言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
First Page 2 3 4 5
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 15:27:12  

Square Enix just announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, an HD remaster of the classic Final Fantasy XII coming to PS4 in 2017.

The remaster will be based on the Japanese re-release Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System, and will feature several improvements to graphics, features and gameplay.
  • Backgrounds, characters models and even cutscenes and fonts will be overhauled in high resolution to match the current generation.

• Audio will support 7.1 surround sound.

• High-Quality voice acting will be included.

• Both Japanese and English voices will be available as a selection in the options.

• Music will also be available in two versions: “original” and “re-recorded”as a selection in the options.

• Loading times will be reduced.

• An auto-save feature will be added.

• The Turbo Mode introduced with the re-release will also be improved.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 15:35:48  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo

Graphic so much better, I always found XII to be damn ugly in the aspect of characters/mobs visuals they always had this strange effect on them.

Also this probably means there will be a pc version too eventually.
Seha said: »
Prepare for hq Fran booty
Well, no matter how many remaster they make there is no saving for Vaan's ugliness or for Penelo's sense of style.
Reposting comments since repost :v
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 15:36:28  
Praying for an eventual PC release. They've been releasing them on PC quite steadily lately, so I hope this is an eventual addition.

Not on launch of course, cause well, PS4 sales etc etc.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-06-06 15:37:11  
If they release the Level 99 Judges in official English, say good bye to Yiazmat.

Yiazmat can be cheesed, level 99 judges cannot and you need to kill one of them in less than 45 seconds I believe, plus they're anti reverse. Reverse: They Elixir you. Don't deal with them asap > They all 1 shot your characters.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 15:37:31  
I'm positive there will be. Can't think of any reason why there wouldn't since they're making them all for pc(even the ps3 ones).

edit: was replying to K
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 15:39:13  
Reposting comments since repost :v
Thanks, I actually was about to dig through RT and do that myself.

I literally just got off work, came home, D told me about this cool new trailer I should watch. I think, hmmm... is this anime again. and then my inner rude thoughts are just thrown down and I just start celebrating and think I have to make a topic for this if someone hasn't done it already!
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-06-06 15:48:20  
Can't wait - was the last "true" Final Fantasy in the franchise.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 15:51:45  
Quote:
The Turbo Mode introduced with the re-release will also be improved.

This, and the Zodiac Job System itself, are the reasons I went through the effort of English Patching it a few years back. To have an official release on PS4 however? Oh, I look forward to this. Wonder if they'll allow you to choose between the original License Board and Zodiac kinda like with FFX's Sphere Grids.
[+]
 Fairy.Malphius
サーバ: Fairy
user: Malphius
By Fairy.Malphius 2016-06-06 15:53:28  
FFXII sucked. Remastering it won't fix the terrible game play.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 15:58:44  
Fairy.Malphius said: »
terrible game play.

<_< lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 15:58:54  
Siren.Novadragon said: »
If they release the Level 99 Judges in official English, say good bye to Yiazmat.

Yiazmat can be cheesed, level 99 judges cannot and you need to kill one of them in less than 45 seconds I believe, plus they're anti reverse. Reverse: They Elixir you. Don't deal with them asap > They all 1 shot your characters.
Yiazmat is even easier (well, shorter) in IZJS, due to the removal of the 9,999 damage cap. Among numerous other balance changes.

Thanks for the incredibly useless and unwanted commentary.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-06-06 16:02:03  
No doubt to that, he can be killed in less than 1 minute abusing Turbo Mode.

Turbo Mode is so addicting, saves so much painful running.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 16:03:34  
What I really didn't like about combat is the blandness(is it a word?)of abilities. It was pretty boring in that aspect to me, which I suffered particularly because it's set in Ivalice.

I have a much bigger gripe with this game but I'll save it for another post.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 16:05:01  
Turbo Mode seems like such a smart strategy for older games. Not as many people would be willing to play the game again if they had to sit through the game at normal speed. Speeding up certain parts that feel grindy would be amazing.

100%'ing the game just takes so dang long, my playtime was like... 200 hours or something silly.

