フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-24 23:24:15  
Did some T1 and T2 NM today for the first time with some of my LS members. We did well on most, til we ran in to Palila. The PLD didn't have a pop so I had to pop on COR, which made things fun for the healers. Also we didn't have a scholar.

Yilan wasn't as much trouble; got it to down to 20%. We were using a mythic rdm to spam light with cdc and MB off that, but he fell and we ended up wiping after it leveled up. Any tips would be nice, so we can be better prepared when we try again next week. :) I like to take more than six because we're doing this for clears, so we end up taking between 6-12 players; and several of us are new to Geas Fete.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-24 23:49:49  
PALILA
- At the start, and anytime it uses Crashing Thunder, it gets Avoidance Down aura (unable to guard/parry/block with shield), making your PLD's Ochain useless.
- You can break the aura with Earth damage (MB being the simplest way). Melees making Darkness or Grav, or SCH using Immanence is a simple way to handle this.
- The simplest way to deal with the damage he does is to either use a RUN or a GEO. RUN's Tellus wards or GEO's Vex will render him pretty harmless. If the only person in range is a PLD, use Aegis.
- Adds can be slept, but also die fairly fast.
- Weak to piercing and stone.

YILAN
- Levels up whenever he uses his terror aoe move. He also makes a baby Fafnir when he does this move.
- Levels down (white !!) if he's hit with a Fire MB. This is what you seem to have been missing.
- I think the babies can be slept, but if not, they die quick enough.
- Save TP and plan SC/MB for after he does Terror; only consistent way to avoid Terror is from using gear (primarily, Founder's Greaves). August natively gets the same Terror resistance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-24 23:59:10  
We had two BLMs hitting MB on Yilan, and two BSTs on the babys. I read that it levels up if you don't kill the baby before it roars again. Probably would have killed it if we had a sch or the rdm didn't die at 30%.

On Palila we did not have a earth MB going, which is likely why we had trouble getting it down. The adds seem to respawn quickly. We tried killing them over and over, but it didn't help. We tried sleeping them but had trouble there as well after we got six of them. I think we just need to bring a sch to make life easier.
 Asura.Cyleena
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 00:02:18  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

YILAN

- I think the babies can be slept, but if not, they die quick enough.

If I remember right they are very resistant if not totally immune to dark magic sleeps (blm sleeps, dream flower etc). Blue with light based sleep (sheep song) or bard can sleep them fine though.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 00:04:47  
What's your alliance looking like, jobwise?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-02-25 00:05:07  
BLU can keep Palila's adds immobile until death with Entomb spam. Also able to do that stone MB with the same spell, obv.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 00:10:56  
What's your alliance looking like, jobwise?

Just took what I could find on the day. Also many of the top DDs from my ls were not there which likely held us back. Tank pt was pld whm (best player by miles) brd (2 song) geo rdm (mythic melee) and a random COR (we had a 2nd geo but he had to leave before T2) in espial gear. My party was bstx2 (one with stars; best dd), me on COR, my dad on SMN (with stars), and two ok BLMs, but they aren't as strong as other blm we have in the ls.

I'm chalking it up to 1) lack of experience, 2) lack of dd, 3) lack of reliable sc, and 4) not the ideal setup. So i'll have to change it up a bit and maybe ask some favours. It's only the 2nd week we been doing Escha NMs (myself included), and we had no problems with the Zitah T1-2s last week.

Also I want to reiterate we ain't interested in low manning; this is solely to get as many players their clears at the same time, and while I respect some can solo with trusts, we wish to kill these with 6-12 because it's more fun to do it as a linkshell.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 00:11:37  
For either of those fights we normally have a whm, tank (pld), geo, sch, blm. We have used august trust and whm healer trust as well if we low man it, which we normally do nowadays. Yilan we take blue as well. Sch will definitely make life easier if they use macros and the blm MB off their sc.

Most Zitah NMs are soloable now. The higher areas you go the more you will need magic acc, etc. Your blm will want to get death sets and JP as well for death if they do not have it yet.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 00:36:25  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm chalking it up to 1) lack of experience, 2) lack of dd, 3) lack of reliable sc, and 4) not the ideal setup.
I'd say 1 and 3 are the real issues you ran into. It can be a bit harder getting coordinated in a larger group, and some of these NMs demand some degree of coordination for SCs or MBs. I'd definitely say some of your people may want to focus on improving their gear a little too, like that guy in sparks.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 00:51:07  
I'm chalking it up to 1) lack of experience, 2) lack of dd, 3) lack of reliable sc, and 4) not the ideal setup.
I'd say 1 and 3 are the real issues you ran into. It can be a bit harder getting coordinated in a larger group, and some of these NMs demand some degree of coordination for SCs or MBs. I'd definitely say some of your people may want to focus on improving their gear a little too, like that guy in sparks.

You do not really need DD for those NM if you got a sch and blm to sc though blue helps on Yilan. They go down pretty fast with good geared mages. Like Jeanpaul said some of your people need to work on gear, especially the higher tier you go in there or in Reisenjima. Good luck with future attempts.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 00:52:08  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Does Yilan leveling up wake the babies?

