users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 ... 216 217 218
 Fenrir.Reece
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-29 21:30:36  
Quote:
US TV network NBC is cutting ties with Donald Trump over "recent derogatory statements" that the veteran businessman made about immigrants.
NBC said the company would now not be airing the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants that are co-owned by Mr Trump.
Responding to the announcement, Mr Trump said he would consider suing NBC.
Earlier this month, he accused Mexicans of adding drugs and crime to the US as he announced he was seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people, but I speak to border guards, and they tell us what we are getting," he said in his speech on 16 June.
He also pledged to build a "great wall" on the US border with Mexico and insisted it would be paid for by Mexicans.
He later insisted he was criticising US lawmakers, not Mexican people.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33321290

I'm honestly surprised with some of the ***he says. Even though I probably shouldn't be.
By Aelius 2015-06-29 23:44:05  
Let's here it for the first drop out of the presidential race.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-29 23:50:31  
Aelius said: »
Let's here it for the first drop out of the presidential race.

He's already taken all the punches, might as well stay in the ring and ride the media exposure train.

That said, he overestimated the idiocy and hate of the american people, this is a good sign.
[+]
By volkom 2015-06-30 00:35:51  
What exactly did he say?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 00:36:44  
Not a fan of Trump nor NBC. However, the fact that a comment about securing the border with Mexico now produces such a fierce backlash... wow. Feels now rule America. Have fun with that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 00:37:44  
volkom said: »
What exactly did he say?
Quote:
During his presidential kickoff speech, Trump said Mexican immigrants are "bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists and some, I assume, are good people." He called for building a wall along the southern border of the United States. Trump later said that his remarks were directed at U.S. policymakers, not the Mexican government or its people.
NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-30 01:51:02  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Not a fan of Trump nor NBC. However, the fact that a comment about securing the border with Mexico now produces such a fierce backlash... wow. Feels now rule America. Have fun with that.
Um... no. He called them rapists and drug dealers. Ergo, backlash.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-30 01:56:06  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Um... no. He called them rapists and drug dealers. Ergo, backlash.

Eh, he said that they're sending the worst of them across the border. It's still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but not quite calling mexicans rapists and drug dealers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-30 02:06:50  
Univision dropped him last week (the non-news part of his organization) for these comments. He then blamed the Mexican government ...and spoke about himself in the third person.

Quote:
Mr Trump also accused the Mexican government of pressuring the network into "laying down".

"They want to silence Donald Trump. And Donald Trump can't be silenced," Mr Trump said in reference to himself.

Odin.Jassik said: »
Eh, he said that they're sending the worst of them across the border. It's still HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but not quite calling mexicans rapists and drug dealers.

I think he's generalizing the population in that statement, but hey, he says he's critizing US lawmakers. So, up to interpretation, I guess.

Quote:
"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people, but I speak to border guards, and they tell us what we are getting," he said in his speech on 16 June.

He also pledged to build a "great wall" on the US border with Mexico and insisted it would be paid for by Mexicans.

He later insisted he was criticising US lawmakers, not Mexican people.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-30 02:47:25  

If you disagree with a progressive / liberal then your considered a racist, sexist, bigoted monster who should be publicly executed. It's been that way for years now, it's how they spread their ideology. They present a political belief, if you don't agree with them in every aspect then they start shaming you with emotional attacks until you cave and join the fold. Once inside the fold they quickly have you doing the same thing to others that they did to you, public shaming tactics.

As for Trump, he's not an idiot, though he likes to pretend to be one. This is all pure media campaign and since there is no such thing as bad press he'll say and do whatever will have people watching him. You don't get to be where he is without learning how to manipulate people.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 03:08:42  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I think he's generalizing the population in that statement, but hey, he says he's critizing US lawmakers. So, up to interpretation, I guess.
There's not much interpretation unless you have some agenda or abiding by one. He's literally summarizing what border guards have told him and therefore his idea (not a new one) is a wall. He even assumes that some are good people. Was he wrong in that assumption?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 05:59:32  
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-30 06:07:42  
I don't see the problem they weren't going to vote for Trump to begin with !
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-30 06:46:21  
volkom said: »
What exactly did he say?
Quote:
During his presidential kickoff speech, Trump said Mexican immigrants are "bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists and some, I assume, are good people." He called for building a wall along the southern border of the United States. Trump later said that his remarks were directed at U.S. policymakers, not the Mexican government or its people.
NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
He said illegal immigrants not immigrants get it straight he is right on that issue.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-30 06:52:20  
It reminds me of the mariel boat lift 35 years ago when castro emptied the prisons and insane asylums and dumped them off on the usa. Castro didnt let many of the law abiding citizens leave just the undesirables.
I was living in south florida at the time the crime rate skyrocketed in just two months.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-30 07:49:10  
There's not much interpretation unless you have some agenda or abiding by one. He's literally summarizing what border guards have told him and therefore his idea (not a new one) is a wall. He even assumes that some are good people. Was he wrong in that assumption?
He's being an ***. If he wants to be an ***, that is absolutely his right. It doesn't mean other people can't react to his comments or call for him not to profit off the hispanics that he just insulted.

