フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Starting a mythic
Starting a mythic
First Page 2
 Siren.Kenesu
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-06-19 23:02:52  
So here's the deal. I started play ffxi back in 05, i think? Well, I took a few backs along the way. One of the breaks i took was when Whitegate was released. So starting from scratch, what should is a good outline to start a mythic. I have no rank or anything. Any help would be mush appreciated.
By Kooljack 2015-06-19 23:28:07  
mentally the 'toughest' part of operation mythic weapon is: book recordings of your weapon. After you have that problem solved you can pattern out your daily zone movements in a grind fashion that suites you.

there is no special trick to bypass mythic preparation, as it seems you are knowledgeable, 05' player, who is curious for a special trick.

1.record the books, do missions to rank up
2.find a daily rhythmic routine to grind out the rest

Try not to mentally attack it all at once. The most mental fatigue and research required is the book recordings. therefore mentally get that out of the way imo is best. And then tackle all of the rest at once
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-19 23:31:45  
Everything you need to know can be found here: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mythic_Weapons

As for what order you should do things in, if you don't plan to buy the alex then get familiar with farming tier 2 salvage in arrapago and bhaflau remnants: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Salvage_%28Level_99%29

Everything else is on such a short cooldown timer that there's no need to plan it out really. Einherjar is very easy to farm and you can do so once an hour now. It's probably most rewarding to target the T3s. There's lots of good information at both wikis on assaults which you will have to do twice, once to get captain and then again to complete the logs. You'll probably want to shout for people for Nyzul, I think you'll get more points with at least a couple people than you would solo. They even made the zeni system a lot easier now - I believe there's no cap to how many pictures you can turn in. People have different preferred targets for zeni, I like the giant turtles in aby-tahrongi.

Sorry this isn't really an outline but I think you could get a much better idea of what to do just by reading the wiki.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2015-06-20 01:58:24  
As said above, everythings a lot easier now. Yeah, alex farming is still pretty time consuming, but for me, Einherjar is the most annoying part. Trying to find/form a group to do it sucks (in my experence.) I heard people can solo t3's in 10 minutes, but I've yet to try it.

You'll get your groove. I'd start out by getting cap'n, redo the assaults right away, then mix the three up to break monotony. You'll do it. :)
 Asura.Yunamae
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-06-20 02:45:03  
I recently just got my tizona lol. woot doing trials now lol
I did all me first lot assaults pre latest update, but after as u get tags every hour i soloed as many as possible then did sh and had small group for last 6 or so. (great solo guide by korvana on wiki)

I then moved onto sh and grinding through the einherjar t3, while doing some solo nyzul/group to mix it up lol.

I had also already saved up a ton of gil in the meantime, so i then went onto farming tier 2 salvage in arrapago and bhaflau remnants, i used the bgwiki guides as they help alot when u first go in to what to kill etc.

So i suggest getting ur assaults all done twice first but make some gil as u go so when it comes to the alex you can buy and farm, as 30k grind purely goes on long time...... I actually enjoy salvage but i never went in more then 4 times a day or you end uo dreaming of salvage lol.

I still do salvage once a day during week as i enjoy and need gils back lol...

To save you from boredom of repeat same thing mix things up if i was you or once you do mission to get salvage access go play in salvage to get used to it as you will spend a long time in there lol.

As well as above you need titles from salvage 1 so while gettings your assaults done prob best do storyline to get into normal salvage and beat them...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-20 03:33:58  
You also need the Odin v1 title, which you can get while farming Ichor, and the Beastmen King titles, which are easy to get now as well.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-20 03:39:05  
You're probably going to end up soloing most of Assaults, but for the few tricky/*** ones you may want to shout to see if anyone wants to join. They all can be solo'd, but there are almost certainly going to be people willing to join up to get past those annoying ones.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-06-20 07:57:12  
If you have 99 BST (iLVL 119 axe) and a grasshopper pet T3s are pretty much cake walk. Few instances where something might not go right, but if you die, just wait out the 10min and you'll still get something. Failing is very rare though.
 Valefor.Terravcota
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2015-06-20 08:57:42  
I'm not sure it's clear from the posts so far, but the shortened timers are only from the Rhapsodies KI. Do Rhapsodies missions before starting anything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-20 09:27:54  
What's the best 5 jobs for salvage? I only use monk.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 09:32:05  
BLU and THF are both great at farming Alex.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-20 09:39:13  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Which salvage u use thief for? I do the Cerberus one and theif won't work for that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 09:45:51  
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Which salvage u use thief for? I do the Cerberus one and theif won't work for that.