I just duoed Yilan for someone yesterday with trusts on BLU. It is easy IMO.

Yilan is soloable with a strong melee tp and ws until it dies with temps to block terror move, just make trust tank adds. The thing is that OP bring more than 6 and make hybrid setup with tons of jobs that needs different buffs(thus everyone gets none ideal buffs), so that makes thing harder than they should be since it levels up.

Also to the OP, while I understand that you want everyone in ls to get clear, you can clear multiple times with a smaller group and rotate everyone in, instead of going with big group and wipe several times and ended up spending more time on them. It's a 1 to 2 min fight solo or lowman, you can kill it a few times in like 20 min instead of going with 12 and wipe. It's extremely hard to coordinate a big group in escha with ppl on jobs that may not work well together, especially if they're new.

But then again, it's your ls so what can I say.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 01:03:53  
I totally agree Afania. I'm the kinda guy who would take 18 if possible. Helping as many as we can is great, but I'm starting to see why having 12 is not helping. As you say, we can rotate people around and it doesn't take long to gather. I may have to restrict it to 6-7 going forward. At least we cleared all the T1 and T2s except those last two, we had a few moments but it wasn't too bad til the end; and some nice drops as well. :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 01:06:27  

IMO it's 2) and 4) :p. OP has pet jobs(which needs pet buffs), nuker(which needs storms and malaise), melee(rdm) and brd (which is more like melee buff job)all in one pt, so pt performance are already not hitting their ceiling. If OP choose to focus on 1 specific buff and way to DD instead of split things up, the performance would increase a great deal regardless of experience.

So something like bst bst bst cor(pet rolls) geo.

Melee or sch(sc opener) blm blm geo(malaise, mab or macc)

Or brd melee melee geo healer(can be rdm)

While experience is important, Id say for Yilan it's not make or break as long as leader explained everything and make a more ideal setup. Can't say if they lack reliable SC.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 01:08:58  
We do Vagary every week together, so I'm thinking mage route if we have a sch, and pet way if we don't. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 01:15:52  
I totally agree Afania. I'm the kinda guy who would take 18 if possible. Helping as many as we can is great, but I'm starting to see why having 12 is not helping. As you say, we can rotate people around and it doesn't take long to gather. I may have to restrict it to 6-7 going forward. At least we cleared all the T1 and T2s except those last two, we had a few moments but it wasn't too bad til the end; and some nice drops as well. :)

You can take 18 if you have the right jobs/setup/they geared decent. I would try low man though since members need some work still. Since you are just starting out in that zone it would probably be better to limit who goes and rotate members if you can. Problem you might have though is job availability from members. You can do 6-7 people but then does the others that sit out have jobs that can benefit you on your next run, so they can come with you.

Unfortunately, I run into this a lot being a ls leader that some members are limited jobs they can bring/have geared making it difficult to set up runs. I can normally work around this because I do NMs in larger groups, but having to leave people out to lowman might make it more difficult for you depending on your ls.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-02-25 02:12:50  
Concerning Yilan: Honestly, if you have a decent RUN, SCH and BLM you can knock off a third if not more of its HP in one SC+MB. Litteraly "Kill it with fire!", with a large group you're definitely going to want a couple more mages and if you have melee just reasonably geared to open/close SC.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-02-25 04:12:51  
GEO SMN SAM trust PLD or RUN

SAM SC light
SMN Apogee Flaming Crush Twice
game over
 Odin.Taberif
サーバ: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 05:37:25  
Yilan and most of sky can be handled easily by buffed SMN
YouTube Video Placeholder

geo malaise/fraility
cor puppet/beast
pld useless
smn flamingcrush
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 06:52:52  
Since OP has cor geared, alternatively can do malaise+haste bubble wildfire spam on melee cor.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-25 08:41:56  
If SCH sticks a good MB'd Pyrohelix, the fight's over. Doom and Terror make this annoying for melee jobs, especially ones that aren't geared well. Your RDM probably could have handled it if they didn't get Doomed is what I'm guessing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 09:15:42  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
If SCH sticks a good MB'd Pyrohelix, the fight's over. Doom and Terror make this annoying for melee jobs, especially ones that aren't geared well. Your RDM probably could have handled it if they didn't get Doomed is what I'm guessing.

You can block terror with temps.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-02-25 09:26:19  
I pup tank Yilin with ease while a bst kills the pets.

Usually do pup, whm, bst, bst, cor/geo, 2x whoever needs.

Zapdos on the other hand is quite a ***. The run tank was a nice idea though. We were doing pup, bst, bst, smn, whm, brd, DD. Ty for that. :)
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-02-25 10:06:35  
I can help with Yilan if you see me on. I duo'd 8 runs with a ls BLM just the other day and the fights literally took less than a minute.

