日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Ranking information is gone
Ranking information is gone
 Phoenix.Angelinn
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2015-07-18 12:40:59  
I went on vacation for a week, and when I arrived home I found that both my main and my alt (Phoenix.Angelinn and Phoenix.Crumbs) no longer have their server/global ranking information. I'm assuming it has something to do with the recent changes, but so far nothing I've done in the 24 hours since I noticed the issue has been able to get my ranking info back.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-18 12:45:04  
Ranking information now requires a valid LS community URL.

It always used to, and that requirement got relaxed when the lscom was more broken than it currently is, but it's back in place again. Add your lscom url and it'll work again.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2015-07-18 12:48:00  
But LScom hasn't worked in years.. Trying to visit my LScom profile just gets "server is busy" message. How do I get the URL?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-18 12:53:58  
Logging in normally works fine for me. You can get it that way.

The reason it got put back was that people were shifting servers and ending up being highly ranked on multiple servers. The lscom is the only authoritative data we have on whether someone exists or not, so that's what we have to use.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-18 12:55:04  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Logging in normally works fine for me. You can get it that way.

The reason it got put back was that people were shifting servers and ending up being highly ranked on multiple servers. The lscom is the only authoritative data we have on whether someone exists or not, so that's what we have to use.

I mean doesn't guildwork verify what server somebody is on? Or no?

As for lscom: works fine for me, has since the end of the long break of it awhile back.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2015-07-18 12:59:13  
Figured it out, thanks for the help!

For others having the issue: needed to click "Establish/Join Community" rather than "Log In" on the LS Community Portal and create links to my new shells, since the old shells my LScom profile was linked to no longer exist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-18 13:00:57  
Jetackuu said: »
I mean doesn't guildwork verify what server somebody is on? Or no?

Guildwork is awesome for saying "hey, I exist!".

What it does not do is say "Yo, I don't exist anymore." Only the lscom can give us verifiable data on that.

Either way, glad you figured it out. Let me know if you have further problems with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
サーバ: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-18 13:03:02  
Well that process isn't working very well in all honesty. I can see 2 server movers, 1 banned and 2 inactive characters in the top 10 on bismarck. Can PM you character names if you wish to investigate.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-18 13:07:37  
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Well that process isn't working very well in all honesty. I can see 2 server movers, 1 banned and 2 inactive characters in the top 10 on bismarck. Can PM you character names if you wish to investigate.

Well, sure, it's not perfect. For one thing, the lscom won't remove banned people - that character still exists. Inactive it seems to be a little sketchier on. I haven't spent a ton of time on it, because I've had more pressing things to fix. I have a fix for some of the sketchiness, but it probably won't be ready for patch day.

Are these characters that have a ranking on their actual character page, or just in the "top by server" list? The "top by server" list is aggressively cached, and needs cleaned out in general.
 Bismarck.Marmite
サーバ: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-18 13:18:10  
Both, just to make your life harder.