It will, it's just a pain. I always used BLU for farming. Unlimited ways to deal damage, great survivability, TH3, etc.

As of when I quit, just about any job played well and geared well could solo any salvage 2 zone.
[+]
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-06-20 10:29:44  

I do BRII exclusively as THF/RDM and have no issues on either Cerberus or Orthrus. Although, it can be very monotonous doing them since its a slow burn on both.
 Fenrir.Martin
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2015-06-20 11:00:40  
/rdm for magic dmg I assume, do you just DoT it constantly? I use thf/dnc on ARII and khims super easy
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-06-20 11:03:14  
En-spells and Aeolian Edge

also barspells, refresh, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 11:45:40  
With all the magic accuracy on ilvl gear, /rdm enfeebles are impressively useful. Plus the extra MAB and Meva down for elemental weapon skills.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-06-20 12:15:55  
On bst I generally do my daily arra then do as many SSR as I can before getting bored. SSR comes in between 18-22 minutes depending what they give me at the first lamp.

I had 20k ichor and farmed ein T3 solo for the rest. Died once on flayers because I forgot they aggroed job abilities. About 30% of the time beat the boss, the other times timed out on boss. I was cheap and used the tiger.

Nyzul was awful. I soloed 110k tokens on bst. Lamp order can really screw you as you have to walk between them over and over until you get it right. Feels like I averaged about 7-8 floors per 20 minutes (I exited at 10 min warning). Was really boring

I have 2 assaults left. Most are easy solos. Supplies is still very unlikely to be soloed and there are others like lost and found which are a nightmare solo.

Beastkings are cake. Hardest part is farming the keys. A lot of the wikis still say you need 6 people to get to the troll beastking and you dont.

Looking past 75 the i119 upgrade is mega cheap. And if you are a solo player you will probably need to just buy your mulcibars. They run 8-14M each depending on server from what ive seen.
By Wordspoken 2015-06-20 12:30:24  
Siren.Barber said: »
Supplies is still very unlikely to be soloed and there are others like lost and found which are a nightmare solo.
They just added an item that allows soloing Lebros Supplies. Definitely doable.
IMHO, Lost and Found isn't that bad to solo map isn't that big to go over.
By Jadey 2015-06-20 12:41:44  
Supplies is doable solo but requires a lot of luck since Stewpots aren't guaranteed. 2 Stewpots will probably be enough if you're on a job like DNC/THF with max possible movespeed+, otherwise you need to hope for 3 or 4. Doesn't really matter much since you'll always have a tag to try again, but it becomes a matter of hoping for the RNG to go your way.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-20 15:06:42  

It will, it's just a pain. I always used BLU for farming. Unlimited ways to deal damage, great survivability, TH3, etc.

As of when I quit, just about any job played well and geared well could solo any salvage 2 zone.

Oh so you move on to ffxiv full time now?
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2015-06-20 15:26:05  

Amymy! do you still play. *hi-jacks thread*
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 15:28:37  

I moved on from ffxi. I finished all the goals I had for the game. I'm only playing ffxiv because that's where my friends are.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-20 21:09:42  
Varies by zone, I'd say:

