How To Pay For Idris?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » How to pay for Idris?
How to pay for Idris?
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-06 22:44:12  
Idris forgives a lot of sins. It makes killing high level content very easy and means that the rest of your group doesn't have to have the best gear to be able to do stuff. It really enhances the potency for reducing enemy evasion, defense, m eva, and m def.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-07-06 23:30:57  
Asura.Tonn said: »
Wats so good about idris seems like a big project to keep ppl playing.

It's as Hoshiku said. The one thing to note is that Bolster + Idris is game breaking especially when 2 Idris Geos are present. You also become Geo4lyfe.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2015-07-07 14:57:13  
if it helps the "group" so much then perhaps they should help you make it
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 15:45:15  
This may sound like a derp answer, but payin for it isn't even half the problem....its finding enough HQPB to buy even if you had all the gil in the world would still take months.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-07 16:18:05  
There has always been a supply issue - especially now that they're actively banning those reive bots who used to farm HPB 24/7.
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 16:26:58  
Wish the banning of the revive bots wasn't so selective, ive seen the same people there 24/7 for months and ive seen tons of posts of people banned for it ;-/
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-07-16 12:43:49  
dustinfoley said: »
For skirmish to be good you need you + 5 mules, zone in get the noetic, zone out, x6. GO back to town, get 6x more, etc etc. You also need to farm lairs/collonizations to get your own skirmish parts, once you start buying skirmish pieces with gil, you loose the efficency.

Doing this with my brother +2 mules we could get a pretty decent chunk in raznkar in a pretty small amount of time.

I don't think this works when you compare the price of H-P Bayld to Faithful Legs. For example, the price of H-P Bayld is 30k on server, but Legs I is 30k in itself. You only get 5000 or 5500 bayld with a Legs I.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-16 12:58:29  
You get 5500 bayld x 6 per run with a legs 1 (plus a torso 1 and a head 1). On your server though prices of yorcia visage 1 and stacks of legs 1 are insane so it's probably not cheaper.

Back when I did this you could buy a stack of sets for 240k (cheaper if you could find a reive bot - they wanted to offload the I's as fast as possible). 12 runs generated 39.6 hp bayld for a savings of 948k vs straight up buying them at 30k a pop. At the moment on Asura 12 sets would cost you 700k so prices have gone up a bit here too.

Looking at the price of parts on Bismarck I am tempted to transfer a mule there cause I still have a ton of leftover parts!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-08-21 10:16:07  
Just an update here. I'm at @3640 h-p bayld remaining now, but I think salvage bhaflau spam is the best for me to finish since I can do it solo, finish in 30-40 minutes on BST, and spam it. Can make around 800k-1 mil at 8k each in about 40 mins of work, guaranteed. Some people say VW is good money with the prices going up since campaign is not going on now, but meh. VW drop rates suck.

I tried WKR but too hard to find people this campaign. Most people on my server finished, which means no spam and no people to help. Solo WKR sucks for bayld too since I believe you need fast kills to make good progress with the guaranteed 2 that drop (1 single, 1 from runje trades).
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-24 12:22:45  
Can do some unities. Some of those pop items are like 100 to 200k now for people to pop Eschan ru aun NMs
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-08-29 10:13:51  
I got my Idris finally. Thanks to a lot of people on Bismarck for selling me H-P and giving me some for free. I just did a lot of salvage (sometimes 10 runs a day) and WKR yells to finish.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2016-01-01 13:50:20  
Necro Bumping and hi-jacking this thread. I just started my quest this morning and didn't want to create a brand new one, but my question is pretty much the same. Just wanted to get some sound advice on a few things I'm considering. I've read through some of the comments and I'm trying to figure out what'd be more efficient to do as a player who doesn't use multiple accounts.

Coalition Assignments for Bayld - I can only get 4 Imprimaturs per day, if I use 3 each time to complete the simplest Courier Legend assignment, I'll get 10,800 bayld as a reward. In over the span of a year, that'd be roughly 5250,000. In other words, about 525 HPB throughout the entire year.

Giving items to Runje Desaali - I just turned in a ton of horded gear I had laying around that I never got rid of. This included old Eminent gear and old Wildskeeper gear. In November there was a Wildskeeper campaign that granted 4 HPB per win, along with a reduced Entry Key Item cost. If they do that again, I could spam those out and get bayld for junk items.

