日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP GearSwap Question
PUP GearSwap Question
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 08:27:14  
I have done all I could to make it work however I yet to make sure it has a pet.engaged.Tank (Which would be PDT) set working

Not sure what I am doing wrong here ><

http://pastebin.com/57TJa5tR

I would like to add a keybind so when i press for example ALT + F8 it would switch between "Current SET" for sets.idle.Pet.Engaged and a (PDT) set for sets.idle.Pet.Engaged

Also is there an easy way to add a set for when I am engaged and my pet is engaged as well ? (Just wondering)

and also if there are any changes on armor that could help on pet.Weaponskill SET please give me a hand here guys.

Thank You :D
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2016-09-16 10:11:22  
I am interested in the answer to your first question as well. I am just beginning to set up my gearswap for pup.

As for the gear for pet ws, the ambuscade cape can help alot.
For my first one I went with pet stats for a general use cape:
Code
back={name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Haste+10',}}
The Animator P's also give more pet stat bonuses than divinators.

Another question to add to the thread, is it possible to have a sets.precast.Pet set equipped on the puppetmaster?? Like the midcast pet actions that will swap the master's gear. I'm thinking FC for pet cures/enfeebles/nukes, though from what I understand it won't affect recast timers. (Naga path C)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 10:42:52  
Phoenix.Tiburon said: »
I am interested in the answer to your first question as well. I am just beginning to set up my gearswap for pup.

As for the gear for pet ws, the ambuscade cape can help alot.
For my first one I went with pet stats for a general use cape:
Code
back={name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Haste+10',}}
The Animator P's also give more pet stat bonuses than divinators.

Another question to add to the thread, is it possible to have a sets.precast.Pet set equipped on the puppetmaster?? Like the midcast pet actions that will swap the master's gear. I'm thinking FC for pet cures/enfeebles/nukes, though from what I understand it won't affect recast timers. (Naga path C)

That is what my mantle has for Ambuscade PUP

also got :

Dispersal Mantle

(STR+4 DEX+4 Martial Arts +16 Pet: TP Bonus+440)

Which I use for PET WS settup

I would have to test but its not impossible, just time consuming to re-write it all from scratch (Which I might have to do anyways) If I do Re-Write it, I shall send you a copy my PUP Fellow Friend :D

Hopefully somebody can reply to both of us :D

I did noticed when I engage, it equips armor for ME (Not for my Pet: Engaged) which is fine, but would be cool to be able to switch around armor (Might have to make a set.engaged.pet then put armor I want but for now, works, Just interested into making sure it can be switched with idle.pet.engaged.PDT or something like that

a Toggle even !
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-16 10:54:11  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
I would like to add a keybind so when i press for example ALT + F8 it would switch between "Current SET" for sets.idle.Pet.Engaged and a (PDT) set for sets.idle.Pet.Engaged

Is there any reason you would not like to use Idle modes for this? You could add it with the rest of your modes:
Code
state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PetDT')

and then your sets would be constructed as: sets.idle.<IdleMode>.Pet.<PetMode>. (If sets.idle.<IdleMode> doesn't exist, it will skip the <IdleMode>. i.e., you do not need to make "Normal" sets, just the PetDT version(s).) For example, sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.Tank and sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.Tank. Or if all your PetDT sets will be the same, you can just use sets.idle.PetDT. If not, then keep in mind you will need to create tables for everything (sets.idle.PetDT, sets.idle.PetDT.Pet, and sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged must exist before sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.Tank can be created).

By default, Mote sets cycle IdleMode to ctrl+F12.

Also is there an easy way to add a set for when I am engaged and my pet is engaged as well ? (Just wondering)
You could add this function to your file:
Code
function job_handle_equipping_gear(playerStatus, eventArgs)
    classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()
    if pet.status=="Engaged" then
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('PetEngaged')
    end
end

And your melee sets would be something like sets.engaged.Acc.PetEngaged, etc.

Edit: Actually, I'm not satisfied with my answer to your second question. Give me a few minutes.
Edit 2: Okay, I think that's better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 11:08:29  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »

Is there any reason you would not like to use Idle modes for this? You could add it with the rest of your modes:
Code
state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PetDT')

and then your sets would be constructed as: sets.idle.<IdleMode>.Pet.<PetMode>. (If sets.idle.<IdleMode> doesn't exist, it will skip the <IdleMode>. i.e., you do not need to make "Normal" sets, just the PetDT version(s).) For example, sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.Tank and sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.Tank. Or if all your PetDT sets will be the same, you can just use sets.idle.PetDT. If not, then keep in mind you will need to create tables for everything (sets.idle.PetDT, sets.idle.PetDT.Pet, and sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged must exist before sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.Tank can be created).

