フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Echa AA strat
Echa AA strat
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-01-07 04:40:43  
Hello everyone.

With my Ls we gonna (soon) try to kill the AA from echa zone, but, we don't have any of "new" setup, so no SCH to made SC and no BLM.

For now, best setup i have think is an old PLD RNG + PET (mostly SMN) strat.

Do you think this can work, and if you have some hint of each AA, would be nice too^^

Thks in advance
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-07 05:01:26  
Not sure if pet setup can work (don't see why not?) but all AAs except GK literally MELT to magic, they're easier than the HTBF versions lol.

For AA EV make sure nobody gets healed for over 800 hp, if that happens it will proc Benediction on AA EV.
 Bismarck.Arcos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-01-07 05:29:18  
We cleared all 5 last night with a BST strategy.

We had 12 to start with
PLD, WHM, RDM, COR, GEOx2, BSTx4 SMN and some other people. They didn't contribute much to damage so I don't remember their jobs. No Idris.

We used 2HRs, including Perfect Defense each time and reset in abyssea. Each AA was dead not long after Perfect Defense wore. Once we got in the rhythm, they melted faster.

Worth noting, we had a Patricius Ring drop on AAEV. They likely can drop anything from hardmode battles as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-07 05:57:50  
I confirm they can drop the original drops as well, but from my experience they're kinda low drop rate.
As far as I know the "old drops" use additional slot in the loot pool, and they can't drop in place of the at least 1 guaranteed new drop.
(can't confirm this 100%, just sharing my experience and what I've read around)
 Fenrir.Montaeg
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-07 06:01:26  
Asura.Sechs said: »
and they can't drop in place of the at least 1 guaranteed new drop.

Pretty sure drop isn't guarunteed from these. I've fought some that have dropped nothing, and it's not like we're capped on their gear.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-07 06:04:50  
We always had at least 1 guaranteed drop, sometimes 2, sometimes (very very rarely, like twice?) 1 + 1 old.
But then again sample is very small, I only fought them around 35-40 times so far.

Think all Geas Fete NMs have at least 1 guaranteed drop? Maybe AAs are the exception, I'm not 100% sure myself.
 Bismarck.Arcos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-01-07 06:17:54  
out of the 5 AAs we fought last night, Patricius ring was the only gear that dropped. Maybe it was bad luck.