フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 4 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-22 02:39:13  
There's plenty of nice Offhand options, which one is better depends on what you mainhand, your gear, your buffs, your targer, the WS you're using.
Some noticeable options that come to mind, but there are many more:

Aeneas => This may sound crazy, but it's actually a nice option if you're building up a STP specifc set

Blurred+1 => Some accuracy, OA, nuff said.

Ternion Dagger+1 => lowest delay dagger, TA for both hands, +27 accuracy, some useless (?) AGI, only 228 skill

Taming Sari (cap) => A shitton of base stats, acc, att, TA, TH! lol

If you don't wanna get a headache and want an all around option that's gonna perform very well regardless of your setup/situation, the answer is Perf Taming Sari, period.
Sari isn't BiS in all possible situations, but it's BiS in many and it's a pretty good option in everything else.
By OmniKroe 2017-05-22 09:12:56  
In the case that i have an aeneas, i believe it was you that said this, I should really just mainhand that and use rudra's. As it will basically just send carn/mordant to the gutter everytime.

Unfortunately i wont have an aeneas. Well i do, but not the dagger.

I guess i will continue to farm SR for perfect stat options and in the meantime rock my blurred +1.

Thanks
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-22 16:53:43  
OmniKroe said: »
In the case that i have an aeneas, i believe it was you that said this, I should really just mainhand that and use rudra's. As it will basically just send carn/mordant to the gutter everytime.
Not every time, just any time where it's not viable to get to 3k tp and set up AM3 on Carn.
That's sometimes quite viable, some other times it's not. Up to you to judge of course.
In all those situations Aeneas MH and Rudra spam tends to be the best option, over Carn.

For such a setup Twashtar is likely a very good (best?) OH option.

Quote:
I guess i will continue to farm SR for perfect stat options and in the meantime rock my blurred +1.
I don't have a perf Sari myself, alas. SR not being nice with me in that regard!

Blurred+1 is a nice option anyway :)
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-05-22 18:25:31  
anyone have an up to date lua they are willing to share?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-27 19:26:04  
Does anybody actually have a Linos with DA +3%?
I've used, just this month, over 31 stacks of leafslit stones +2, seen every other single capped aug but no trace of DA+3.
Is it a mistake in Jeanpaul's guide or does it really exist?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-27 19:32:49  
Yes, I still have it (from the last time you asked this). I am sitting at 20 Acc, 3% DA, and 3% QA.

I think Linos augmenting is messed up somehow on the high end. It took me something like 30 Snowslit +2 stones to see my first augment with >15 potency.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-27 19:32:58  
It exists, except I couldn't keep it/share a screenshot since I got it on my WSD Linos. I also got a 3% WSD on my TP Linos. Still stuck at 2 DA and 2 WSD. <.<
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-27 19:49:17  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Yes, I still have it (from the last time you asked this). I am sitting at 20 Acc, 3% DA, and 3% QA.

I think Linos augmenting is messed up somehow on the high end. It took me something like 30 Snowslit +2 stones to see my first augment with >15 potency.
I've seen 1x 18 acc, 1x 19 acc 1x 20 acc, currently sitting on a 13acc/att.
My goal was to get 15acc/att which is the cap but I kinda regret not accepting the +20 acc.

I dunno what's wrong with Leafstones on Linos :( I'm short of 400 +2 stones just this month and no trace of DA+3 on an Augment that only has three possible outcomes.
How exactely big are the chances of that to happen, seriously? >_>

Oh well, anyway it *does* exist, guess I need to keep trying, no use whining.
By aigulfe 2017-05-27 20:34:40  
I've had similar issues with snowtip/dim +2s on telchine. Thrown maybe 160ish stones at my telchine to try get magic evasion... seen a total of 3 MEva augs. Not only that, but I tossed 28 snowtips at the telchine body yesterday and couldn't get ANYTHING AT ALL apart from evasion or ranged stats. No accuracy, no attack, no defense, no magic acc or MAB, no MEva. It does feel kinda broken. That o the aug % is like evasion 48%, ranged stuff 48%, everything else 4%.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-31 14:47:14  
Could it be that +2 leaf stones on Linos are "broken" for whatever reason?
Did you guys who own a DA+3 on Linos get it through +2 stones or through +1 stones? Supposing you even remember of course.