By default, Mote sets cycle IdleMode to ctrl+F12.

You could add this function to your file:
Code
    end
end

And your melee sets would be something like sets.engaged.Acc.PetEngaged, etc.

Edit: Actually, I'm not satisfied with my answer to your second question. Give me a few minutes.
Edit 2: Okay, I think that's better.

Cool Thanks

so with this added it should work, I gonna start coding it now :D

Ty so much.

Edit:

btw idle set is different than idle.pet.engaged set

so would this really work ?

Considering it also has a VAR of heads and all.

Wondering cuz my Idle.pet.engaged is only activated when pet attacks mob , otherwise it is my sets.Idle that is active
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-16 11:40:28  
Well if you have a pet out and it's not engaged, then it will use sets.idle.PetDT or sets.idle.PetDT.Pet (if they exist). If it is engaged, it will look for sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.<PetMode>. If the <PetMode> child isn't found, then it will just use sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged. (and if the Engaged child doesn't exist, it will use sets.idle.PetDT.Pet, so on and so forth).

Basically, if it doesn't find the next step, then it will skip it until it finds another step it can take. Once it looks for all the steps, it will equip whatever set it stopped at.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 13:53:54  
Tested out the
Code
    end
end

Works but not entirely how I expected to work

for example

After Creating this
Code
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	-- When Pet is Engaged this what will be Equiped for armor while your weapons are Drawn.
	------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	sets.engaged.PetEngaged = {range="Divinator",ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
		head="Pitre Taj +1",neck="Empath Necklace",ear1="Handler's Earring +1",ear2="Burana Earring",
		body="Foire Tobe +1",hands="Regimen Mittens",ring1="Varar Ring",ring2="Varar Ring",
		back="Visucius's Mantle",waist="Klouskap Sash",legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan"}

sets.engaged.PetEngaged.PetDT = set_combine(sets.idle.Pet.Engaged,  {range="Divinator",ammo="Automat. Oil +3",
		head="Pitre Taj +1",neck="Empath Necklace",ear1="Handler's Earring +1",ear2="Handler's Earring",
		body="Foire Tobe +1",hands="Regimen Mittens",ring1="Varar Ring",ring2="Varar Ring",
		back="Visucius's Mantle",waist="Isa Belt",legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan"})--Pet: Damage Taken set

sets.engaged.PetEngaged.Ranged = set_combine(sets.idle.Pet.Engaged, {range="Divinator II",neck="Empath Necklace",
	hands="Regimen Mittens",legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",ear2="Burana Earring",ear1="Cirque Earring",back="Visucius's Mantle",
	waist="Klouskap Sash"})

sets.engaged.PetEngaged.Nuke = set_combine(sets.idle.Pet.Engaged, {range="Divinator II",
	legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan",hands="Naga Tekko",
	ear2="Burana Earring",ear1="Cirque Earring",back="Visucius's Mantle",
	waist="Klouskap Sash"})

sets.engaged.PetEngaged.Heal = set_combine(sets.idle.Pet.Engaged, {range="Divinator II",
	legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan",ear2="Burana Earring",ear1="Cirque Earring",back="Visucius's Mantle",
	waist="Klouskap Sash"})

sets.engaged.PetEngaged.Magic = set_combine(sets.idle.Pet.Engaged, {range="Divinator II",
	legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan",hands="Naga Tekko",
	ear2="Burana Earring",ear1="Cirque Earring",back="Visucius's Mantle",
	waist="Klouskap Sash"})

It will Equip 1st set only (sets.engaged.PetEngaged) all other sets are render useless ><

I am trying to acomodate so it works based on the pet.head

Any new ideas ?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-16 14:10:34  
Try changing the function to:
Code
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append(state.PetMode.value)
    end
end
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 14:16:27  
    end
end

Works except for the DT one

Still not 100% sure how to do that one (any ideas on that <I know I am asking for alot but I wanna be 100% Sure I can use PUP on any situation including Reisenjeima NM> also I am gonna swap armor for better ones like "Rao Set" once I get it crafted)

Do you recomend making a Different Set for it ? (Or just making it as the PLD Head set ?) If so how should i shortcut it ?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-16 14:23:46  
I don't really know anything about PUP, so it's hard for me to make any suggestions on how to design a solution, I can only make what is requested, and the IdleMode thing should work as long as you are idle.

