Windower/FFXI Crashing. Can't Figure It Out...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower/FFXI crashing. Can't figure it out...
Windower/FFXI crashing. Can't figure it out...
First Page 2
By AkiKrylon 2016-07-06 14:03:25  
First off thanks for coming into this thread at all! :D

I'll try to keep this as much to the point as possible. I've read a million other threads/posts from google searches and cannot get FFXI to work with windower no matter what I do. Windowed mode, full screen mode, borderless window, a ton of different resolutions and settings. It just refuses to launch with Windower.

Surface Pro 4
Windows 10

FFXI works perfectly fine with vanilla POL/FFXI
FFXI works perfectly fine with Ashita.

PoL launches fine with Windower
FFXI crashes on the transition from PoL to FFXI with Windower. Every single damn time -.- /rage

Edit: PoL "closes" like it normally does, the window that FFXI would presumably be in opens but before any image or anything loads it closes and it throws a "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" generic error.

Tried looking at log files but nothing seems to make sense. A lot of the posts I have found say that some Windows 10 environments "just don't work with Windower/FFXI" but that just sounds like "who the *** knows".

Ashita is fine as an alternative but I always preferred Windower to be quite honest.

If anyone can help, I'd be forever in your debt! /bow

Edit: DirectPlay is enabled and all that jazz. Tried the run as admin/set compatibility mode to windows 8/7/vista. Tried literally every variation of settings but nothing =/
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-07-06 14:32:11  
Any clues/errors in Event Viewer?
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2016-07-06 14:39:56  
Just found this in the event viewer...not sure what to make of it though?

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x610
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d7bdccdb999f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-06T19:38:08.071714200Z" />
<EventRecordID>14411</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>pol.exe</Data>
<Data>1.18.13.0</Data>
<Data>4e3bcddc</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>610</Data>
<Data>01d1d7bdccdb999f</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>c65d5e6a-a9a2-431a-933c-7ccc24f256e7</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
</EventData>
</Event>
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-07-06 15:04:44  

hmm not much to go on there
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-06 15:08:01  
Asura.Toralin said: »

hmm not much to go on there

Yea unfortunately =/

This issue is a giant pain in the ***.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-06 16:02:14  
I have the exact same problem as well. I'm fairly certain it's a Windows 10 issue, where Windower just doesn't like you running it on Windows 10. I've seen at least one of the developers for Windower simply say there's nothing they can do about it, either.

The closest answer/solution I've found so far is that it's a problem for people who have upgraded from an older OS to 10, rather than doing a clean install of Windows 10. This is apparently because the locations of certain files get shuffled around in the process of updating in a way that Windower doesn't recognize (or something, I'm not a computer expert).

So, the solution I've seen a couple of people suggest is to do a clean install of Windows 10. Which I have yet to even attempt, because who has the time or wants to do that? Especially just for the sake of running Windower. Also you're on a surface, and if it came with Windows 10 from the start, this doesn't help you at all.

The whole situation for people who have this problem is a giant annoyance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2016-07-06 16:08:21  
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
I have the exact same problem as well. I'm fairly certain it's a Windows 10 issue, where Windower just doesn't like you running it on Windows 10. I've seen at least one of the developers for Windower simply say there's nothing they can do about it, either.

The closest answer/solution I've found so far is that it's a problem for people who have upgraded from an older OS to 10, rather than doing a clean install of Windows 10. This is apparently because the locations of certain files get shuffled around in the process of updating in a way that Windower doesn't recognize (or something, I'm not a computer expert).

So, the solution I've seen a couple of people suggest is to do a clean install of Windows 10. Which I have yet to even attempt, because who has the time or wants to do that? Especially just for the sake of running Windower. Also you're on a surface, and if it came with Windows 10 from the start, this doesn't help you at all.

The whole situation for people who have this problem is a giant annoyance.

Yup I have read the same thing about Windows 10 upgraded and windows 10 clean install.

I installed XI on here and Windows 10 was on it out of the box so there's no way it could be that. And at this point I have so many different things on here that wiping the whole thing clean just to use Windower, without a guarantee that it will even work is totally not worth the trouble.

Super super freaking annoying :(
 Bismarck.Phaded
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-07-06 16:13:57  
They have actually made doing a clean reinstall from within the OS a no-brainer.

Start Menu > Settings > Recovery > "Reset this PC" > Remove Everything

Backup personal files before hand as needed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2016-07-06 16:16:47  
Bismarck.Phaded said: »
They have actually made doing a clean reinstall from within the OS a no-brainer.

Start Menu > Settings > Recovery > "Reset this PC" > Remove Everything

Backup personal files before hand as needed.

Absolutely correct, but I fresh installed XI on Windows 10 from the beginning since this machine came with Windows 10 on it already. I don't see how doing that would help =/

Saving my personal files and stuff is easy, but it'd be super annoying to have to re-configure everything on my machine just to end up in the same spot I am in now anyway.

Not to mention the Surface Pros have a ton of little tweaks that need to be done to optimize it that I would have to re-research and do all over again. Totally not worth the risk of doing all that for absolutely nothing :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2016-07-06 16:21:40  
@Kasaioni

What are you doing as a work around? Ashita or just vanilla XI?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-06 17:17:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
@Kasaioni

Vanilla. I can't use Ashita either because every time I try to launch with it it says "Failed to inject to pol" and I don't know how to fix that either.