I loved that game so much. It's the most time I've put into an offline FF game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 16:08:19  
Well, seeing as FFXII was basically a single player edition of FFXI... I don't quite see why you'd think it was bad. The only issue I ever found with it was the speed, and turbo more than made up for that. Outside of that, it felt basically the same as modern FFXI, ***, your party was basically highly customizable Trusts even... <_<;
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 16:08:24  
What I really didn't like about combat is the blandness(is it a word?)of abilities. It was pretty boring in that aspect to me, which I suffered particularly because it's set in Ivalice.

I have a much bigger gripe with this game but I'll save it for another post.
I've always said it but I felt the story and ending especially are by far the most obvious weaknesses of the game.

However, since it's been 10 years since it's release, I don't even remember the story anymore. I just know I hated the ending, and it felt so abrupt.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-06 16:08:31  
this was the final fantasy that stopped me. i don't count x-2 as a real thing. i wanted to play xii, but it was after xi came out and i was like "ZERMERGERD I'M SHOOTING ARROWS AND GOLDSMITHING", and didn't have time for any other games. i tried going back and playing it, but didn't get more than a hour or two in. i kept wanting to do all the hunts and side stuff. i think i was playing it like an mmo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 16:09:22  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Well, seeing as FFXII was basically a single player edition of FFXI
I see people saying this all the time. I don't understand it at all, it's nothing like XI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 16:11:04  
Turbo Mode is absolutely amazing. Farming/stealing the items used to make the best weapons in the game is incredibly time consuming and the ability to speed that up is a godsend.

Agreed.

Shades of Black and Telekinesis are probably the only abilities I use for actual combat and they only apply to very specific fights.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-06-06 16:13:17  
Kalila said: »
Turbo Mode seems like such a smart strategy for older games. Not as many people would be willing to play the game again if they had to sit through the game at normal speed. Speeding up certain parts that feel grindy would be amazing.

100%'ing the game just takes so dang long, my playtime was like... 200 hours or something silly.

I loved that game so much. It's the most time I've put into an offline FF game.

It is amazing, it makes the mob farming more bearable slaughtering everything in your path, and trying to rush through a zone. It made everyone become The Flash from DC.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 16:19:19  
I see people saying this all the time. I don't understand it at all, it's nothing like XI.
-Open world with zone boundaries
-Encounters are enemies roaming the map with no transition
-Auto-attack based combat with a semi-job system
-Grinding
-Notorious Monsters in the form of Hunts

It lacks the online component, interesting abilities, weapon skills, job swapping on individual characters, and crafting.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2016-06-06 16:21:35  
Each Character have optimal job setups, it's your call to set them or not.

Ashe is a god at Samurai.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 16:21:54  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
a semi-job system
Even in the zodiac I really don't buy this. My complaint about abilities which I made earlier plays into this. It's very generic.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 16:25:20  
a semi-job system
Even in the zodiac I really don't buy this. My complaint about abilities which I made earlier plays into this. It's very generic.
There's enough of a difference between the 'jobs' that if you want to do the hardest content, party composition is a real consideration you have to make.

It's not particularly amazing, but it's better than the base game. And certainly more XI-like.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 16:27:34  
And certainly more XI-like.
Cannot agree at all.
Even X-2 has a more "XI-like" class system.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 16:28:59  
Do we get to play as Basch, the real main character, or are we still that little mary sue ***?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 16:30:23  
And certainly more XI-like.
Cannot agree at all.
Even X-2 has a more "XI-like" class system.
Didn't say it's extremely XI-like by any means.

IZJS XII is more XI-like than base XII. That is all I was saying.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 16:37:03  
-Open world with zone boundaries
-Encounters are enemies roaming the map with no transition
-Auto-attack based combat with a semi-job system
-Grinding
-Notorious Monsters in the form of Hunts

It lacks the online component, interesting abilities, weapon skills, job swapping on individual characters, and crafting.
That basically sums up my reasons. It was open, had a pretty large world, the auto-attack/spell system was very similar to XI in my opinion, and the Hunts/NMs/Grinding aspects were all similar. Crafting existed in a way via the bazaar, though it's bleh, and the lack of WSs/more unique abilities did kinda kill off some level of similarities, but all in all I think it's easily the closest in core gameplay to a single player FFXI that we're likely to ever see.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-06 16:41:57  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Do we get to play as Basch, the real main character, or are we still that little mary sue ***?
Balthier is the true main character, srsly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 16:53:20  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Balthier is the true main character, srsly.
He even said it at one point, did he not?
First Page 2 3 4 5