If the pet isn't engaged, then it will use sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.
If it is engaged, it will use sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged OR sets.idle.PetDT.Pet.Engaged.<PetMode>, if that set exists.
If you don't have a pet at all, it would use sets.idle.PetDT.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-16 14:28:54  
oh, you just gave me the solution ^^; might be a little GETTO but for now should work

Gonna make my PDT set into (PetDT) :D

ty Flipp (sometimes just talking about ignites a lightbulb) :D

I shall research sopme other ways but for now it should do trick while I can test / work on it along with few other members :D

Ty man ! (or Woman) >< sorry not quite sure and don't wanna lack respect by calling you man if you are a girl

But also gonna try other sets you told me, (Been avoiding re-doing all Gearswap from Scratch but seems like be better choice to do that one day)

^^/
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-17 08:51:57  
Here is the new GearSwap for PUP (As Far as I got with it (STILL MOD-ing and Switching stuff around but this is good for the time being) Hopefully it helps)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [427 days between previous and next post]
By Teuphist 2017-11-18 12:25:30  
Try changing the function to:
Code
    end
end

So this used to work for me until recently. For some reason lately, no matter how I edit these functions, it will not equip the following set...
Code
sets.engaged.PetEngaged = {
		head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Triple Atk."+2','DEX+7','Accuracy+1',}},
		body="Tali'ah Manteel +1",
		hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+21 Attack+21','"Triple Atk."+4','Accuracy+9',}},
		legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Accuracy+13 Attack+13','"Triple Atk."+3','Accuracy+7',}},
		feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+30','"Triple Atk."+3','DEX+6',}},
		neck="Shulmanu Collar",
		waist="Klouskap Sash",
		left_ear="Telos Earring",
		right_ear="Domes. Earring",
		left_ring="Thurandaut Ring",
		right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
		back={ name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}},}

The same thing is happening with my idle sets based on the puppet build. i.e. Nuke (BLM). It used to keep me idle in...
Code
sets.idle.Pet.Engaged.Nuke = {
		head={ name="Pitre Taj +1", augments={'Enhances "Optimization" effect',}},
		body={ name="Naga Samue", augments={'Pet: MP+80','Automaton: "Cure" potency +4%','Automaton: "Fast Cast"+3',}},
		hands={ name="Naga Tekko", augments={'Pet: MP+80','Automaton: "Cure" potency +4%','Automaton: "Fast Cast"+3',}},
		legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",
		feet={ name="Naga Kyahan", augments={'Pet: MP+80','Automaton: "Cure" potency +4%','Automaton: "Fast Cast"+3',}},
		neck="Adad Amulet",
		waist="Ukko Sash",
		left_ear="Burana Earring",
		right_ear="Eabani Earring",
		left_ring="Varar Ring",
		right_ring="Varar Ring",
		back={ name="Visucius's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Pet: Magic Damage+10','Pet: Haste+10',}},}
but now will only idle in...
Code
sets.idle.Pet.Engaged = {
        head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+15 Pet: Rng. Acc.+15','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: CHR+4','Pet: Attack+13 Pet: Rng.Atk.+13',}},
		body={ name="Pitre Tobe +1", augments={'Enhances "Overdrive" effect',}},
		hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+24 Pet: Rng. Acc.+24','Pet: "Store TP"+11',}},
		legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+17 Pet: Rng. Acc.+17','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: INT+8','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
		feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+27 Pet: Rng. Acc.+27','Pet: "Store TP"+11','Pet: INT+2','Pet: Attack+14 Pet: Rng.Atk.+14',}},
		neck="Shulmanu Collar",
		waist="Klouskap Sash",
		left_ear="Rimeice Earring",
		right_ear="Domes. Earring",
		left_ring="Varar Ring",
		right_ring="Varar Ring",
		back="Penetrating Cape",}

It still swaps to the proper sets whenever the puppet casts, I'm just having trouble with the master/puppet engaged and idle while mage puppet is engaged sets.
Would anyone have any suggestions?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ragnarky
サーバ: Asura
user: Ragnark
By Asura.Ragnarky 2018-01-03 01:42:19  
using the about .lua for some GS doesn't correctly recongize the correct automaton head so it sets to the wrong petMode.

Also, is there a command i'm either not seeing to get the maneuvers to automatically trigger once the automaton is activated?