Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 61 62 63
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-14 04:43:26  
Don't even bring up Poliwags near me, the *** things. I've caught about 300 candy worth of Poliwags and not a single one has had IVs that would give the highest appraisal message. I want to evolve one into a Poliwrath damn it.
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-14 05:55:16  
Yatenkou said: »
Was really hoping my poliwag would be bouncing behind me as I walked, but I think with all the let downs lately I'm gonna just bow out of Pokemon go...ill just wait till something pulls me back into the game :/

Thinking the same. I might resume playing FFXI lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-09-14 12:48:03  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Don't even bring up Poliwags near me, the *** things. I've caught about 300 candy worth of Poliwags and not a single one has had IVs that would give the highest appraisal message. I want to evolve one into a Poliwrath damn it.

Same here. Almost 400. I do have ONE that's 80% and luckily had perfect move sets as Poliwraith but a LOT of Pokemon seem to always be brain dead for me. The 3 starters for example are never anything good, ever.
By Yatenkou 2016-09-14 12:51:01  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Was really hoping my poliwag would be bouncing behind me as I walked, but I think with all the let downs lately I'm gonna just bow out of Pokemon go...ill just wait till something pulls me back into the game :/

I mean it's not fun going to the park and playing pokemon lottery and only pull out with just like a bunch of the typical trash pokemon. I also don't like that the game's pokemon spawns are determined by the density of people in an area playing pokemon go (This really screws over rural and suburban areas and gives a severely unfair advantage to urban players who live in city areas with higher populations of people playing the game.)

I also don't agree with how they're trying to focus solely on making the game unhackable while kinda shoving beefy content to the side. I can't tell you how fed up I am with the fact I can't figure out where pokemon are because if I really wanted to find something I would have to trespass thus putting myself at risk. I'd like at least a compass to point me in the general direction of something on my sightings list. I don't even think they plan to really do anything at this point as they've made a lot of cash from Pokemon Go.

Not only that, but I hate hate HATE that my first 10km egg was an Eevee, that little *** has no BUSINESS in that egg group because of how stupidly common he is. I have 4 Jolteon, 4 Flareon, and 2 Vaporeon because they're so common (I'd have more but I'm only evolving eevee that have high stats and my leader says they're amazing)

Another gripe I have are the pokestops. If you live in an area like where I live, you only have a few pokestops to visit unlike cities which have tons. Huntington nearby really irks me because of how many I see when I stop at Pullman Square. So many over there, but if you cross the bridge over into Ohio you literally see NOTHING.

Niantic needs to start giving us more or else people won't come back even when they start...
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-14 13:54:42  
what is this buddy servers stuff iv been seeing?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-14 15:42:24  
Asura.Foreverj said: »

I mean it's not fun going to the park and playing pokemon lottery and only pull out with just like a bunch of the typical trash pokemon. I also don't like that the game's pokemon spawns are determined by the density of people in an area playing pokemon go (This really screws over rural and suburban areas and gives a severely unfair advantage to urban players who live in city areas with higher populations of people playing the game.)

I also don't agree with how they're trying to focus solely on making the game unhackable while kinda shoving beefy content to the side. I can't tell you how fed up I am with the fact I can't figure out where pokemon are because if I really wanted to find something I would have to trespass thus putting myself at risk. I'd like at least a compass to point me in the general direction of something on my sightings list. I don't even think they plan to really do anything at this point as they've made a lot of cash from Pokemon Go.

Not only that, but I hate hate HATE that my first 10km egg was an Eevee, that little *** has no BUSINESS in that egg group because of how stupidly common he is. I have 4 Jolteon, 4 Flareon, and 2 Vaporeon because they're so common (I'd have more but I'm only evolving eevee that have high stats and my leader says they're amazing)

Another gripe I have are the pokestops. If you live in an area like where I live, you only have a few pokestops to visit unlike cities which have tons. Huntington nearby really irks me because of how many I see when I stop at Pullman Square. So many over there, but if you cross the bridge over into Ohio you literally see NOTHING.

