users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Gearswap help
Gearswap help
 Lakshmi.Cadant
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2016-06-29 11:05:53  
Not sure if the SMN forums are a better place to ask this or not...

Is it possible to have my macro book/page automatically change according to what avatar I have out?

ex: I have no avatar out so I'm on book 1 page 1. This book has macros to summon all avatars. I summon Garuda and it changes automatically to page 6 which has macros solely for Garuda BPs.

Is this something that is possible to add, and if so, could anyone tell me how or point me to something that might help me understand how to add it in?

I know the THF lua I found will automatically put you on the correct book/page depending on your subjob, so I figured it was doable but I have very little experience with this kind of stuff.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-06-29 11:23:52  
You could catch this in your aftercast function.
Code
if spell.type=="SummonerPact" and not spell.interrupted then
	if spell.english=="Garuda" then
		send_command('input /macro book 1; wait .1; input /macro set 6')
	elseif spell.english=="Ifrit" then
		--blahblah
	end
elseif not pet.isvalid then
	send_command('input /macro book 1; wait .1; input /macro set 1') --default macro set
end
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-06-29 14:48:16  
You don't need gearswap to do this, my first page is all summon macros.

line 1: /ma "Shiva" <me>
line 2: /macro set 2

automatically calls all the shiva macros. (which are on set 2)
If you need to use a different book (which I think I might because there's more than 9 avatars):

line 2: /macro book 3
line 3: /macro set 10

(or whatever the numbers should be)

I have the same button on all macros which does release and returns to the original book set.

What flippant posted is nice if the pet dies since it will save you a button to return to the main set.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-06-29 15:01:49  
Actually, I'm silly. What Brimstone said made me remember there's a pet_change function, so it'd be better to use that.
Code
function pet_change(pet,gain)
	if gain then
		if pet.name=="Garuda" then
			send_command('input /macro book 1; wait .1; input /macro set 6')
		elseif pet.name=="Ifrit" then
			--blahblah
		end
	else
		send_command('input /macro book 1; wait .1; input /macro set 1')
	end
end
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [415 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-08-18 09:08:11  
I think a great feature for alot of gearswap lua files would be to be able to simply export sets.

For example, right now, If I download a lua that someone has made, I then go thru the lua and swap in gear that I have to fill out the same sets.

However, It would be alot more efficient to adapt or update a lua if I could simply use the gearswap export function.

For example, I'm in game and I equip the gear for Fast Cast for my blue mage, and instead of writing in the gear, I simply export it, and overwrite my existing Xilkk_blu_FC.lua file and that updates my gearset.

I imagine one would want to make a list of all sets in the primary lua, and separate files for each updatable gearset. I think this would be a very desirable feature for the most popular and distributed gearswap lua files.

I'm not sure if this would be a problematic overhead for speed and processing, but I DO think it would make updating and adapting gearsets and lua files very smooth. i think people would be less likely to mess up lua's and potentially less time supporting lua's that people have made and shared.

Anyone know what commands to use to adapt the exported sets this way?