From my previous post I've thrown two more stacks of Leafslit stones +2 and no trace of DA+3, I see a lot of capped augs, just can't seem to get DA above +2. This seems way too strange, we're talking about what starts being quite a large sample here, there has to be something off...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-31 14:49:14  
I made mine more than 2 years ago, so I don't remember for sure. However, I almost always use +2 stones on everything.

I think that stone augments on Linos are generally broken. Maybe buy up a few and save them for the upcoming enhanced skirmish stone campaign? Perhaps it will help you.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-31 14:52:51  
Don't remember either, but personally I've experienced lower average augment quality on weapons than armor in general.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-05-31 15:00:51  
Linos is the only "weapon" that I've seriously augmented, so I can't comment on that.

Well, minus Svallin for occasionally quickens, but that hardly counts.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-31 15:10:48  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Don't remember either, but personally I've experienced lower average augment quality on weapons than armor in general.
I noticed this too, but the situation I'm experiencing with Leaf slot on Linos is preposterous and beyond that honestly. If I consider all the stones I've been spending over the past year(s) it's gotta be a very very very large amount of stacks...

Byrth I don't think the Skirmish Aug campaign OFFICIALLY affects Alluvion skirmish gear, but still your idea is worth trying I guess, nothing to lose from that, so thanks!
By cuddlyhamster 2017-06-09 20:12:09  
Is the front page information about instrument choices for Weaponskills still the best option?

For Rudra
Linos: Attack+20, Weapon skill damage+3%, STR+6 DEX+6

For Evis
Linos: Accuracy+20, Critical hit damage+3%, STR+6 DEX+6
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-12 17:47:18  
So Byrth and Llew, you guys weren't messing with me, you really have DA+3 on your Linos, right? Honest?

Traded 3 more stacks of +2, 5 stacks of NQ, 3 stacks (and some more) of +1, and while I've seen some maxed stat even with NQ stones, no trace of DA+3.
I've actually seen DA+1 with +2 stones aplenty!

:(
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-13 22:49:25  
idk what to tell you:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Loughry
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2017-06-14 00:48:06  
Wow that's nice.

:)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-14 02:21:59  
I hate my life -.-
I'm starting to get clsoe to have spent on this Linos as much as you do on a RMEA, this is insane...
Someone cursna me plz.

Thanks Byrth for posting it :'(
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-06-14 08:14:05  
Until you realize you have a spot of dirt on your screen at the exact position of the augment that makes 3 look like 2
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-06-14 08:22:07  
I have the same thing as Byrth, literally took me less than 10 tries, so thats just plain bad RNG luck. :(

I have songs +2 though instead of DA+3 because I am a terrible person and don't have Ghorn.

**Edit: Had DA, but removed it for song+ since I am using my BRD a bit more now.
By tyalangan 2017-06-14 09:22:10  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
I have the same thing as Byrth, literally took me less than 10 tries, so thats just plain bad RNG luck. :(

I have songs +2 though instead of DA+3 because I am a terrible person and don't have Ghorn.

**Edit: Had DA, but removed it for song+ since I am using my BRD a bit more now.

Eminent Flute if you want to turn your linos back into a DD flute
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-14 09:26:22  
got mine from leaf+2 relatively recently, was posting with the same issues, rate is just ***
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-05 12:40:56  
26 +2 stones and 5 stacks of +1 stones after I finally got a +3 DA!
It was with a +1 stone.
I think +2 Leafslit stones on Linos are just broken or something for DA I swear >.>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-21 01:45:53  
Received some accidentally interesting augments on my DM Refresh+2 Chironic Head.
Basically some ***but also Acc/Att+10 and TA+3%.
In my default non-acc set I still TP with Highwing Helm. Wonder if I should change that for this new Chironic?

