Need Help With Credes' Virtual Reality Studio

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Need help with Credes' Virtual Reality Studio
Need help with Credes' Virtual Reality Studio
First Page 2
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-19 11:01:23  
I am wondering how can i install the virtual reality studio program or dose anyone have a much more updated one.

the one i am trying to install says something about an account and a password. I need the english program only.

I wanted to install it and play with the program to kill some time.

it looks like it is hard to get to understand and that sounds like a fun task for me.

so can someone please help me install this program or a more updated one?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-19 11:13:15  
You don't know how to install this software but you think you will be able to master how to use it..?

Also weren't you reprimanded for vague titles?
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-19 11:32:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You don't know how to install this software but you think you will be able to master how to use it..?

Also weren't you reprimanded for vague titles?
How is it a vague title?

the like 6 times i tryed to install it it said find a webpage with an account and password. I checked every were on the makers website and cant find any thing so no the title seems to fit just fine.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-19 11:35:51  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
How is it a vague title?
What she means is in the title you're asking how to install "this program" we don't really know what program you're talking about.

As for actual help, it may be something you have to set up an account for or subscribe to.

EDIT: Are you referring to Dormark's 3D Construction Kit?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-19 11:44:16  
Anna Ruthven said: »
How is it a vague title?
What she means is in the title you're asking how to install "this program" we don't really know what program you're talking about.

As for actual help, it may be something you have to set up an account for or subscribe to.
Ok i am not sure i can change the title can you change it for me please.

also do you mind doing some poking around on google for me seeing as i am coming up with nothing when i looked for that before my self. I thought of needing an account but found no way to make an account on the makers site.

unless someone can explain this please i know people on this forum have used this program before.

EDIT: as you asked this is what i am talking about
http://www.credes.com/us/product/80/download.html

this is a video that shows the program in work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbWO7bAQK8
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-19 11:46:09  
How is it a vague title?

also do you mind doing some poking around on google for me seeing as i am coming up with nothing when i looked for that before my self. I thought of needing an account but found no way to make an account on the makers site.

unless someone can explain this please i know people on this forum have used this program before.
On this site? You mean Altana Viewer?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-19 11:48:26  
Oh, I dunno. Maybe someone who does .dat mods can help you.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-19 11:50:38  
How is it a vague title?

On this site? You mean Altana Viewer?
No I got the Altana Viewer. that is one of 3 main programs i need and want to play with. i got Altana Viewer.

i need Virtual Reality Studio and Model Viewer. (this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIsq8Nt1UIE
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-19 11:51:29  
Oh, I dunno. Maybe someone who does .dat mods can help you.
Just for the record i am not going to use any dat mods i just want to see how much work it may take to make something someone may think is easy. I just have some time to kill so i wanted to play with this.
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-04-19 11:57:07  
Kawar I can tell you now you don't have the intelligence to understand or use VRS.
I'm not saying this to be an *** or to hurt your feelings, its the truth.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-20 05:55:15  
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Kawar I can tell you now you don't have the intelligence to understand or use VRS.
I'm not saying this to be an *** or to hurt your feelings, its the truth.
I am saying this now unless you have something to add to the topic do not post.

I am sick of when i am really asking for help people just post crap.

rather then posting what you did you could of tryed to help me fix my problem.
 Bahamut.Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-04-20 06:33:49  
Trust me, as someone who has used it quite a bit...it's beyond you.

If you insist on trying it you would be better off asking over at Neko-Sentai as the DAT community is relatively active.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-20 07:14:38  

If you insist on trying it you would be better off asking over at Neko-Sentai as the DAT community is relatively active.
Trust me your wrong and again ONLY USE FULL INFORMATION I hate to say it like this but just stop trolling if you got nothing to say to help the topic at hand about the problem just do not post.

why would i ask there i just want to get it installed and i would think someone here would know how to get it installed. just installed.

EDIT: if you have used it then tell me how to get it to install right.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-20 07:35:36  

Trust me your wrong and again ONLY USE FULL INFORMATION I hate to say it like this but just stop trolling if you got nothing to say to help the topic at hand about the problem just do not post.

why would i ask there i just want to get it installed and i would think someone here would know how to get it installed. just installed.