Niantic needs to start giving us more or else people won't come back even when they start...

I agree with everything you stated here. Niantic actually created a crappy game. Don't think so? --

Scenario:
Imagine that a company (not named Niantic) made a game (not called pokemon) where you had to run around the virtual world with no map or tracking system, catching mythical creatures. How much fun would that be?

Now imagine you couldn't play this game if your phone was rooted.
Imagine if the only legitimate tracking of these rare species was available online, only to be subsequently removed.
Imagine that, after level 20, every damn pokemon mythical creature dodges your attempts to catch it, then runs away. Sad face.
Imagine that you don't live in the city, but all the rarer creatures spawn near high cellular activity; Imagine you have to go outside and find those rare creatures, but the only ones you can ever seem to find are ones that are so piss-poor weak and common, its not even worth it to bother.

Imagine that the items you accumulate in the game are obtained from virtual landmarks. However, because you live in the country, your item count is very limited. Couple that with the fact that there isn't anything worthy of hunting...Yep, frustrating.

THEN imagine that the game absorbs in inordinate amount of battery power.

How many people do you think would waste their time playing this game? This is essentially what Pokémon Go is: a crappy lackluster game hidden behind the Pokémon name. They practically are able to put out a less-than-optimal game, because, who cares, it's pokemon!

I know it sounds like a rant, but Niantic has done everything in their power to side-step the major issues and implement additions that nobody wanted nor needed, and it doesn't even address the glaring and obvious flaws. Does Niantic even play Pokémon Go? Looking a lot like SQENIX.

I have no doubts eventually Niantic will get to the point where they fix their flaws, but do they really have to be so obtuse in their efforts to "fix" the game?

I would hope that they implement Generation Two and Pokémon Battling/Trading sooner than later in order to give this game some new life. Because at this point, they are really isolating people and looking extremely uninterested in their plight. Communicating with your fans is important. They just don't seem to care. I've slowly fizzled away from the game as it's really not impressive lately. Hope it gets better in the future.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-09-14 20:52:26  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
what is this buddy servers stuff iv been seeing?
I'm guessing this is a question about the current thread title, which is a play on the phrase "friends forever" and this lovely piece of internet history:

As for the buddy system in the game, it's pretty simple: you just pick one of your 'mons to be your "buddy" and then receive one candy for its species after walking a certain kilometer distance.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-14 20:56:09  
i cri evrytiem
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-14 21:13:30  
Isn't there a bit of a financial advantage for those from big cities? I keep finding I have to buy more pokeballs due to the lack of pokestops but I've seen images of London, I've been to nearby Basingstoke which had about 3 times as many pokestops, surely people from these areas end up needing to resort to buying items a damn sight less than I do.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-14 22:34:23  
Isn't there a bit of a financial advantage for those from big cities? I keep finding I have to buy more pokeballs due to the lack of pokestops but I've seen images of London, I've been to nearby Basingstoke which had about 3 times as many pokestops, surely people from these areas end up needing to resort to buying items a damn sight less than I do.

I hadn't spend a single dime for this game. One train ride to work and go home I can fill up my bag (400 atm). So yes city is good but then again this game is getting tedious. Same old pidgeys, rats, magickarps and dratinis. I'm not complaining about the dratinis but damn I can't get Evees.
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-09-14 22:42:50  
^Same (minus the Dratinis, whaaaaat). After moving back to a university campus, my inventory is constantly full. I don't see myself ever spending money on this tbh. :X That being said, I haven't had time for gym battles in weeks and am really jonesing for some lucky eggs and incubators... XD
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-09-15 07:24:55  
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
^Same (minus the Dratinis, whaaaaat). After moving back to a university campus, my inventory is constantly full. I don't see myself ever spending money on this tbh. :X That being said, I haven't had time for gym battles in weeks and am really jonesing for some lucky eggs and incubators... XD

Once you reach level 30 you get a good load of lucky eggs, incubators, max potions, max revives and everything else :P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-15 08:29:25  
You don't need to spend your money on anything besides: Egg Incubators. Lucky eggs are something to consider, but seeing as how you can just take over 3 gyms per day and then claim your defender bonus, it's not so much of a requirement. The Incubators, though, is practically your only real shot of getting some good IV pokemon, and a chance to get some rare ones, too!