It would basically be:

Acc+25, Att+10, TA+1%

vs

Att+20, DA+3%

Well the Acc on Chironic is a bit less after you factor the 10DEX difference, and the Att on Highwing is more after you factor the 10STR difference, but we're more or less around that.
The fact that Chironic has less Haste than Highwing is irrelevant for me since in my non-acc set I use Jokushu Haidate.
Defensive-wise Highwing provides a bit more VIT/Def/HP (and some annoying enmity) whereas Chironic offers a good amount of additional MDB, Meva and MDT.

Dunno, I think in the end they will probably come up pretty close to each other, and if I'm riding Carn's AM3 I should probably be using Ayanmo anyway.
Kinda leaning towards Chironic though. Other opinions?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Longsnake
user: Longsnake
By Asura.Longsnake 2017-10-17 18:27:03  
I +2'd my Ayanmo body and feet for a start, those seem to be the mainstays of the Ayanmo set for DPS, though 5/5 seems to be BiS for high acc or DT situations.

Are people capping Dual Wield when /DNC? Eabani + Yotai is the best case scenario /NIN and puts you squarely at 11. Is it simply not worth it from a DPS standpoint to find that extra 10 DW missing from /DNC?
 Bahamut.Baozzer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-10-17 18:46:23  
I use Battlecast gaiters for my BRD so I don't normally use the Ayanmo feet. When we do WoC I melee w/ 97% ACC. I prob would have +2 the head and body first. When I'm not needed to /whm I melee everything w/ /NIN and use Yotai and Eabani Earring. It's just better imo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-18 01:22:37  
You can get Dualwield on Chironic with Dark Matter augs.
Or there's Haverton Ring + Suppanomimi.
When you're /DNC you can also ride Haste Samba (supposing there's no DNC in your party) for ~5%/~10% JA haste.

In all honesty though the most realistic option you have to cap DW with /DNC is Ambuscade Cape with DW+10 Augs, paired with Reiki Yotai and Eabani Earring for 21% which should be more or less what you need to cap attack delay with /DNC without having to rely on Haste Samba.

If you have inventory space and are feeling pretty dedicated to the /DNC cause there's that.
It's especially good if you want to ride on Carnwenhan's AM3 because DA gets pretty much devaluated (or rather it devaluates your AM3, whichever way you prefer to see it) when it's up.

Carn's AM3 is still good for those situations where you can reliably get 3k TP before you engage. Can't think of many anymore. I'm unbeliavbly biased towards Carn AM3+Mordant Spam, but I gotta admit lately I find myself riding Aeneas MH 99,9% of the times and spammign Rudra :(

But yeah, if you wanna go the Carn way then STP/DW in your gear might produce better results than multiattack in your gearslots.

Btw don't forget that in November, in theory, we're getting Relic armor updates! That means Bihu Body +3 nomnomnom! Wonder how it's gonna fare against stuff like Ashera Harness.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-18 01:23:55  
Also going back to your original question: YES I believe Body and Feet are the best slots to upgrade first, it's what I did myself.
Next month I'm gonna do head and legs probably.

The problem with head alone is its low haste value, which kinda means you either use Jokushu Haidate or Ayanmo legs (both have higher than usual haste values) to cap haste, or you're ***.
 Asura.Longsnake
user: Longsnake
By Asura.Longsnake 2017-10-19 16:28:57  
I agree that /NIN is far superior for DPS situations where one can swing it. I find that I get to DD on BRD most often in Omen though, and /DNC just adds so much functionality for JAs that I end up /DNC more often than not.

Good look on the cape, I hadn't thought of that especially for AM3. I'm fairly certain that Aeneas/Twash is going to be BiS for pure DPS though.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 41 42 43