Returning Player - 58 To 99 2 Box?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Returning player - 58 to 99 2 box?
Returning player - 58 to 99 2 box?
By ySoCereal 2015-12-31 10:23:20  
Hey guys,

I came back to the game about 10 months ago after a SIX year break, only really solo'd and crafted since.

Any tips on where best to get to 99 in the shortest amount of time?

I can have use of a 2nd character with all jobs 99 to help things along.

Thanks
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-31 10:27:00  
Abyssea. Or just go to SoA areas and leech there.

I'm sure there are many bots who would give better examples than me.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-12-31 10:30:32  
Depending on how strong the char with all 99's is, go either to Escha or a gates area in SoA and leech while the 99 char cleaves. Not sure why you'd have to be a bot to know that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-31 10:33:17  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Depending on how strong the char with all 99's is, go either to Escha or a gates area in SoA and leech while the 99 char cleaves. Not sure why you'd have to be a bot to know that.
Right, I quit before Rhapsodies.
By ySoCereal 2015-12-31 10:43:25  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Any chance you can expand on this? What is cleaving / where is a good camp for it?

Got a lot to learn still since I've been out for so long..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-31 10:55:17  
ySoCereal said: »
What is cleaving
Cleaving was an Abyssea term used for pwning the ***out of multiple enemies at a time for exp/gil/<insert currency>. The term came from the WAR Great Axe Weaponskill "Fell Cleave" which, during the Abyssea era, a WAR and a WHM could basically duo an entire area of mobs (generally the same mobs, given the exp increases killing the same mobs over and over again) by having the WAR gather a *** of mobs together, running over to the WHM, WHM curebombs the ***out of the WAR while the WAR uses Retailiate and Fell Cleave when TP hits 100% (or 1000).

Fell Cleave owns the ***out of mobs due to it's AoE and high damage capabilities. With the right Atma, a WAR can essentially solo the area himself if a WHM is not present.

/themoreyouknow.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-12-31 11:27:43  
It's since expanded to include any single person gathering up said shitton of mobs and killing them en masse- mostly done by BLU, BLM, and even PLD these days.

: it's mainly done in Escha, or a Gates zone. The mobs used vary depending on what's cleaving. Your best bet is probably Escha-Zi'tah, as to gain access to most Gates you gave to have cleared the corresponding Wildskeeper Reive. You can't do those without Adoulin fame and being level 95.
[+]
By ySoCereal 2016-01-15 13:24:42  
What setup do PLD use for cleaving? Would like to get my job points done.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-15 13:30:55  
PLD cleaving is done as PLD/RDM with Aeolian Edge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-01-15 14:42:27  
I havent played in almost a year, but PLD cleaving was harder than BLU, BLM or WAR unless you had an Ochain. BLU and BLM could spam spells and WAR could use retaliation to generate very fast TP. With Ochain, TP accumulation is very fast if you have a lot of enemies on you. If the PLD isnt very well geared, and the enemies are strong, death will be the result. I just wanted to throw that warning out there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-01-15 15:20:00  
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
I havent played <snip>

You should!
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-01-15 17:03:25  
Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
I havent played <snip>

You should!

I'm thinking about it. So much to catch up on. Almost too much...
By Luminohelix 2016-01-15 17:40:45  
Cerberus.Diavolo said: »
I havent played <snip>

You should!

I'll give you a little motivation Mr. Kodaijin. I was gone for pretty much a year myself. I decided to return in November (late november) with 3 characters out of date. I managed to catch up, see the last chapter of RoV and still enjoying Vanadiel :)! Even though I do mostly things solo, I do enjoy the game with trusts. It is amazing what you can do now! You're always kept busy with so much to do! All it takes is a little self motivation and the factor of "wanting those things badly". I hope you can find that spark that I did when I came back. I haven't looked back since! :)
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-01-22 23:57:14  

I'm sure it looks overwhelming, but you can probably get caught up quicker than you think. I'll be around to lend a hand should you need it.