00:29:02  
Would appreciate some advice on how to improve my party. I can reliably take on difficulty 120 content, but no higher. I *could* do the 160 stuff in the Dooms event if they didn't have soft time limits in the fight's mechanics, so I guess my problem there is not dealing high damage fast enough. What's the best way to improve my party? The equipment shown is after Optimize.

-Soul Breaks-
Beatrix: Rose of May, Seiken Stock Break
Y'sthola: Stoneskin II, Medica II
Cloud: Fenrir Overdrive
Rinoa: Wishing Star
Red XIII: Trine, Lunatic High

Other Soul Breaks I have access to:

I have access to all 4 of the Breakdowns, they could stand some honing though. I just swap them out as Mastery dictates.

I also have access to all the elemental spells (-aga's and/or -ja's) for mastery purposes as needed, and most of the Status Effect abilities. All of these could use 1 or 2 more hones, I'll admit.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-02 01:18:55  
Man, if you're not able to handle the 160's I sure don't have a chance, I only have about 4-5 80's still, lol. Was going to EXP dungeon and see if I could manage any before the event ended.

If I had to guess:

Get Full Break

And you need more attack buffs. I sadly don't have Rhamza's Shout, but I do have War Dance on Penelo, and those buffs are really solid for increasing damage against harder fights.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-10-02 02:11:18  
I think you're at the point where your success depends entirely on having attack buff + haste on the entire party. That's the easiest improvement you can make. Ramza is a god in this realm because Shout fulfills BOTH of these functions, but there are other options available to you. At the very least you want Hastega, if you can afford it, stick an attack buffer in there as well.

Your roaming warrior SB should be either Shout, Grimoire, or Stoneskin, and then remove all instances of that from your party. Make some friends with Ramzas!

One more thing: BSBs are really important since they essentially grant free abilities to your units. The single most restrictive aspect of this game is the number of ability slots you get. BSBs are game-changing because they essentially allow you to have 4 ability slots instead of just 2.

The rest of the advice is for even higher level (endgame) content, or if the above advice isn't enough.

I don't think Cloud needs a "Mog's Teachings" materia here, I usually reserve those for those with necessary buffs (Shout, Grimoire, Stoneskin come to mind). Using Mog's Teachings materia on DPS usually isn't totally worth it since it only affects the beginning of the fight, whereas a longer-lasting materia effect provides more damage over the course of the fight. Additionally, it's usually wise to save your DPS SBs for the last phases of the fight so you can zerg the boss down before he uses his most powerful skills on you.

Cloud could use either a sword attack materia or a SB charge materia. I also don't think you need two Dual Delay abilities for Cloud -- perhaps give him a Break ability?

What is Rinoa doing for you here? Having a single character ONLY doing DPS is limiting the overall potential of your party. IMO you should give her some kind of enfeebling / buffing ability in addition to a damaging ability. Also, maybe replacing her with a physical DPS would be good, since you should also be using a party-wide attack buff which doesn't affect magic users.

One last thing with Beatrix --- your sescond ability (I forget what it's called in global, in JP it's Zengiri, the AoE attack ability) can be replaced with something that gives Beatrix more utility, since usually you're not attacking multiple enemies at once in bosses. It's deadweight. If you're just fighting normal mobs, you shouldn't be using abilities either, besides healing when necessary.

My general philosophy at higher levels is that every character should be ABLE to contribute something besides raw damage. They should be flexible --- you know how terrible it is when your one dedicated healer doesn't have her charge yet after a huge AoE move.
As an example, I usually have my DPSes running some kind of break + soulsiphon and I alternate between the two every turn.

The rest is subjective, but I'll give you my personal strategy for clearing lv200 bosses:

Raw DPS / breaker / weakness exploiter (Bartz)
Raw DPS / breaker / weakness exploiter (Cloud)
Support / buffer / Full breaker (Ramza)
Healer 1 / Magic DPS (Selphie)
Healer 2 (Aeris)

Roaming Warrior: Stoneskin / Sentinel's Grimoire

I like this strat because each character has a somewhat unique role, but at the same time the entire operation doesn't fall apart if one person goes down (with the exception of Ramza). Additionally, in higher-tier battles, having two healers is a HUGE boon, even if one of them has medica, even at the expense of DPS.

