Live-adaption Of Ghost In The Shell

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Live-adaption of Ghost in the Shell
Live-adaption of Ghost in the Shell
By Draylo 2016-04-18 11:38:45  
Holy hell people, this isn't a movie being made by Japan. It's made in the US so why would they use Asians? They are also trying to make this movie appeal to your average movie viewer not some nerd who thinks it should follow the anime 100% even down to the race of the cyborgs in it. Why doesn't Japan go and make the film themselves?

I literally can't stand some of these rabid fans who want these movie executives to follow their every whim, it makes me laugh. These people need to wipe the cheeto dust off their faces and realize they have no idea how to make a good movie or what the average viewer wants to see.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-04-18 11:44:38  
I have no problem with the lead, I mean, the Major uses a humanoid shell, the shell itself doesnt have to be "japanese" looking.

whoops. major spoiler there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-18 12:03:20  
If they are going to do their own thing then I feel they shouldn't call it GitS. Do I even need to remind people about Spirits Within? If Hollywood is trying to make money off the GitS name alone then shame on them, that nonsense needs to end.

Now if it actually turns out to be a great movie then cool, I'll go pay and see it, but as it stands I don't have much faith in Hollywood to make a good, serious GitS movie which is what I as a movie goer want to see if it's going to be called Ghost in the Shell.

I'm to lazy to go sign some petition, or send angry emails to executives about my displeasure, or any other nonsense people could be doing. While I don't have much I do have some faith that it may be a good movie. I'll speak with my wallet when the time comes and in the mean time see how it plays out while typing my feelings onto a MMORPG auction house forum while I do my login stuff.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-18 12:05:28  
Draylo said: »
Holy hell people, this isn't a movie being made by Japan. It's made in the US so why would they use Asians? They are also trying to make this movie appeal to your average movie viewer not some nerd who thinks it should follow the anime 100% even down to the race of the cyborgs in it. Why doesn't Japan go and make the film themselves?

I literally can't stand some of these rabid fans who want these movie executives to follow their every whim, it makes me laugh. These people need to wipe the cheeto dust off their faces and realize they have no idea how to make a good movie or what the average viewer wants to see.

I think a big part of it is how much more aware people are now of the whitewashing thing going on. You take a case like this where they could hire an asian-american actress for the part, maybe giving a lesser known actress a chance at a break, and instead they decide to push John Cena Johannsen.

The oscars got called out for being pretty much racist. There was recently a movie, something about Egypt, where all the cast were white actors.

I don't really care about it from the otaku perspective, I have never even seen Ghost whatever. What irks me is the fact that they really don't need to whitewash this role, yet they are giving it to someone who in all honesty has been super *** boring and bad in all of her super-heroine related roles.

Plus she looks like *** Ramona Flowers in that preview shot.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:07:30  
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
If Hollywood is trying to make money off the GitS name alone then shame on them,

Hollywood has no shame.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-04-18 12:08:40  
I see this and all I can think of is dragonball evolution
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-18 12:32:38  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Plus she looks like *** Ramona Flowers in that preview shot.

Close enough.jpg

Has there been any word on other castings? Because those would actually be worth bitching about in advance.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-18 12:56:37  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Close enough.jpg

I was also going to mention this. A hell of a lot of anime characters don't look very Japanese to me anyhow...and there's certainly a reason for that.

If I was a Japanese woman I'd be more fired up about that in the first place, all the men interested in chasing either teenagers or big-titted American women...
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-04-18 13:03:14  
if only petitions where enough to stop atrocities of movies, someone would have stopped Michael Bay from destroying childhoods.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-18 13:44:24  
They used a full Japanese cast for Attack on Titan movie. If Japanese fans want to *** about whitewashing on this upcoming GitS movie, they should do so on their own film makers before Hollywood.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-18 14:04:47  
How about a petition for it not to suck?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-04-21 10:26:26  
Quote:
Kodansha, the manga publisher behind the Ghost in the Shell series, has weighed in on the controversy over Scarlett Johansson's casting as Major Motoko Kusanagi.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter (via Kotaku), Kodansha's international business director, Sam Yoshiba, said that he was impressed with the respect being given to the manga.

"Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast," Yoshiba said. "She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place. This is a chance for a Japanese property to be seen around the world."
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [319 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-06 13:18:03  
Former Mythbuster Adam Savage has visited the Weta Workshop in New Zealand to get a look at the various robo-geisha props used throughout the highly controversial Ghost in the Shell movie.

YouTube Video Placeholder