Edit: Scratch that; was able to get Ashita to work by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 64x & 86x, which I apparently did not have. Maybe Windower will work now (it doesn't).
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-07 10:48:49  
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
@Kasaioni

Vanilla. I can't use Ashita either because every time I try to launch with it it says "Failed to inject to pol" and I don't know how to fix that either.

Edit: Scratch that; was able to get Ashita to work by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 64x & 86x, which I apparently did not have. Maybe Windower will work now (it doesn't).

I had the exact same scenario and finally got Ashita to work, so I just stick with that now. It's very very similar to Windower.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-07 10:51:45  
This issue has been recurrent since the release of 8 for the users of 8/8.1/10 and the only real solution I've seen for people is to do a full reinstall from a disc. (Not from the recovery partition, which is the option referenced above), however it requires some technical knowledge to do so.

I'm not certain, but is 10 even listed as supported by windower?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-07 14:24:35  
Jetackuu said: »
This issue has been recurrent since the release of 8 for the users of 8/8.1/10 and the only real solution I've seen for people is to do a full reinstall from a disc. (Not from the recovery partition, which is the option referenced above), however it requires some technical knowledge to do so.

I'm not certain, but is 10 even listed as supported by windower?
Not sure where the supported OS's would be listed, but I doubt it.

If I were to do a fresh install from a disc/usb, is something like the first option described here what I should be doing then?
By Jetackuu 2016-07-07 14:33:18  
Option 1 is what I would do, personally, yeah. But you will need to manually reinstall all of your software and drivers, keep that in mind.
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 14:03:33  
I have been wanting to come back myself, but because I built a new pc, I was forced to get windows 10. I am able to run the game on vanilla and ashita... (I have no clue how to play on that) but on windower it doesn't go past the pol>ffxi. I have no idea how to fix it or anything. Is there a way to use the gearswap from windower on ashita? If so, how do you implement it into ashita?
By Jetackuu 2016-08-05 14:04:34  
Luminohelix said: »
I was forced to get windows 10.

No you weren't...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-05 14:28:26  
I was forced to get windows 10.

No you weren't...
Duh, M$ held a gun to his head, told him to upgrade to Windows 10 or they will blow his *** brain out.
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-08-05 15:14:43  
Nah thats a simple fix I think. Go to the FFXI config file in the ffxi install folder. Open it up and then change the resolution. I cant remember it 100% but this has happened to me like 4 times. Try searching it on going but I know changing the resolution on the ffxi config and trying it that way worked.
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 15:16:24  
Ok maybe I should not have said forced. When I went into store to buy an OS they only offered windows 10 so that's what I got. My own fault. Anyways, I just want to play and it's not working so any help would be appreciated :)! Also thanks for the laughs <3. Microsoft did hold a gun to my head ;)!
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 15:18:47  
Asura.Blittzjr said: »
Nah thats a simple fix I think. Go to the FFXI config file in the ffxi install folder. Open it up and then change the resolution. I cant remember it 100% but this has happened to me like 4 times. Try searching it on going but I know changing the resolution on the ffxi config and trying it that way worked.
I've gone to Reddit and the windower forums to try and figure it out. None of those options helped.
By Jetackuu 2016-08-05 15:24:31  
Ok maybe I should not have said forced. When I went into store to buy an OS they only offered windows 10 so that's what I got. My own fault. Anyways, I just want to play and it's not working so any help would be appreciated :)! Also thanks for the laughs <3. Microsoft did hold a gun to my head ;)!

Did you get Windows professional? or just home?
By Chancellor 2016-08-05 15:59:07  
The first time I used FFXI with windows 10 it said I needed to install direct play for it to work. It installed automatically for me. If you open the control panel, program and features, go to turn windows features on or off in the left corner, then open the legacy components and make sure it is checked on, if not check it and it will install. This may be the issue.
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 16:00:57  

Did you get Windows professional? or just home?
Pro :(
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 16:01:26  
Chancellor said: »
The first time I used FFXI with windows 10 it said I needed to install direct play for it to work. It installed automatically for me. If you open the control panel, program and features, go to turn windows features on or off in the left corner, then open the legacy components and make sure it is checked on, if not check it and it will install. This may be the issue.
I've done that, no dice :(!
 Carbuncle.Klim
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: klim
By Carbuncle.Klim 2016-08-05 16:03:58  
Try setting your preferred window mode with the FFXI config tool (in the ToolsUS/EU folder, run as admin). Then set the same window mode in windower. This fixes the issue whenever it happens to me.
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 16:14:34  
Carbuncle.Klim said: »
Try setting your preferred window mode with the FFXI config tool (in the ToolsUS/EU folder, run as admin). Then set the same window mode in windower. This fixes the issue whenever it happens to me.
Done and done, no dice :(!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Luminohelix 2016-08-05 18:07:03  
Zirconian said: »
Both 2015 visual studio files in the programs settings are not the same file size so choose between the 64 bit or 32 bit download for visual studio 2015. I chose the 64 bit version which worked for me. See if that works :D
:( nope
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2016-08-05 18:15:27  
Solutions I've read in various places:
--Disable the opening movie
--Close Firefox if running (especially with Flash content on the page, this crashes my Windower on Windows 7 even)
--Right after clicking Play in PoL, quickly Alt-Tab so another window has focus (yes, someone actually said this worked)

Also, some ideas that may or may not work: try disabling Bump Mapping in FFXI, and set FFXIConfig to full screen, same resolution as your desktop, then set Windower to Borderless Window, same resolution as your desktop.
First Page 2