One thing about Yilan is that he levels up every time he uses his roar ability, which also inflicts terror. Terror can break up your skillchains if he uses at an inopportune time, and if he levels up too many times it makes self skillchains harder and harder to pull off due to rising evasion. But that's usually not an issue - one light skillchain and volley of bursts from the BLM usually reduces him to under 50%.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 11:55:41  
This is going to be tough for me because we have at least 9-10 members who really want to do these, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Add in the fact we don't have a dedicated SCH (unless I ask around), and some of the setups posted above are simply not possible unless 1) I take 10-12 (or more) of us, or 2) I turn people away and then try to do a second run working around their jobs and asking others who already cleared to help get them clears.

I only do this event once a week on a Wednesday; and I only like to run it for a few hours each time, so repeated runs is not something I want to do, as I have other things to do with my time.

Those who posted solo, duo or trio strats are not helping the cause. Yes, I could just ask some epic SMN to solo it for us, but where's the fun in that?? There is none. Great for the SMN, but we want to beat this with the group of players we have, no matter how many we take. It's a ball ache we get penalized for bringing more people. It would be more so to have to rotate, especially for a T2 NM. Again, I know it was mostly down to the way I set it up, we would have killed both had I focused the alliance on the mages, or the pets specifically.

The LS had trouble with Vagary in the summer. It took us a while to learn the strats, practice them, lose horribly (with some wasted Plouton pops due to deaths), and other such things til we perfected it. Now we kill all the Vagary NMs without thinking about it, even if some of the regulars don't show up, I know exactly how to set it up, and what to tell them. It's only a matter of time til we nail it, and as Cyleena said, if they can take a full alliance of players to these NMs, then we can as well. I'll just have to show the weak links the door, or if we do, put them on a job which isn't so important.

I'm going to continue to take as many as we can. While it's not the most conventional way, I'm not a conventional leader. I like to do things differently, and if that means we have to endure more losses til we get it right, then so be it. We will grow stronger through making mistakes, as we have done since I made the LS. :)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:00:22  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
This is going to be tough for me because we have at least 9-10 members who really want to do these, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Add in the fact we don't have a dedicated SCH, and some of the setups posted above are simply not possible unless 1) I take 10-12 (or more) of us, or 2) I turn people away and then try to do a second run working around their jobs and asking others who already cleared to help get them clears.

Those who posted solo, duo or trio strats are not helping the cause. Yes, I could just ask some epic SMN to solo it for us, but where's the fun in that?? There is none. Great for the SMN, but we want to beat this with the group of players we have, no matter how many we take. It's a ball ache we get penalized for bringing more people. It would be more so to have to rotate, especially for a T2 NM. Again, I know it was mostly down to the way I set it up, we would have killed both had I focused the alliance on the mages, or the pets specifically.

The LS had trouble with Vagary in the summer. It took us a while to learn the strats, practice them, lose horribly (with some wasted Plouton pops due to deaths), and other such things til we perfected it. Now we kill all the Vagary NMs without thinking about it, even if some of the regulars don't show up, I know exactly how to set it up, and what to tell them. It's only a matter of time til we nail it, and as Cyleena said, if they can take a full alliance of players to these NMs, then we can as well. I'll just have to show the weak links the door, or if we do, put them on a job which isn't so important.

I'm going to continue to take as many as we can. While it's not the most conventional way, I'm not a conventional leader. I like to do things differently, and if that means we have to endure more losses til we get it right, then so be it. We will grow stronger through making mistakes, as we have done since I made the LS. :)

You are making it more complicate than it has to be.

Are these members literally dead weight? If so you need to stop leading them on and let them know.
If your other good members can carry them then it is fine, and these are very easy mobs if your members are good.
Don't need a SCH for this ***.

They are having trouble beating it without a sch though Spicy cause the members seem to not be geared well enough for higher content. Damage seems to be too low from the blm, dd, etc they have taken. It was even mentioned one member had sparks gear, which we all know is not very good for this kind of content. For the sparks gear member (members) you can start by getting them skirmish gear to improve their gear until you can get them better stuff in the higher content.

It is hard to mix pet jobs with mage jobs. Reason being is cause mages doing MB from SC often get interrupted from pet doing something to cause the SC to get messed up. We normally do not mix pet jobs when doing SC MB method because of this occurring. That is just us though, you may find it works ok for you. IDK.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:03:22  
I simply underestimated the NMs last night. We breezed through the Zitah NMs with 12 of us, so I assumed we wouldn't have trouble bringing a brd with 2 songs, and a cor in espial. Obviously they won't get in next week.

I have one question about a pet setup. We're probably going to have a pet party of BSTx3 SMN COR and GEO, what buffs would the GEO use with that setup? Also I'm assuming a PLD+WHM in the other party would be enough? (Our WHM is awesome btw, and the PLD ain't bad either.) I was using Puppet Roll for my dads SMN when he was going for MBs (like Holy Mist on Yilan), and the obvious BST/DRG rolls any other time.

Edit: And yeah Cyleena, the COR was a friend of the RDM, and he really wanted to bring him along as they're best buds. He wanted his rolls so he could self SC, and he was doing it OK at times, but it wasn't as reliable as a SCH or SAM.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3