Giving items to A.M.A.N. Reclaimer - Same thing again similarly to trading items for bayld, except that I get Copper Vouchers instead for a stupid exchange rate. (Rounding down, essentially 1 voucher every 2 items.) Although I can trade in items from Unity Wanted Battles, Geas Fete, Domain Invasion, and Sinister Reign, I can also trade in Skirmish and Delve items as well. Due to scarcity of Ghastly, Verdigris, and Wailing stones, trading in vouchers for Obsidian Fragments is the first most efficient option. I'm contemplating progressively use the remainder of any vouchers for Bayld, cumulatively I couldn't predict how many I'll receive, but I could also trade for another in game currency, just not sure what'll be a better option.

Records of Eminence Sparks - Here's a painful one if not done right, all Eminent gear can be turned in for Bayld, but it'd come at a 20% exchange rate, basically 20k Bayld for capped Sparks. 20 HPB. Or I could tediously trade Vendor Bait and get up to 1mil gil. If I purchase between 30k to 40k, I'll be able to buy between 25HPB to 33HPB.

And then many of these still apply. I did many of these when I was working on my Nirvana. #8 in particular is the best tip.
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
1) Salvage - daily. Can be soloed and only takes 30 minutes a day.
2) Sparks. 50000 sparks = 500k gil. Just buy the lvl 70ish spark equipment, NPC them for gil. All the spark equipment has the exact same gil/spark conversion ratio.
3) Dynamis. A focused dynamis solo run can yield 500 coins.
4) Delve. Plasma - sell AirLixir+2 or relic upgrade items.
5) Unity. Bazaar the upgrade items for various pieces of equipment.
6) Login campaigns. If you have mules, log them all in, every day. Use the points to buy the wailing stone+2, or whatever the best item is at the moment for the points.
7) Skirmish upgrade stones. Wailing Stones, and all of the dusk, snow, and leaf stones are extremely popular at the moment. Farm the new & old skirmish for these - sell the stones. Upgrade your equipment later when prices have dropped.
8) This next part is for people building a Relic, Mythic, Empy 119. Stop buying new shiny items while you are building your weapon. As your gil starts to pile up, its tempting to buy that Windbuffet Belt +1 (as an example), its only 3M. Don't do it. Treat yourself to it *after* you finish your R/M/E.

So aside from any of that, do you guys have any major recommendations not covered? Most of the things I do will have to be solo or whenever I can manage to find or set up small group events.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-01 14:25:30  
Vagary crafting mats and Reisenjima stones sell very well. About an hour in Reisen solo nets me around 5-6m.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-01 15:17:07  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Vagary crafting mats and Reisenjima stones sell very well. About an hour in Reisen solo nets me around 5-6m.

50-60 stacks in 1 hour? o.O Even if you farm that many stones in 1 hour, I would like to know how you could find enough inventory space and sell all of them before you would do another 1 hour farm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2016-01-01 15:26:42  
Hmm, that's true. I'm guessing you don't pop frayed sacks til you're about to sell them. I've just gotta figure out which NM I could possibly spam on my current jobs.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-01 15:36:34  
I just keep them all as sacks, open as many as necessary to make 7 stacks, pop those up on the AH and go back out. Or do something else because stone farming is horrendously boring.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-01-01 16:21:00  
Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Coalition Assignments for Bayld - I can only get 4 Imprimaturs per day, if I use 3 each time to complete the simplest Courier Legend assignment, I'll get 10,800 bayld as a reward. In over the span of a year, that'd be roughly 5250,000. In other words, about 525 HPB throughout the entire year.

Don't use 3 imprimaturs at a time - that's a huge loss of bayld. With that being said now that they've nerfed couriers coalition your best bet is legend in mummers. Behavioral research in Kamihr will net you 8,000 bayld per imprimatur. That's 1,168 HP Bayld a year.

Also if you're looking to spend imprimaturs on your mules, you might look into Scout's coalition. Analyze: Outer Ra'Kaznar gives 5500 bayld per imprimatur and if you can't find vanadium ore Analyze: Marjami Ravine gives 4000 bayld per imprimatur and wootz ore is usually very easy to find (plus no running at all, just buy from AH and turn in at the NPC).
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-01 18:07:57  
Is this another thread asking people how to make Gil to have things?

Exhibit A:

Previous Question Answered Rather Astutely.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you want things. But expecting people to give you a slice of the pie they're cornering is stupid, you won't get any real answers from people who make serious money. You're going to get the same Vomit Induced Help, that was posted at the start "Dynamis Currency, Alexandrite's".

Either sell things people can't do themselves (With a team) and if you're incapable of doing that, get used to a rather long wait for things.