Of course, if you don't live somewhere where you can grab 9 eggs at once, then incubators aren't as useful to buy.... Something I mentioned above.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-15 08:46:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You don't need to spend your money on anything besides: Egg Incubators. Lucky eggs are something to consider, but seeing as how you can just take over 3 gyms per day and then claim your defender bonus, it's not so much of a requirement. The Incubators, though, is practically your only real shot of getting some good IV pokemon, and a chance to get some rare ones, too!

Of course, if you don't live somewhere where you can grab 9 eggs at once, then incubators aren't as useful to buy.... Something I mentioned above.
To level up you need to keep doing everything to boost xp, catching pokemon, visiting pokestops and fighting gyms. When I get enough Pokemon I buy a lucky egg and just sit there and evolve pokemon for 30mins.

Doing that I always run out of pokeballs eventually, am I doing something wrong?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-15 08:53:28  
I understand in order to level up you need to catch/hatch/click everything, but if it's costing you real money and that's an issue for you, there are other ways. I used to buy pokeballs regularly, particularly when the game came out. Someone on here mentioned visiting a college campus, and I did. Now I never run out of pokeballs.

Of course, I don't play everyday like I once did (more like once a week on the weekends), but when I do, I catch everything I see, and then discard them. I keep the pidgeys and bugs for easy evolutions. And normally during my morning jogs, I'll put 9 eggs in incubators and rack up hatches, which nets me rare pokemon.

I don't particularly see the rush to level up right now, as there's not much to do in the game besides catch > level > fight gyms, and you can beat gyms with a 500cp pokemon. If you're in a hurry to hit 30+, then by all means toss your pokeballs away. But if you're trying to be as frugal as possible, there are many occasions where skipping fodder pokemon, or one that will run you dry (like 1000+ pidgeots) are not to your advantage.

I feel like spending 10 pokeballs on rattata is a worse-off decision than not getting that (320?) exp bonus. But that's just me.
By Yatenkou 2016-09-15 10:32:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

To level up you need to keep doing everything to boost xp, catching pokemon, visiting pokestops and fighting gyms. When I get enough Pokemon I buy a lucky egg and just sit there and evolve pokemon for 30mins.

Doing that I always run out of pokeballs eventually, am I doing something wrong?
Well as I don't play anymore I will say parks and places like that will have a lot of pokestops, take a day and do nothing but walk and hit pokestops, farm up some pokeballs 1 day or 2 and then just go on a catching spree.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-09-15 11:45:17  
For me, the only item worthwhile to buy are the lucky eggs, but that is because I already have all obtainable Pokémon (in Europe, so, Mr. Mime) except freakin' Snorlax and Lapras. Snorlax pops more or less often around here, but I have never been nearby to catch it. Lapras, I haven't seen it popped on my radar even once. And to think now I have 9 Dragonites... lol.

Anyway, I have seen a very important decline on player base since some weeks ago; it looks like not even the "buddy" was enough to attract the people back. So sad.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-15 12:21:03  
Well, if that's true, then they will probably be releasing generation two/battling or something soon.

Players have been upset with tracking since they removed pokevision. Now with the root ban, can't imagine that is keeping people around. So they are shooting themselves in the foot. They're still making a profit, though...
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-09-18 18:16:19  
Nobody around anymore? Anyway, my pics for first two months playing...
By missdivine 2016-09-18 23:13:53  
Tons of people stopped playing because it's boring (fake gps ruined the game too (which defeats the purpose of social interaction), the game needs more features, Niantic is taking really long to implement player vs player and pokemon trading .Etc
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-18 23:17:07  
***was boring from the start, more like the bandwagon is starting to die out like expected. Facebook fads don't last long. That company sure did profit off it tho.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-09-19 09:18:20  
All of that being said, it makes stop-and-go rush hour traffic infinitely less painful when you know you're hatching eggs! XD
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-09-19 09:44:32  
... and to think this was the expectation:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-20 13:57:57  
Gonna copy and paste my Facebook post, but this was my experience of taking gyms tonight:
Quote:
Little rant here, just had a terrible evening for gyms, got a pokemon on a gym at the pond and then took down a 20k Mystic gym at the pond but they both went down as I was leaving the pond. At that point I decided I was just going to put my Pokemon on already existing Instinct gyms.

