users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
 Asura.Ramsy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-02-25 14:04:38  
If I can't get a sch for Yilan I usually get a bst with lizard to make fusion. Since your bringing two bst one could be doing the sc and the other can take care of any adds with cricket/tiger.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashiya
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2016-02-25 14:23:59  
Our setup:
PLD
BLU (Magical setup for burst with Searing Tempest)
GEO (Geo-Lang, entrust-Malaise on pld, Indi-focus)
SCH (chains/healing)
RDM (bursting, enfeebs)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 14:51:49  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
My dad sure loves his Astral Conduit. I might get stuck in there as melee COR and do self Wildfire Darkness on the big bird so he can MB it to death (we did this on a T2 Zitah NM to great effect). The only downfall I see is the BST pets interrupting, or myself getting killed. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Either way I can set it up quickly and we play in the same room so I can give him cues.

If you don't have vex/attunement or enough support, you could use ranged attack on the bird to avoid death. It's weak against piercing, so that's extra dps from ranged attack.

Let your RDM or pld open SC with CDC, then close dark+ double dark with WF. Have BLM or GEO MB off your darkness SC.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-02-25 15:14:27  
For Pallila, two BSTs can make Dark SC with Raptor Jugs using Chomp Rush. Just make sure the BSTs have 10 sec Ready timers or it will be really slow between SCes because Chomp Rush is a 3 charge move.

When we did the fight, we made a Dark SC and had a SCH, GEO, and 2 or 3 SMNs MB it. In between SCes we usually had the BSTs heel their pets until Ready timer was up, but not sure if that was really necessary.

We weren't super quick, but after a few rounds of SCes and MBs, the NM should be dead as long as your PLD is strong enough to hold all the adds and/or your WHM doesn't suck horribly.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-25 15:14:49  
Off topic a bit:

At Square Robbins, the flavor of the year is GEO with manaburn icing and blue mage sprinkles. Comes with a free cup of Aegis.

Which, aside from always playing Paladin, is why I play these three jobs.

I don't know if you have dedicated geos but they're invaluable atm and are easily geared.they start at 109 amd Dunna is great.

Capping geo skills is also EASY, just summon a trust you can cast on and use this macro:

/ja "Full Circle" <me> <wait1>
/ma "Geo-Precision" <p1>

Like skilling Enhancing in besieged, you'll skill fast.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-25 15:15:45  
I usually just do 'em with RUN and DRG.
By Triffle 2016-02-25 15:17:59  
SMN apparently rips through Yilan.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-25 15:21:06  
Triffle said: »
SMN apparently rips through Yilan.

Yes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2016-02-25 16:28:19  
Small hint for Yilan.... Blizzard.
Just because Light/Fire keeps it from levelling up doesn't mean its the best option.
2 or 3 Darkness with bursts from decently geared blm/sch = dead dragon.
By lhova 2016-03-08 15:31:51  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Does Yilan leveling up wake the babies?

I just duoed Yilan for someone yesterday with trusts on BLU. It is easy IMO.

Yilan is soloable with a strong melee tp and ws until it dies with temps to block terror move, just make trust tank adds. The thing is that OP bring more than 6 and make hybrid setup with tons of jobs that needs different buffs(thus everyone gets none ideal buffs), so that makes thing harder than they should be since it levels up.

Also to the OP, while I understand that you want everyone in ls to get clear, you can clear multiple times with a smaller group and rotate everyone in, instead of going with big group and wipe several times and ended up spending more time on them. It's a 1 to 2 min fight solo or lowman, you can kill it a few times in like 20 min instead of going with 12 and wipe. It's extremely hard to coordinate a big group in escha with ppl on jobs that may not work well together, especially if they're new.

But then again, it's your ls so what can I say.

How are you achieving the trusts tanking the adds on the solo?
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-08 15:43:03  
lhova said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Does Yilan leveling up wake the babies?

I just duoed Yilan for someone yesterday with trusts on BLU. It is easy IMO.

Yilan is soloable with a strong melee tp and ws until it dies with temps to block terror move, just make trust tank adds. The thing is that OP bring more than 6 and make hybrid setup with tons of jobs that needs different buffs(thus everyone gets none ideal buffs), so that makes thing harder than they should be since it levels up.

Also to the OP, while I understand that you want everyone in ls to get clear, you can clear multiple times with a smaller group and rotate everyone in, instead of going with big group and wipe several times and ended up spending more time on them. It's a 1 to 2 min fight solo or lowman, you can kill it a few times in like 20 min instead of going with 12 and wipe. It's extremely hard to coordinate a big group in escha with ppl on jobs that may not work well together, especially if they're new.

But then again, it's your ls so what can I say.

How are you achieving the trusts tanking the adds on the solo?

Just engage them. When soloing or duoing NM with 1 adds, such as Duke vepar, it's pretty useful.