How do you know he is summarizing border guards, accurately? Considering he also stated Mexico is beating the US economically he might not be stating facts.

Two private companies chose to support their customers over Trump, BFD. This has to do with NBC's and Univision's bottom line. If the customers are being insulted why should they stay with the company that allows the insulter to profit?

It's what a free market system encourages, voting with one's wallet.

Have you watched or read the whole speech? He doesn't specify illegal immigrants and he claims Mexico (as in the government) is sending their problems to the US along with other latin countries.

Quote:
TRUMP: When did we beat Japan at anything? They send their cars over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo? It doesn't exist, folks. They beat us all the time.

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast.

(APPLAUSE)
By fonewear 2015-06-30 07:53:39  
Trump won he is making comments to get attention. Trump 1 Butt hurt people 0

He is a real estate mogul. Do you think he cares if illegal immigrants like him ?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-30 08:02:10  
Have you watched or read the whole speech? He doesn't specify illegal immigrants and he claims Mexico (as in the government) is sending their problems to the US along with other latin countries.

Oddly, while there are certainly undesirables coming across the border -- as there has always been, just as some of our undesirables head south -- many of the "illegal immigrants" aren't so much "immigrants" as "refugees", and they're here because The United States' policies and procedures have allowed cartels to essentially run Central America.

Most of the murderers, drug dealers, and rapists are where they've always been. "Everywhere."

As for Trump, he was never a serious consideration anyhow. Or shouldn't have been.

That people are dumb enough to even consider voting for him would be laughable if it didn't speak volumes about the ignorance that permeates this country.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-30 08:04:45  
fonewear said: »
Trump won he is making comments to get attention. Trump 1 Butt hurt people 0

He is a real estate mogul. Do you think he cares if illegal immigrants like him ?
He got the attention he wanted. Which means also gets to live with fallout from his actions.

However, now he is running around threatening to sue both companies for dropping his entertainment networks/pagents because those companies had thousands of complaints.

Sounds like:
Trump 1, butt hurt people 0
Trump butt hurt 0, butt hurt people 1

We'll see if his lawsuits ever pan out.

Edited
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-30 08:15:04  
However, now he is running around threatening to sue both companies for dropping his entertainment networks/pagents because those companies had thousands of complaints.

It's Donald Trump. He preemptively sues people who have valid grounds to sue him when he owes them money.

He's a very, very aggressive businessman. Which is why I'm sure so many conservative asshats think he's so damned great.

He's basically one of the biggest jerks on the planet.
By Mozhat 2015-06-30 08:45:23  
I for one will never watch anything on NBC again.

Everything he said is true. NBC, America, Mexico, own up to it.
I feel for people who really try to become a US citizen. They just get kick in teeth.
What happen to doing whats right and what to do when you do wrong. Sounds to me people *** on what is being done right, and support what is being doing wrong.

All of this crap that is happen is making USA weak in morals and in life. What are the children of this era being taught by this era going to do for there childrens are?

I give respect until I get disrespected
Until you have
Godly morals
Family morals
and have respect of life in the world and do whats right.
STAY AWAY FROM ME

That is all I'm going to say.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-30 08:55:07  
He is full of ***and its appalling it took two weeks for NBC to dump him. Looks like senility is setting in for the old man.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-30 08:58:19  
If I had billions of dollars I don't think I'd give a damn if Mexicans liked me...
By Jetackuu 2015-06-30 08:59:26  
Mozhat said: »

I feel for people who really try to become a US citizen. They just get kick in teeth.
What happen to doing whats right and what to do when you do wrong. Sounds to me people *** on what is being done right, and support what is being doing wrong.

All of this crap that is happen is making USA weak in morals and in life. What are the children of this era being taught by this era going to do for there childrens are?

Until you have
Godly morals
Family morals
STAY AWAY FROM ME

The great thing about morals is that they are subjective.

But that still doesn't make Trump right.

Also the proper tense of "kick" you're looking for is "kicked."
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-30 08:59:28  
Oh yeah, good luck with that Hispanic vote now GOP.
By fonewear 2015-06-30 09:00:09  
Mozhat said: »

Until you have
Godly morals
Family morals
STAY AWAY FROM ME

Translation:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-06-30 09:01:30  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Did you think Hispanics were going to vote for Trump to begin with ?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-30 09:03:59  
fonewear said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Did you think Hispanics were going to vote for Trump to begin with ?

Somewhat ironically, the GOP, in alienating immigrants, is only hurting themselves.

In many cases these are people who will work their fingers to the bone for low, low pay just to prove they're worthy and willing to work. They're people with devout Catholic upbringings who would agree with the GOP on social issues. They're people who would eagerly, readily, and naively buy into the "by your bootstraps" narrative.

But they're not guaranteed. Whereas being against them gets you the ignorant white racist vote, that's still -- sadly -- a major part of the electorate.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-30 09:10:10  
Did he say anything that wasn't true?

We should change the title to "NBC fires trump for telling the truth."
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-30 09:12:22  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Did he say anything that wasn't true?

We should change the title to "NBC fires trump for telling the truth."

NBC doesn't want to lose the rating from the 20 million Mexicans. It's a business decision.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 216 217 218