The baptist church down Clarence Road was Instinct so I sat there and trained it up, took three fights but as I was about to put my Pokemon on the gym another Instinct player swiped the space I had created.

So I just gave up on gyms and went home, glad my 10km egg didn't hatch as it would have probably been a Jynx considering how my luck was going.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-09-21 04:17:00  
10km egg hatched, it was a Pinsir, I already have a Pinsir, wasn't even top IVs, I'm still cursed.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-09-23 05:01:56  
Yesterday Niantic made some changes, and now "starters" are popping with any IV (meaning: since yesterday, I have seen various savage Bulbasaurs with IV > 80%).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-23 09:14:38  
Gonna copy and paste my Facebook post, but this was my experience of taking gyms tonight:
Quote:
Little rant here, just had a terrible evening for gyms, got a pokemon on a gym at the pond and then took down a 20k Mystic gym at the pond but they both went down as I was leaving the pond. At that point I decided I was just going to put my Pokemon on already existing Instinct gyms.

The baptist church down Clarence Road was Instinct so I sat there and trained it up, took three fights but as I was about to put my Pokemon on the gym another Instinct player swiped the space I had created.

So I just gave up on gyms and went home, glad my 10km egg didn't hatch as it would have probably been a Jynx considering how my luck was going.

Fighting Gyms is really, really stupid. I had complained about it weeks after the game was released, and I still never bother doing it. Its only good if you're FTP, in which case, your best bet is to try to only collect bonus when there are 3+ visible gyms within walking distance. And go to secluded gyms that don't have high traffic (which won't stop botters and spoofers, but meh).

Honestly, the very, very, very, VERY simple fix to this is: Only allow pokemon to be placed in gyms where you have physically acted on the gym (i.e. fought A FULL BATTLE). Because the game actually does track your earned prestige on a gym (albeit hidden in the game code), this would be insanely easy to implement. I've no idea why this has not gone into effect yet, and it's just another reason why battling gyms is the most mind-numbing and time-wasting task in this game.

Really, and for the reward-time ratio, the stardust and coin incentive is so damn low/gym, I could literally catch 5 pidgey in the same time it took to beat a gym. Even less. So stupid.
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2016-09-23 11:48:20  
Oh, it's been some time since I have been active on this site!
So I will come back with just a little random info about my current Pokemon Go Rep.
I currently use Nidorino as my buddy since for whatever reason they are being extremely difficult to catch lately.
My proudest catch is a 43 CP Snorlax with 88.2% IVs that I caught at level 23.
Likewise my proudest run is a 1796 CP Snorlax that my brother said was 93.3% IVs.
fml. LOL

I'd really like to see them add a way to change move sets with candy or something though. I have an 80+% IV Charizard with Ember and Dragon Claw. It'd be a pain to have to catch another 30 Charmander and then wait until I hatch another for one with good IVs to possibly get the same move set again.

And that about sums up my time away from this site. I shall explore some FFXI related things now! :P
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-09-23 11:55:12  
Shiva.Jirachi said: »

I'd really like to see them add a way to change move sets with candy or something though. I have an 80+% IV Charizard with Ember and Dragon Claw. It'd be a pain to have to catch another 30 Charmander and then wait until I hatch another for one with good IVs to possibly get the same move set again.

I'd kill for this, I had a 90ish% Kadabra with Psycho Cut only to have it lose it when I finally caught enough Abra to get Alakazham. Now he's just a trophy since I don't see a lot of them.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 61 62 63