There's crafting - Have you tried this to it's fullest end? This normally only becomes profitable by having the required crafts, and the right gear for the best chance of HQ.

Multiple accounts - Do you have access to multiple? I had 5 at one point and made 100mil in 4 days. and I wouldn't have made 25mil in 2 days with 1 character, it gives you access to many things if you can multi box the hell out of everything.

Or as Orean suggested, Multibox WKR campaigns for HUGE profits per hour.

There's many threads and guides about making gil, all of which are mildly relevant, but really this has been the same issue as people making mythics, except they planned ahead.

None of the options mentioned in this thread are particularly fast, but they are varied enough to stop it being boring, which is always a plus. If you don't mind spamming the same thing over and over again, go nuts!

Mercs or crafting is the fastest gil possible if you have A. the team. B. The gear and C. The reputation to get ***done so people have confidence in you as a Merc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-02 15:24:45  
Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Hmm, that's true. I'm guessing you don't pop frayed sacks til you're about to sell them. I've just gotta figure out which NM I could possibly spam on my current jobs.

I tried farming ascended pops and T1 bugard which appears to be the simplest of all.

I did three farming runs for ascended pops and the results are:
17 sacks in 40 mins, 9 sacks in 30 mins, 14 sacks in 60 mins. Of course, the sample size is very small but if we take an eyeballing average of those results; [(17*3/2)+(9*2)+14]/3=19~ sacks/hour

Assuming an average of 2.5 sacks per ascended (actually closer to 2 in my experience with TH2 but let's assume it is same drop rate for 2 and 3 sacks), I also get 19/2.5*3=23~ single stones (let's say 2 stacks)/hour. There are also rare drops from regular mobs and chests and let's say 1 stack/hour from those two sources.

19*9/12(sacks are 6-12 stones right?)+2+1=17.25 stacks/hour at best. Hardly anywhere near 50 stacks and this method is pure luck with ascended pops even with full vorseal bonus which I have :/ I would do slightly better if I had top-notch gear but I am already killing in one tp phase or less and one ws with capped delay and acc so I don't see how I could ever farm almost thrice as much (50/17.25=3~)

T1 bugard, I can kill in 5 mins. Assuming 2.5 sacks average and 3 single stones per pop, 2.5*9+3=25.5 stones per pop. Let's say running back to get pop KI and pop the next one cost me 1 min at least; 25.5*60/(5+1)=255 stones=21.25 stacks/hour, so 4 stacks more than the average amount per hour from my ascended farming.

tl,dr; I guess I suck :(
By geigei 2016-01-02 15:49:19  
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

50-60 stacks in 1 hour? o.O Even if you farm that many stones in 1 hour, I would like to know how you could find enough inventory space and sell all of them before you would do another 1 hour farm.

That is very true, i can do 50ish too but not for selling, i keep tossing them at better augments.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-02 16:35:02  
There must be one ascended with a higher pop chance than others <.<
By Davorin 2016-01-02 17:11:15  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Is this another thread asking people how to make Gil to have things?

Exhibit A:

Previous Question Answered Rather Astutely.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you want things. But expecting people to give you a slice of the pie they're cornering is stupid, you won't get any real answers from people who make serious money. You're going to get the same Vomit Induced Help, that was posted at the start "Dynamis Currency, Alexandrite's".

Either sell things people can't do themselves (With a team) and if you're incapable of doing that, get used to a rather long wait for things.

There's crafting - Have you tried this to it's fullest end? This normally only becomes profitable by having the required crafts, and the right gear for the best chance of HQ.

Multiple accounts - Do you have access to multiple? I had 5 at one point and made 100mil in 4 days. and I wouldn't have made 25mil in 2 days with 1 character, it gives you access to many things if you can multi box the hell out of everything.

Or as Orean suggested, Multibox WKR campaigns for HUGE profits per hour.

There's many threads and guides about making gil, all of which are mildly relevant, but really this has been the same issue as people making mythics, except they planned ahead.

None of the options mentioned in this thread are particularly fast, but they are varied enough to stop it being boring, which is always a plus. If you don't mind spamming the same thing over and over again, go nuts!

Mercs or crafting is the fastest gil possible if you have A. the team. B. The gear and C. The reputation to get ***done so people have confidence in you as a Merc.

Context is important. The limitations mentioned in the necrobump leave a lot of your post irrelevant. No multibox, mostly solo play with some group stuff occasionally, etc. He/she doesn't seem to be looking for a get gil fast scheme, but more of a supplement to what's tried and true.
[+]