Masamune 119?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Masamune 119?
Masamune 119?
First Page 2
 Asura.Saprykin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-04-24 11:45:03  
Where does masamune stand these days? I know the hierarchy is Mythic -> Tsu then whatever else. But I'm just interested.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-24 11:52:48  
Right around here:

[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 11:57:59  
Outside of SOA, not needing additional accuracy, it might beat Tsu and Amano, unlikely to beat Koga.

Edit: Also, that avatar is *** awful.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
サーバ: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-04-24 12:04:27  
Unless you already have made 99 Masamune, I wouldn't bother. 1500 heavy metal plates and 60 riftcinders is quite the expensive task.

Edit: that's assuming you don't have millions of gil and nothing to spend it on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-24 12:09:24  
For what it would cost to build Masamune 119, you could probably just build Kogarasumaru.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-04-24 12:55:05  
But lets be serious, it looks the best out of the REM GKs. I rock it in /lockstyleset with the Usukane set.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 13:39:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
But lets be serious, it looks the best out of the REM GKs. I rock it in /lockstyleset with the Usukane set.

Let's be serious: that's a personal preference. (I don't mind it, but it certainly isn't my favorite.)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-04-24 13:47:27  
It's awesome for when you want your great katana to look nothing like a great katana
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-24 13:50:42  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
For what it would cost to build Masamune 119, you could probably just build Kogarasumaru.

QFT

Unless you have an unnatural love for the weapon or its already 99, definitely not with it.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-24 13:53:08  
best weapon hand down in game because it was used by Sephiroth in final fantasy 7 :P

If you have the gill to burn and want the achievement to be the top rated player in the server GET IT!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-04-24 13:54:00  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »

Let's be serious: that's a personal preference. (I don't mind it, but it certainly isn't my favorite.)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Amano is great but a toothpick, especially on Elvaans. Koga has a nice handle and the blade length is nice but the look is nothing to write home about.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 13:54:42  
Masa looks like it belongs in WoW. Not FFXI. Too cartoony for me.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-24 14:46:49  
Masa looks like it belongs in WoW. Not FFXI. Too cartoony for me.

I like the way it looks, but it's definitely a departure from the normal ascetic of the game.
By lhova 2015-04-24 15:16:26  
Can anyone actually answer the question? I know there has to be someone out there who is Sam hardcore that 119 Masa, I'm actually curious myself how it would stand up against the rest. And I also agree it looks the best to me as well.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 15:17:42  
lhova said: »
Can anyone actually answer the question? I know there has to be someone out there who is Sam hardcore that 119 Masa, I'm actually curious myself how it would stand up against the rest. And I also agree it looks the best to me as well.

Outside of SOA, not needing additional accuracy, it might beat Tsu and Amano, unlikely to beat Koga.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 15:18:33  
Or, to put it briefly, the answer to your question is, "meh".

Otherwise, read the threads. This ***gets discussed to death.
[+]
By lhova 2015-04-24 15:30:25  

Do you have a 119 Masa?
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-04-24 15:37:32  
I have 119 Masamune. I never use it - then again, I also have Koga.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-24 15:37:43  
Why does someone need to own something to know the math behind it?

Anyway, the argument for is basically: If you're going to spam Fudo, Masamune gives you a real benefit from that, with aftermath. It still doesn't beat mythic aftermath, but it's not nothing, and if you don't need accuracy from the weapon it'll probably beat anything that isn't Kogarasumaru (nothing, repeat NOTHING, trumps mythic aftermath if you can maintain it, and SAM is very very good at maintaining AM)

Argument against: given HMP/Rift prices, you're going to spend about twice what you'd spend for Kogarasumaru, for a weapon that isn't as good.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-24 15:37:52  
One of my ls members has Masa 119 and he gets sad when i beat him with Tsuru in Delve.
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-04-24 15:39:00  

Do you have a 119 Masa?

Don't need a 119 to be able to do relevant math on sheets.

Edit: was beat to it by rooks.
[+]
By lhova 2015-04-24 15:51:07  
Bismarck.Gippali said: »

Do you have a 119 Masa?

I never said you need to own one to state an opinion or "fact" about Masa, but it would be nice to hear from someone who owns both so that they can give first hand information versus just relying on a spreadsheet. Sometimes people trust experience over theories.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-24 16:02:26  

Do you have a 119 Masa?

