Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Returning Player~
Returning Player~
By Pikagreg 2016-01-25 14:05:33  
Howdy!

Logged in for the first time in a few years over the weekend and am super overwhelmed. I read the FAQS for returning players on a few sites though most seem to be a year or more older. Mostly just been running around collecting Trusts and am not really sure what content I should be focusing on as someone with no ilevel > 99 gear other than a few random pieces. Played for 11 years but I feel like a nub again :p If someone can help step me in the right way in terms of progression I would appreciate it.

Also looking for a nub-friendly social shell~ Thanks!
 Bismarck.Hove
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hove201
By Bismarck.Hove 2016-02-01 10:48:16  
You Again? Jeez.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-01 11:35:15  
There's a really really recent post just a few days ago.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48208/starting-back-again

See if u can find the information there. And if not ask questions there.
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-02-01 11:38:01  
Bismarck.Hove said: »
You Again? Jeez.

Says the guy that has been MIA for 3ish years...
[+]
By Pikagreg 2016-02-04 14:12:25  
Just came back and hopped on my server forum as I never really used the normal threads before. There is some nice info here, thanks.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-04 14:44:14  
Just to consolidate some of the things I put in that other thread--

Key things to do when returning:

1) Check out the quest log, and Records of Eminence. It's a Tutorial/Achievement style rewards system that can help you ease into 99+ content.
2) Look into Trusts, which Records of Eminence will help guide you a bit on. These are storyline NPCs that can be used as party members when you're at less than 6 people.
3) Talk to people. This thread is a good start, but don't be afraid to send tells, make shouts, etc. Most of all, don't get discouraged if you don't get responses right away. Keep at it; people are out there looking to make contact, even if it doesn't seem like it.
4) Check any Home Points or Survival Guides you come across, since those act as teleporters worldwide.

In regards to gear and content, generally the progression would go along these lines:

Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish
Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary
Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs
High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies) Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs,
The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), HELM NMs in Reisenjima, fighting me in Ballista
[+]
By Pikagreg 2016-02-04 16:33:23  
Lol this is the post that helped me out the most I think :p I already forwarded it to a few friends that came back the same time as me.
By Malakani 2016-02-07 20:37:29  
I just came back to the game myself and I'm in the same boat. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with whole gearing up process and deciding what job to concentrate on lol. Thinking RDM, but also have WHM, BRD, BLM, MNK that are decently geared as of 2.5 years ago lol. If anyone has advice on how I should proceed... I've got some Delve gear. Artifact, Relic, Empyrean gear that can be upgraded.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-07 22:32:24  
Malakani said: »
I just came back to the game myself and I'm in the same boat. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with whole gearing up process and deciding what job to concentrate on lol. Thinking RDM, but also have WHM, BRD, BLM, MNK that are decently geared as of 2.5 years ago lol. If anyone has advice on how I should proceed... I've got some Delve gear. Artifact, Relic, Empyrean gear that can be upgraded.

I would gear white Mage out of the jobs u listed as it's more in demand and something like blm is much more harder to gear and get ready for. Refer to the white Mage guide for more up to date sets. Blm red Mage is harder to gear and monk is no longer used in groups and geo is favored over bard. Hope that helps.
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-08 00:56:34  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Just to consolidate some of the things I put in that other thread--

Key things to do when returning:

1) Check out the quest log, and Records of Eminence. It's a Tutorial/Achievement style rewards system that can help you ease into 99+ content.
2) Look into Trusts, which Records of Eminence will help guide you a bit on. These are storyline NPCs that can be used as party members when you're at less than 6 people.
3) Talk to people. This thread is a good start, but don't be afraid to send tells, make shouts, etc. Most of all, don't get discouraged if you don't get responses right away. Keep at it; people are out there looking to make contact, even if it doesn't seem like it.
4) Check any Home Points or Survival Guides you come across, since those act as teleporters worldwide.

In regards to gear and content, generally the progression would go along these lines:

Starting Point (just returned): Records of Eminence (sparks gear), lower end Unity NMs, Reforged Artifact/Relic/Empyrean armor (at least 109), Macrocosmic Orb BCs, easier difficulty Merit BCs, Wildskeeper Reives, regular Skirmish (not necessarily recommended) and probably Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish
Next Step (your gear nearing ilevel 119): 119-128ish level Unity NMs, Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor 119, higher difficulties Merit BCs (Normal/Difficult), Delve, Alluvion Skirmish, Escha Zi'Tah/Sky Tier 1/2, Incursion (pre-level 130), maybe Vagary
Mid-point (full 119, good practice with mechanics and strategies): level 130 and up content like Sinister Reign, Vagary, Escha T3 and some HELM NMs, Reisenjima T1, Unity 135 NMs
High-end (great gear, more experience with complex enemies) Reisenjima T2/3, Escha Gods/AAs,
The Hardest Crap in the Game: level 145+ content like Super Kirin, Warder of Courage (super Absolute Virtue), HELM NMs in Reisenjima, fighting me in Ballista

Also keeping up with me and my freebees i toss in your face on duos.