This strat is able to clear almost every single challenge in the entirety of the JP version, barring the lv250 Nightmare battles and the Abyss dungeons obviously.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-02 08:27:46  
Cloud - Lifesiphon/Filler - Fenrir - Damage/SB Guage Boost RM
Basch - Lifesiphon/Filler - Apocalypse Shield - SB Guage Boost RM
Beatrix - Lifesiphon/Filler - Rose/Seiken - Damage/SB Guage Boost RM
Red XIII - Breakdown/Full Break - Lunatic High - Doctor Mog/Mako Might
Y'shtola - Curaga/ja/Shellga - Stoneskin II - Doctor Mog/Mako Might

For a start, anyway.

Eventually, 5* abilities are going to come into play and things change up quite a bit after that, because damage SBs aren't going to be AS important. In some cases, characters you lack SBs for entirely will be completely usable in U/U+ fights.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-10-05 15:48:31  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
Basch - Lifesiphon/Filler - Apocalypse Shield - SB Guage Boost RM
Beatrix - Lifesiphon/Filler - Rose/Seiken - Damage/SB Guage Boost RM
Red XIII - Breakdown/Full Break - Lunatic High - Doctor Mog/Mako Might

For a start, anyway.

Eventually, 5* abilities are going to come into play and things change up quite a bit after that, because damage SBs aren't going to be AS important. In some cases, characters you lack SBs for entirely will be completely usable in U/U+ fights.

Great advice, thanks!
I made 2 more Lifesiphon and got them both to R3. Just farming more Orbs now to improve everything. Daily Dungeon is the best place to get orbs, right?

My first goal off of that list above is to get the SB Gauge Boost RM, I think Tidus has 2 of them? He's lv80 now but they haven't dropped yet. After that I'll try to make Full Break. I have all the 4* Breakdowns.

Also I have been using Shout RM for everything for awhile now, each time it's come around in a Pull I've been unable to get it :/ If I happen to get it in the future, I would assume Ramza would take Basch's place on the above setup?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-05 16:11:50  
Ace Striker (Tidus) and Battleforged (Ramza) are the ones you'll want, as they apply to all abilities used.

High Scorer (Tidus) only applies to the basic attack command.

Ramza would replace Red XIII.

Hmmm. With Shout RW:
Quote:
Basch - Lifesiphon/Filler - Doctor Mog/Mako Might
Beatrix - Lifesiphon/Protectga - Rose/Seiken - Damage/SB Guage Boost RM
Faris - Breakdown/Full Break - Sea Lord Broadside - Damage/SB Guage Boost RM
Or Faris, in this instance.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2016-10-05 16:43:35  
Don't use Ace Striker on dps over weapon damage +, unless it's TG Cid with his OSB and Powerchain.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-05 16:49:26  
Don't use Ace Striker on dps over weapon damage +, unless it's TG Cid with his OSB and Powerchain.
For the likes of Sea Lord Broadside, Cleansing Strike or Highwind XIII, Ace Striker is a pretty great contender.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-05 18:15:45  
Tried looking at the FFRK subreddit but missed any post they had on the Mote dungeons. Not the phase ones (I'm 3/5 cleared those so far) but the other 4 star ones. Any tips for those? I don't have a whole lot of honed abilities but I can mostly setup all buffs/debuffs for a period, so looking for a decent setup for Ifrit and the sort.

To note, my best characters:

Rhamza (Hail of Stones / Tailwind, no shout -.-)
Penelo (war dance)
Vaan (Pyroclasm)
Zidane (Stellar Circle 5)
Ysh'Tola (Aetherial Pulse, Stoneskin II)
Bartz (Trueblade of Legend, 6* spellblade ability)
Main char with Keeper's Tome

Only 2 of those are even 80, so I have much leveling to do, but been doing okay with some of the other content so far. But I'd like to get more motes as they are open for me, so wondering what combo of abilities/buffs can let me take down those things. I'm not sure I have the hones to do magic on Ifrit, as I only have Chain Blizzaga, the 3 star ice spell (2 uses) and the 2 star ice spell (6 uses) and not many ice orbs since I've been using them on other abilities.
By Ciri Zireael 2016-10-06 01:35:50  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
For the likes of Sea Lord Broadside, Cleansing Strike or Highwind XIII, Ace Striker is a pretty great contender.

I specified dps for a reason. Supports or white mages (sometimes other mages) make good use of it.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2016-10-06 13:59:55  
Are we going to get MC3 lode from Ultimate+ of FF7 event?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-06 14:09:05  
Seems to be what was translated from the data-mining.
By fillerbunny9 2016-10-06 20:11:58  

I is winnar nao?

With reforging, does that allow for you to make an 8* item, or is it only good for items that begin at 4* or below?

*edit: nvm, I just need a pile of Dark Matter 5* -_-
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 159 160 161