I never said you need to own one to state an opinion or "fact" about Masa, but it would be nice to hear from someone who owns both so that they can give first hand information versus just relying on a spreadsheet. Sometimes people trust experience over theories.

And some people like relying on proven data, and not eyeballed results.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-24 16:03:04  
The issue with relying on experience or first-hand accounts is that you do not know the levels of skill or gear involved with the player. Simply having a REM does not mean that they will immediately be superior to others. I've wiped the floor with Masa/Amano/Koga SAMs with nothing but Tsuru. Does that mean that Tsuru is better than all of them? No, not necessarily. There are a myriad of other factors involved in those situations. The reason that people enjoy spreadsheets is that you can compare pieces of equipment in controlled environments, sans individual skill, to get a more objective view of which pieces are superior.

To be fair, Masamune is not a bad weapon. It's just bad in comparison to Koga, particularly because it costs so much more.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-04-24 16:05:25  
Actually you did imply that in order to give information on this subject, you would need to have a 119 masa in your possession. So your asking for parse information or eyeballed numbers? Experience over a theory is a nice idea...unless your experience is incorrect.
[+]
By lhova 2015-04-24 16:09:28  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Do you have a 119 Masa?

And some people like relying on proven data, and not eyeballed results.

Using spreadsheets does get you closer to the answer but it is not the end all. Also none of you have expressed the actual difference other than Koga rules everything. While I agree Koga is probably the superior weapon in all scenario's I don't know how much it is better than Masa. 1%, 5% 10% better, etc.

Even though Koga may be better and more cost efficient there could be players still considering getting it because for whatever reason they enjoy that weapon more or maybe their progress on it currently makes it better.

I figure if the OP could have simply spreadsheeted the weapons he wouldn't have posted the question to begin with.
By lhova 2015-04-24 16:12:24  
Actually you did imply that in order to give information on this subject, you would need to have a 119 masa in your possession. So your asking for parse information or eyeballed numbers? Experience over a theory is a nice idea...unless your experience is incorrect.

i never implied that, I just asked if anyone out there had a 119 Masa I would like to know their opinion. Not just people that have never used it and just threw it in the spreadsheet. I wanted to increase the information pool not limit it.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 16:17:04  
there could be players still considering getting it because for whatever reason they enjoy that weapon more or maybe their progress on it currently makes it better

If that's the situation and you want it, then just *** make it.

You're talking to a Death Penalty owner. There's nothing wrong with putting the effort into a weapon as long as it's something you want. If it enriches your gaming experience, do it.

But don't go digging for justification in numbers and parses if you're just going to get upset when people tell you what's up because it's practically common knowledge. What you're looking for isn't to "broaden your information base". You're look for justifications or anecdotal evidence to back up a desirable conclusion.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-24 16:23:03  
It sounds like you've already made up your mind and are looking for support. No, masamune is not worth taking to a 119 unless it's already 99. As far as the hierarchy, koga is top, with tsuru and amano trading off for 2nd depending on ionis and accuracy needs. Masamune is a very close 3rd in most situations. So, go ahead and make it, use it, love it... Just don't expect people to deny its a very poor cost/reward decision.
[+]
By lhova 2015-04-24 16:23:36  
there could be players still considering getting it because for whatever reason they enjoy that weapon more or maybe their progress on it currently makes it better

If that's the situation and you want it, then just *** make it.

You're talking to a Death Penalty owner. There's nothing wrong with putting the effort into a weapon as long as it's something you want. If it enriches your gaming experience, do it.

But don't go digging for justification in numbers and parses if you're just going to get upset when people tell you what's up because it's practically common knowledge. What you're looking for isn't to "broaden your information base". You're look for justifications or anecdotal evidence to back up a desirable conclusion.

No I'm not and I never said I was going to make a 119 Masa. I have no interest in it and that wasn't the point. Can you read or better yet can you comprehend? I never disputed that Koga was better than Masa. I asked if anyone that owned one could share their opinion. I never said that spreadsheets were terrible or false, I said that I don't believe they give 100% of the story. I also asked "how much better" was a Koga over a Masa, which should be a fair question to those who use a spreadsheet.

So I don't know what your issue is or how based on what I said you could tell me I was looking for justification to make anything. So just relax bro...
First Page 2