Can Fomor And Shadow Spells Be Learned In Dynamis?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Can fomor and shadow spells be learned in Dynamis?
Can fomor and shadow spells be learned in Dynamis?
 Leviathan.Loona
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-06-02 11:11:49  
Basically the title question - since apparently the Hydra corps mobs one can find in Dynamis Beaucedine and Dynamis Tavnazia use both fomor and shadow mob abilities, unifying their concepts, is there any record of both Dimensional Death and Barbed crescent being learned from them?
By Enuyasha 2016-06-02 11:30:58  
Pretty sure you can learn moves from any level of mob as long as its that particular mob family (Like you can only learn Head Butt from Mandragoras, but you cant from Quaduvs which use the exact same move).

So in theory, you should be able to learn the fomor moves from the hydra corps as long as you meet the requirements.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-06-02 11:38:12  
Enuyasha said: »
Pretty sure you can learn moves from any level of mob as long as its that particular mob family (Like you can only learn Head Butt from Mandragoras, but you cant from Quaduvs which use the exact same move).

So in theory, you should be able to learn the fomor moves from the hydra corps as long as you meet the requirements.

Btw head butt is the other way around its from Quadavs and not Mandies.
[+]
 Leviathan.Loona
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-06-02 11:46:14  

It's not a matter of level, it's a matter of being able to learn both spells from the same mob type in a specific place, considering usually you have to get them from mobs in very different places, that don't usually share moves.

I'm trying to figure this out for the sake of the draft of a mini-guide I'm putting together on the order in which to get your spells, taking into account you can get more than 1 spell from some mobs families, so for people who'd rather level to 99 and then learn their spells, or at least take a similar-enough approach, the necessary travelling would be minimized by only learning from a mob family when you can learn the highest-level spell from that mob type - that way, even if you fail to get one of the spells you might get the other.

The shadow/fomor issue throws a bit of a wrench into these gears, since I'm yet to find a report of people learning the corresponding spells from the only mobs I'm aware of that seem to have both sets of abilities...
By fillerbunny9 2016-06-02 12:01:20  
considering Dynamis is the best place to learn Quadrastrike, it would presumably be the case IF the mobs actually use those abilities. the only division that SE has ever seemed to put in place regarding Learning, was that it was the correct mob family that the ability comes from as well as the mob actually being able to use it. (certain CoP area only issues would crop up where the mob type had a different move list). while it is possible that SE could have some weird restriction in place just for Fomors in Dynamis, I find it somewhat doubtful.
By Enuyasha 2016-06-02 12:03:08  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »

Btw head butt is the other way around its from Quadavs and not Mandies.
herp.

Leviathan.Loona said: »

It's not a matter of level, it's a matter of being able to learn both spells from the same mob type in a specific place, considering usually you have to get them from mobs in very different places, that don't usually share moves.

I'm trying to figure this out for the sake of the draft of a mini-guide I'm putting together on the order in which to get your spells, taking into account you can get more than 1 spell from some mobs families, so for people who'd rather level to 99 and then learn their spells, or at least take a similar-enough approach, the necessary travelling would be minimized by only learning from a mob family when you can learn the highest-level spell from that mob type - that way, even if you fail to get one of the spells you might get the other.

The shadow/fomor issue throws a bit of a wrench into these gears, since I'm yet to find a report of people learning the corresponding spells from the only mobs I'm aware of that seem to have both sets of abilities...
Well, im pretty sure you can learn either moveset from those mobs as long as you have the skill and the appropriate means to feed them TP without just utterly destroying them.
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-06-02 12:16:11  
Aren't there some moves that only come from certain subsets of mobs too? Mamool moves are split, I think, even though both types use them.

Personal experience makes me suspect that Body Slam may not be learnable in Dynamis, but I may have just had very specific bad luck (I learned it from the second Dahak I tried).

I don't recall where I learned the Fomor moves though, so I can't confirm those.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-02 13:25:37  
Hydra are Fomors and not Shadows, so you cannot learn Dimensional Death from them even if they use it. That spell can only be learned in original RotZ areas.
On Blue Mage Hunting Grounds, it doesn't list any Dynamis area as a camp to learn Barbed Crescent. That site was very accurate for spells before SoA. So, I would have to say that the answer to your question is: no.
Nice of you to make a guide though. I would suggest 1 thing for the BLU that wants to collect all the spells, get Bludgeon before lv 99. The strongest enemies that use it are lv 24 and you'll end up spamming dia for hours before you get it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-02 19:27:45  
Asura.Isiolia said: »
Aren't there some moves that only come from certain subsets of mobs too? Mamool moves are split, I think, even though both types use them.

Personal experience makes me suspect that Body Slam may not be learnable in Dynamis, but I may have just had very specific bad luck (I learned it from the second Dahak I tried).

I don't recall where I learned the Fomor moves though, so I can't confirm those.
Not only Mamools but Trolls and Lamia beastmen as well.

Firespit comes only from mage mamools(they are blue).
Warmup only from melee mamools(they are brown).

Enervation from unarmored trolls.
Diamondhide from armored(looks like platemail) trolls.

Tailslap from merrow.
Hysteric Barrage from Lamia.