WAR: /DNC for Arrapago with no problems, can Retaliator/Fell Cleave gears in bunches. In Bhaflau, lacks a good native magic damage source or self-healing. Using Beatific Shield can help against bosses, notably Cerb which you can use Requiescat or Cloudsplitter on.
MNK: Manages just fine. Formless Strikes gets through the Cerb damage mechanic.
RDM: Unsurprisingly, handles itself incredibly well and can manage in any situation. Limited cleaving options though.
BLM: /RDM for Phalanx, I suppose. Could do ok but probably not ideal. Many major ToAU enemies have a noticeable MDT going on, including the bosses here, with Cerb's oddball mechanics requiring some melee damage. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're a seasoned soloist.
WHM: Not as effective as RDM, but still pretty sturdy. A good melee WHM would be a bit slower than a RDM, but probably just as safe for the most part.
THF: Rips through Arrapago, suffers tremendously against Cerbs (I haven't tried /RDM though). Can do Silver Seas, but bring good magic evasion and hope the Dvergrs don't just land everything easy.
PLD: Like RDM but a little slower on bosses due to not having Haste 2, but pretty damn safe. In Silver Seas, you can aggro the entirety of floor 4 and get TP from shield blocks to spam Circle Blade.
DRK: I'd imagine it handles itself decently well, better than WAR or THF on Cerberus. Still could use Haste though, so maybe RDM or WHM sub would be ideal for faster runs.
BST: Once you have your pet, you're all set. Use a pet with a magic Ready move on Cerb. In Bhaflau, head to a Moblin and kill him first, probably the slowest and least fun part of your run. Silver Seas gets ranged/ammo on floor 4 so you'll be solo fighting for any early gear or stats, plan accordingly.
RNG: Not even worth trying.
BRD: Songs get to be pretty handy when you get ranged, but before then you're pretty vulnerable. You might need to sleep some early enemies for initial gear unlocks, and bosses can be overwhelming.
DRG: Does great all over. Sub RDM for more healing breath, Haste and Enspell, though maybe WHM in Silver Seas for status removal. Sonic Thrust wipes out gears without any effort.
SAM: Easier TP, but lacking a cleave move. Could rip through the Dvergrs pretty fast, and with Warding Circle you stand a better chance than most melees. Might want to use Requiescat on Cerb if you try him.
NIN: One of the few jobs that can handle Zhayolm. Great survivability, especially early on when you're lacking gear. RDM sub for Haste and Enspells can speed up a fight like Cerb. Lacks a cleave though.
SMN: Unlike BST, you at least get your pet right away, even if it'll be a little weaker, so you're never totally alone. Gets through bosses no problem. Just remember that Archaic stuff aggro magic, so stay safe when resummoning.
BLU: Undisputed king of Salvage, especially in Bhaflau. Not a single weakness to this job other than the fact that you can't just pick it up overnight. Abuses Cerberus damage mechanics with physical blue magic, try Azure Lore on Orthrus and watch him die in 30 seconds.
COR: Aside from Quick Draw and Rolls, you're a bit limited in terms of survivability. Can get into trouble fast when fighting a horde of gears, and probably doesn't fare too well against bosses. No good cleave, either.
PUP: I honestly know nothing about PUP, though I imagine it would take on bosses really well.
DNC: Manages a bit better than even MNK or NIN. One of the better jobs for survivability against bosses, including Cerb, or groups of gears.
SCH: In the same boat as BLM, with better native survival options.
GEO: One of the more capable mages, just don't get overconfident pulling too much or you might get overwhelmed. Malaise + Ra spells and moves like Cataclysm or Earth Crusher will wipe out a rampart's worth of gears. May need to play it safe on bosses though, since it's not the sturdiest of jobs.
RUN: Like PLD and RDM, it's very hard to kill. Can take on all bosses, including the Dvergrs, while afk (unless you're horribly geared). Using Battuta with a great axe will allow you to cleave entire floors without even being fully unlocked. Lack of a native Haste make it kill Cerb much slower than a RDM though, so you'd be faster farming in SS than Bhaflau.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-21 08:05:09  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Varies by zone, I'd say:

WAR: /DNC for Arrapago with no problems, can Retaliator/Fell Cleave gears in bunches. In Bhaflau, lacks a good native magic damage source or self-healing. Using Beatific Shield can help against bosses, notably Cerb which you can use Requiescat or Cloudsplitter on.
RDM: Unsurprisingly, handles itself incredibly well and can manage in any situation. Limited cleaving options though.
BLM: /RDM for Phalanx, I suppose. Could do ok but probably not ideal. Many major ToAU enemies have a noticeable MDT going on, including the bosses here, with Cerb's oddball mechanics requiring some melee damage. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're a seasoned soloist.
WHM: Not as effective as RDM, but still pretty sturdy. A good melee WHM would be a bit slower than a RDM, but probably just as safe for the most part.
THF: Rips through Arrapago, suffers tremendously against Cerbs (I haven't tried /RDM though). Can do Silver Seas, but bring good magic evasion and hope the Dvergrs don't just land everything easy.
PLD: Like RDM but a little slower on bosses due to not having Haste 2, but pretty damn safe. In Silver Seas, you can aggro the entirety of floor 4 and get TP from shield blocks to spam Circle Blade.
DRK: I'd imagine it handles itself decently well, better than WAR or THF on Cerberus. Still could use Haste though, so maybe RDM or WHM sub would be ideal for faster runs.
BST: Once you have your pet, you're all set. Use a pet with a magic Ready move on Cerb. In Bhaflau, head to a Moblin and kill him first, probably the slowest and least fun part of your run. Silver Seas gets ranged/ammo on floor 4 so you'll be solo fighting for any early gear or stats, plan accordingly.
BRD: Songs get to be pretty handy when you get ranged, but before then you're pretty vulnerable. You might need to sleep some early enemies for initial gear unlocks, and bosses can be overwhelming.
DRG: Does great all over. Sub RDM for more healing breath, Haste and Enspell, though maybe WHM in Silver Seas for status removal. Sonic Thrust wipes out gears without any effort.
SAM: Easier TP, but lacking a cleave move. Could rip through the Dvergrs pretty fast, and with Warding Circle you stand a better chance than most melees. Might want to use Requiescat on Cerb if you try him.
NIN: One of the few jobs that can handle Zhayolm. Great survivability, especially early on when you're lacking gear. RDM sub for Haste and Enspells can speed up a fight like Cerb. Lacks a cleave though.
SMN: Unlike BST, you at least get your pet right away, even if it'll be a little weaker, so you're never totally alone. Gets through bosses no problem. Just remember that Archaic stuff aggro magic, so stay safe when resummoning.
BLU: Undisputed king of Salvage, especially in Bhaflau. Not a single weakness to this job other than the fact that you can't just pick it up overnight. Abuses Cerberus damage mechanics with physical blue magic, try Azure Lore on Orthrus and watch him die in 30 seconds.
COR: Aside from Quick Draw and Rolls, you're a bit limited in terms of survivability. Can get into trouble fast when fighting a horde of gears, and probably doesn't fare too well against bosses. No good cleave, either.
PUP: I honestly know nothing about PUP, though I imagine it would take on bosses really well.
DNC: Manages a bit better than even MNK or NIN. One of the better jobs for survivability against bosses, including Cerb, or groups of gears.
GEO: One of the more capable mages, just don't get overconfident pulling too much or you might get overwhelmed. Malaise + Ra spells and moves like Cataclysm or Earth Crusher will wipe out a rampart's worth of gears. May need to play it safe on bosses though, since it's not the sturdiest of jobs.
RUN: Like PLD and RDM, it's very hard to kill. Can take on all bosses, including the Dvergrs, while afk (unless you're horribly geared). Using Battuta with a great axe will allow you to cleave entire floors without even being fully unlocked. Lack of a native Haste make it kill Cerb much slower than a RDM though, so you'd be faster farming in SS than Bhaflau.