It is quite literally on the website you linked us...
http://www.credes.com/us/product/80/start.html

This is the page, look at step 3.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-20 07:37:06  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

It is quite literally on the website you linked us...
http://www.credes.com/us/product/80/start.html

This is the page, look at step 3.
How the hell did i not see that the like 5 times i looked at that page. thank you
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-20 07:54:32  
I got one more question how do i open a dat on VRS just to look at it i just do not know where the dats are.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-20 19:16:55  
I still need help with this program
i got the user name and password in and set up

but this video shows something in the tools tab but the program seems to not be working the same way as this guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbWO7bAQK8

can someone help me i am just trying to get to the page were it lets you link it with your final fantasy files.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-20 21:55:28  
You confuse "trolling" with telling you the cold hard truth.

he even went an extra step to tell you where to go for answers and you criticize him for it, I cannot face palm hard enough.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-21 19:33:18  
I got the dat library linked. can someone explain how i would just change the color of a hair dat mod? Do you all really think i should just ask on neko sentai. I also am not saying your not helping me. But it is hard to understand what is help and what is not any more on this site.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-21 20:22:24  
There is nothing not helpful in this thread, at least sans Kawar.

You probably will want to ask on the site dedicated for that type of stuff.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-04-21 23:11:33  
I got the dat library linked. can someone explain how i would just change the color of a hair dat mod? Do you all really think i should just ask on neko sentai. I also am not saying your not helping me. But it is hard to understand what is help and what is not any more on this site.
You don't want help. You want someone to tell you what to do, in order for you to do what you want, due to being unable/incapable/unwilling of understanding the material on your own (for various reasons). That's usually called being tutored, or being trained.

I'm sure somene will be happy to tutor you in whatever subject you want, if you offer sufficient incentive.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-21 23:33:35  
Working with VRS is definitely one of the hardest things you can do in FFXI modding, partly because the program was translated to broken English, and also because of little troubles like being unable to Undo at certain points. Also, it's a program designed for creating models and reworking animations, which you're not asking about.

If all you want to do is recolor hair, you'll only need ChangeTex, Photoshop, and the Photoshop .dds plugin. ChangeTex and the plugin are available here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1340
You're on your own for Photoshop though. When you have them all, just do the following:

1) Open the .dat in ChangeTex
2) Extract the texture as a .dds
3) Open the texture .dds file in Photoshop
4) Do your coloring thing
5) Save as the same format (.dds)
6) Import the new texture .dds in ChangeTex
7) Slap that dude into the proper folder to overwrite the old face model
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 06:54:13  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
You don't want help. You want someone to tell you what to do, in order for you to do what you want, due to being unable/incapable/unwilling of understanding the material on your own (for various reasons). That's usually called being tutored, or being trained.

I'm sure somene will be happy to tutor you in whatever subject you want, if you offer sufficient incentive.
no i was just missing something and i did not know what.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 06:57:18  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Working with VRS is definitely one of the hardest things you can do in FFXI modding, partly because the program was translated to broken English, and also because of little troubles like being unable to Undo at certain points. Also, it's a program designed for creating models and reworking animations, which you're not asking about.

If all you want to do is recolor hair, you'll only need ChangeTex, Photoshop, and the Photoshop .dds plugin. ChangeTex and the plugin are available here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1340
You're on your own for Photoshop though. When you have them all, just do the following:

1) Open the .dat in ChangeTex
2) Extract the texture as a .dds
3) Open the texture .dds file in Photoshop
4) Do your coloring thing
5) Save as the same format (.dds)
6) Import the new texture .dds in ChangeTex
7) Slap that dude into the proper folder to overwrite the old face model
can i ask you one more question. I cant remember but are there any long hair dats for something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=long+blonde+hair+final+fantasy+xi&biw=1348&bih=611&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Qow3VeLYJoj7sASU24C4BQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=long+blonde+hair+final+fantasy+xi+dat+mods&imgrc=eEC5P5EAobnwxM%253A%3B9E4qlLw1SZsqdM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%252F236x%252F14%252F4f%252F46%252F144f46bc4a5a10cdd24961947a9ffe86.jpg%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fcocomedina530%252Fhair%252F%3B236%3B402

i know there are some for a little shorter then that but i was wondering what the longest hair in the game is i cant remember honestly.
 Bahamut.Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-04-22 07:18:33  
....probably on Neko-Sentai.
 Odin.Tamoa
サーバ: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-04-22 07:49:22  

Only one I know of.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-22 11:56:42  
Long hair is a *** to animate, which is why you don't often see it in games (or at least not animated with extravagant detail). Also one of the reasons why bald/military haircuts are ever present in action-oriented games.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-22 12:39:01  
Long hair is a *** to animate, which is why you don't often see it in games (or at least not animated with extravagant detail). Also one of the reasons why bald/military haircuts are ever present in action-oriented games.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 15:12:33  
is there any flat hair like what i want that you know of?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-04-22 15:12:57  
Odin.Tamoa said: »

Only one I know of.
what are you using? where did you get it?
First Page 2