users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DA vs WSD for Reso/Torc
DA vs WSD for Reso/Torc
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-09-15 13:38:57  
So i am finally getting back into the swing of things and very close to finishing the AG on my Ragnarok.

I want to make sure that I am remembering things correctly after my 3+ year hiatus. So I am trying to get the best overall sets in place for both Resolution and Torcleaver.

Please correct me if I am wrong but any gear that has WSD+ on it will only affect the first swing on Resolution and thus mixing in some DA might be more beneficial.

Now Torcleaver on the other hand would be better suited with just straight VIT and WSD+ as its just a one shot WS.

If anyone has sets they believe are great for what I am looking for please post away.

I was thinking mostly Argosy on Res and Mix/Mash of WSD/VIT+ for my Torc but never hurts to discuss.

Thanks!
By Bloodrose 2016-09-15 13:53:05  
You should look at the actual modifiers on Torcleaver, since it's been updated to a STR/VIT modifier.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-09-15 14:19:01  
Pretty sure that's scourge not torcleaver
 Asura.Thorva
サーバ: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-15 14:43:33  
Reso will greatly benefit from str/attk/double attk and at higher levels don't forget the need for acc in your build.

For torc, a lot of times I see people fail making their sets because they only stack vit, you still need attack, acc (not as much acc since single hit ws get the acc bonus for 100% of the ws since it is only one hit, and the first hit gets a +100 acc bonus) and ws dmg. It will take some balancing before you get the proper mix on torc to consistently see 20k+ ws with torc.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-09-15 15:22:29  
ItemSet 304721

This is what I was thinking for an ideal Resolution set, obviously if gil was not a factor.
By Gruknor 2016-09-15 15:35:06  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
ItemSet 304721

This is what I was thinking for an ideal Resolution set, obviously if gil was not a factor.

There is a whole thread dedicated to drk sets http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48937/up-to-date-item-sets-and-gearswap-scripts/ it does not have everything but it is a good place to look. Argosy+1 is very costly, but for now that is a good goal. Some pieces might be better for certain situations, you also need to figure in acc, are you doing SR? ambuscade? escha? reisenjima? htb? It is best to have multiple gearsets for Resolution, high acc, mid acc, low acc, dt, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-09-15 15:48:12  
Torcleaver is VIT.
Scourge is STR/MND holy ***, its been ST/VIT and I seriously was gearing str/mnd. Wouldn't change my gear sets much though, but good find.
Resolution is STR.

You can get by with Ifrit Ring+1 x2 for your ring slots.

Also, price of Argosy+1 has come down a bit, except body. So that's a goal. Gracile Grip is no longer favored in many sets, as Ioskeha Belt already gives you the necessary haste needed to hit your cap. Which means you can go back to using Bloodrain Strap for stp+6 acc+6.

I don't use Brutal Earring in my Resolution Set, but rather Zwazo +1 (Lugra+1 when applicable). I guess it just depends on your needs. I tend to sacrifice the extra DA from that slot and use zwazo, since I'm getting the bonus from 3/5 argosy+1 (as well as the DA path I chose for hands).
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-09-15 16:12:12  
Quote:
There is a whole thread dedicated to drk sets http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48937/up-to-date-item-sets-and-gearswap-scripts/ it does not have everything but it is a good place to look. Argosy+1 is very costly, but for now that is a good goal. Some pieces might be better for certain situations, you also need to figure in acc, are you doing SR? ambuscade? escha? reisenjima? htb? It is best to have multiple gearsets for Resolution, high acc, mid acc, low acc, dt, etc.

Thank you, I did look through that thread but it was mostly Apoc/Lib sets with only a handful of MacBain reso/torc sets. I figured a more narrowed thread would help. But yes I did start there =)
[+]
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-09-15 17:05:42  
ItemSet 304721

No evasion or magic evasion gotta be carefull lol
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-15 18:30:21  
ItemSet 304721

You can NQ that entire set, throw on some ifrit rings (even NQ there as well) cessance earring and moonshade, you will do very well for yourself with reso.

As for torc, I almost will never say best in slot for any sets for the very reason of random augment gear, I blame that 100% for the lack of sets in the forum.

With that being said, your torc set will be compromised mostly of odyssean and or valorous gear with sulv +1 feet, your goal will be to get the normal acc/attk +20(ish) with wsdmg +4-5% per augmented piece, (not likely you will beat sulv +1 feet.)
Earrings will be moonshade/ishvara, rings will be titan, vit ammo, arguable for neck/belt, I just stick with the fotia, and the back will be acc/attk, VIT, WSdmg from ambuscade.

I use this for torc now, took a metric *** ton of stones for augments
ammo Brigantia Pebble
head Odyssean Helm, augs Acc+32/Attack+25,WSdamage +4%, VIT+9
body Odyss. Chestplate, augs, Acc+30/attk+18, WSdamage+5%, VIT+7
hands Odyssean Gauntlets, augs, Acc/Attk+26, WSdamage +5%
legs Odyssean Cuisses, augs, Acc/Attk+24, WSdamage +5%, Vit+8'
feet Sulev. Leggings +1
neck Fotia Gorget
waist Fotia Belt
left ear Moonshade Earring, augs, Accuracy+4, TP Bonus +25
right ear Ishvara Earring
left ring Titan Ring +1
right ring Titan Ring +1
back Ankou's Mantle, augs, VIT+30, Acc/Attk+20, WSdamage+10%
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-15 22:35:57  
thorva teach me how to hax augs .... i cant get ***near what you do for acc while having wsd on odys gear...
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 06:31:37  
I use the whine and cry method, do that until you get the augments you want. Only takes about 1.2k stones per piece as opposed to the 1.3k normal.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-09-16 10:33:40  
Thanks for the response everyone. I appreciate it. Glad to see I'm not totally crazy and do remember a few things. ;)