lol thank you for the detailed explanation
By swaggernaught 2015-06-21 08:17:06  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Varies by zone, I'd say:

Cricle blade.....
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2015-06-21 13:38:24  
So sounds like BLU is the way to go. Which spells are needed most? (For the sake of only using BLU for Salvage)
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-21 14:18:45  
As Jeanpaul said, BLU cannot just be picked up like any other job and perform to nearly the same level. It absolutely is the king of Salvage, without a doubt, but building it will be more hassle than an entry level THF or something. If you put in the effort to build a decent nuke set, decent TP and CDC sets, decent PDT and physical spell set, the difference will be monumental in comparison to others. I actually leveled and geared BLU all over again on a mule before the announcement because I couldn't stand using anything but BLU for Salvage.

As far as spells go, the more you get the more options open up to you. You should have defensive spells (barrier tusk, cocoon, magic fruit, occultation if you really want to turtle), buffs (erratic flutter, battery charge, nature's meditation), magical spells (subduction, subduction, and subduction), and strong physical spells (sinker drill, thrashing assault, paralyzing triad and sweeping gouge are also very strong). However, those are just spells you would generally cast. You also need to consider the important traits you'll need to set, such as Dual Wield and DA/TA.

BLU can clear every single Salvage zone quickly and efficiently, but you need to gear it at least decently and allow yourself the versatility in your spells to give it the proper tools.
By Wordspoken 2015-06-21 14:44:18  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Savage Blade better/comparable than CDC nowadays?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-21 14:44:59  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
As Jeanpaul said, BLU cannot just be picked up like any other job and perform to nearly the same level. It absolutely is the king of Salvage, without a doubt, but building it will be more hassle than an entry level THF or something. If you put in the effort to build a decent nuke set, decent TP and CDC sets, decent PDT and physical spell set, the difference will be monumental in comparison to others. I actually leveled and geared BLU all over again on a mule before the announcement because I couldn't stand using anything but BLU for Salvage.

As far as spells go, the more you get the more options open up to you. You should have defensive spells (barrier tusk, cocoon, magic fruit, occultation if you really want to turtle), buffs (erratic flutter, battery charge, nature's meditation), magical spells (subduction, subduction, and subduction), and strong physical spells (sinker drill, thrashing assault, paralyzing triad and sweeping gouge are also very strong). However, those are just spells you would generally cast. You also need to consider the important traits you'll need to set, such as Dual Wield and DA/TA.

BLU can clear every single Salvage zone quickly and efficiently, but you need to gear it at least decently and allow yourself the versatility in your spells to give it the proper tools.

Sounds like a challenge. Time to unlock blue and level it. Lol Now where's a good blue guide as to how to play the job, which spell to get etc.
First Page 2