users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Currency Crash
Dynamis Currency Crash
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-05-14 10:19:43  
See a guy unloading all his currency, about 50,000 pieces at 66% yesterday's market price cause he is panicking. This is how the Great Depression started people!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-14 10:30:13  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-05-14 10:45:01  
I have been attempting to work on gil for Idris and literally sold the last of my hundreds the other day, so glad they sold before all this.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-14 10:47:50  
Dynamis currency is basically done as a regular source of income but Alexandrite demand is going to explode. Unlimited Salvage won't be able to meet it.
[+]
 Asura.Raanan
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Raanan 2015-05-14 10:49:41  
Price of Alex has already taken a dive... Unlimited salvage will see if crash to a pointless value
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-14 10:51:46  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Dynamis currency is basically done as a regular source of income but Alexandrite demand is going to explode. Unlimited Salvage won't be able to meet it.
Why are currencies done? What was announced? Unlimited Dyna like Salvage?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-05-14 10:52:42  
Even better, no wait time. Can re-enter Dynamis immediately.
 Cerberus.Leires
user: Shadowkun
By Cerberus.Leires 2015-05-14 10:55:54  
It's a matter of supply and demand. How many people will this drive to finally make Mythics? It's hard to tell, but I imagine news of this will bring and inspire new people to aim for mythics. With the additional bank space people will be able to store alex easier too if they're not yet at the stage to turn it in.

It's up in the air and hard to predict. But since supply and demand will both increase, we're likely to see an increase in price.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-14 11:03:57  
this will make farming multiple adls for marrows per run a bit more tricky since the bijou dropping NMs will be possibly more contested.
If marrow price bottoms out someone always buys them up for afterglowing so there is always some kind of market there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-14 11:05:43  
Certainly the difference between Dynamis and Salvage currency is that the demand for currency from relic builders is outweighed by the supply whereas, with alex, the demand far outstripped the supply.

I'd imagine a slight price drop, but probably nothing more than 500-1k per alex.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-14 11:16:09  
I still can't see why people think an increase in supply will increase prices. It makes no economic sense.
[+]
 Asura.Raanan
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Raanan 2015-05-14 11:16:34  
Go check Alexandrite on Asura and tell me theres demand>supply there.. There's alex everywhere on the server and people are consntantly undercutting to get theirs sold..
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 11:18:39  
The real question is: who in their right mind would want to do dyna for hours on end everyday!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-14 11:18:43  
Alex prices crashed today because as of right now, 5/14/2015, the only people buying it are the ones who'd already started mythics. Give it a week.

Dynamis currency is done because there's no point to any relic other than Gjallarhorn or Aegis. On the other hand, every player in the game could use as many mythics as she has jobs to put them on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-14 11:23:37  
Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
Even better, no wait time. Can re-enter Dynamis immediately.
This is *** great. I just came back and didn't have the motivation to reactivate all my characters to spam Dyna like I used to, yet I'm trying to complete a few last relics I had started.

Cerberus.Leires said: »
It's a matter of supply and demand. How many people will this drive to finally make Mythics? It's hard to tell, but I imagine news of this will bring and inspire new people to aim for mythics. With the additional bank space people will be able to store alex easier too if they're not yet at the stage to turn it in.

It's up in the air and hard to predict. But since supply and demand will both increase, we're likely to see an increase in price.
I was considering properly doing Koga after the next relic but given the situation, I can do both at once.

I think it's a good thing as it will allow people to properly explore everything the game has to offer.
I think the inspiration and motivation is huge. So many people around me who were "unsure" because the task would "take a really long time".

Did they announce an adjustment of the Empyreans 95 and 99 to go with that? They're the only other thing that isn't properly balanced given the game's state.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-14 11:26:23  
More KIs are coming out in future updates. I suspect they might address the Empy/Ergon discrepancy soon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-14 11:26:24  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The real question is: who in their right mind would want to do dyna for hours on end everyday!
I would if it means finishing a couple relics within a couple week instead of a couple months.

I can't do Alluvion, Vagary and merit fights whenever I want to, so it's a good thing if I can just spend those X free hours farming dyna and getting closer to finishing one of those stage 4s I'm on.

Then I'll happily do the ToMs for each of them.

It's seriously a very good news in my book. Time is a currency I'm rich of.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-14 11:26:41  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I still can't see why people think an increase in supply will increase prices. It makes no economic sense.

Yeah. Prices are going to drop, and hard. On Sylph, I bought about 1k alex at 5k this week. And bought some for 6k. There's a lot of alex on the market, maybe not at a given time of day when someone has gone on a buying spree, but overall supply is large, and is about to grow astronomically.

I expect alex to be around 3k when this is all said and done.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-05-14 11:26:53  
HMPs, cinder, and dross can't be addressed this way, since they aren't time-gated in any meaningful way.

The only way to handle that is to just throw the mats on a curio moogle, which is maybe what SE has in mind for a future Rhapsody KI.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-05-14 11:40:03  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Yeah. Prices are going to drop, and hard. On Sylph, I bought about 1k alex at 5k this week. And bought some for 6k. There's a lot of alex on the market, maybe not at a given time of day when someone has gone on a buying spree, but overall supply is large, and is about to grow astronomically.

I expect alex to be around 3k when this is all said and done.

i doubt it will ever hit 3k, but you never know. But then no one will farm it, and the rest of the mythic making process is so easy now that demand will still be high...

yes, alex is easier to get now, there will be more farmed, supply will go up. But a lot of people are underestimating how much infinite tags is going to make demand go up.
By Dukenukem 2015-05-14 11:46:24  
I just realised that because of this update I could do a 1 hour Dyna and not feel like I'm wasting a run because I can come back later and still be able to go.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-05-14 11:51:38  
Just last week I sold 50 Montionts for 900k each, month before that, bought 2 stacks of Monti's for 58m each stack, I'd say I got rid of all of them just in time! LMAO. I really feel bad for the guy that bought the monti's just last week for 900k each, and the guy before that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-14 11:56:17  
Has it been confirmed that Arrapago is still a once a day zone?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-14 11:56:38  
I bought them for 520k the past few days. I don't really mind though, not like my money goes into anything else.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-05-14 12:00:15  
Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Just last week I sold 50 Montionts for 900k each, month before that, bought 2 stacks of Monti's for 58m each stack, I'd say I got rid of all of them just in time! LMAO. I really feel bad for the guy that bought the monti's just last week for 900k each, and the guy before that.

If feel that bad should refund some gil lol
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-14 12:02:41  
Has it been confirmed that Arrapago is still a once a day zone?

Good question - although with just a 1 hour cool down, I'd run through Bhaflau Remnants no problem.

Btw, is it posted somewhere how to obtain the Rhapsody in Azure KI? (other than the vague "progress through the missions" response)
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2015-05-14 12:23:30  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Yeah. Prices are going to drop, and hard. On Sylph, I bought about 1k alex at 5k this week. And bought some for 6k. There's a lot of alex on the market, maybe not at a given time of day when someone has gone on a buying spree, but overall supply is large, and is about to grow astronomically. I expect alex to be around 3k when this is all said and done.

I can't see prices dropping that much. It still requires people are willing to farm and sell it for 3k. If you could farm 120 alex in 30 minutes and sell it for 360k, would you do that, or would you find something else to do for more money? When you look at it as though people are sitting there waiting for the remnants permit to farm more, suddenly it becomes 360k for an hour.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-05-14 12:37:11  
Haha, farm alex @3k.. probably not.
First Page 2 3