FFXIV Character Name Not Updating

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV character name not updating
FFXIV character name not updating
By ffxivid 2015-06-04 14:22:18  
So I've change an alt's name six months ago, but here on ffxivpro it hasn't been updated to the new name. Is there a way to fix this to make it current, or can I even hide the old name? I just don't want to be associated with the old name any more. Every time I google search, my old name pops up here on ffxivpro.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-04 14:24:57  
ffxivid said: »
So I've change an alt's name six months ago, but here on ffxivpro it hasn't been updated to the new name. Is there a way to fix this to make it current, or can I even hide the old name? I just don't want to be associated with the old name any more. Every time I google search, my old name pops up here on ffxivpro.
It will be treated as a new character in the database, relink to the character under the new name, then you can hide the old name.
サーバ: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Yomi Kaenbu 2015-06-04 15:03:39  
Anna Ruthven said: »
It will be treated as a new character in the database, relink to the character under the new name, then you can hide the old name.

That ain't happening, I've relinked many many times under the new name, it'll keep coming back to Kira Samishii despite my new name being Anzu Sendou. This is due to the fact that if I wanted the updated name, I'd have to make an entirely new website account, due to the prior character being the same despite the name ot being the same. Go ahead and click on my name, it'll say my character no longer exists in the database.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-04 15:07:33  
Kira Samishii said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

That ain't happening, I've relinked many many times under the new name, it'll keep coming back to Kira Samishii despite my new name being Anzu Sendou. This is due to the fact that if I wanted the updated name, I'd have to make an entirely new website account, due to the prior character being the same despite the name ot being the same. Go ahead and click on my name, it'll say my character no longer exists in the database.
I noticed this a few days ago on you, meant to ask. Probably a glitch.