How Is SMN These Days?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » How is SMN these days?
How is SMN these days?

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2016-10-03 16:47:45  
Hastega 2 can last over 5 minutes.
With apogee and ahit, leviathan can be a powerful aoe cure.

Considering my smn against zerde and onycophora (botulus and sandworm) helm nms. I parsed 50% of the mob health against 3 others (blms on zerde, bsts on oncy) due to proper setup and af/ac.

With proper setup a smn is the biggest amount of spike damage to a single target in the space of 30s. The biggest problems the job faces are its relative lack of acc/macc on some situations and the relative primadonna issue of its buff requirements, don't buff a smn well and they will vastly underperform.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-10-03 20:05:00  
You can get hastega 2 to last 8mins with rare procs of over 16 min with empy set bonus.

karusanyoshi said: »
What kind of buffs do they need?

Buffs except a few COR rolls do not apply to pets, but any relevant debuffs on a mob do. Need is subjective, many situations you need none to do well others you need quite a bit. What to buff is also determined by which type pact you are buffing for. So I will just list what is possible based on my experience and game knowledge:

Physical
GEO: Geo-Frailty, Geo-Torpor
COR: Beast Roll, Drachen Roll, Light Shot Dia
RDM: Distract III, Dia III
BLU: Tourbillion or Tenebral Crush (Tourbillion is stronger and Tenebral doesn't stack with Tourb)
DRG: Angon
SMN: Aftermath level 1 or 2 from Nirvana, Kusamochi, Shiromochi, or Akamochi and any buffs for that Avatar (like warcry on Ifrit), Impact (all stats down), Diamond Storm (minor evasion down), Some minor stat boosts from Carbuncle (+25 to random one)/Fenrir (up to +7 to some) wards if using those avatar, minor evasion down from fenrir (doesn't stack with diamond storm), Garland of Bliss or Shellcrusher
Coop: Make skillchains with yourself or other players for a lot more worth out of your rage timers

Or anything else listed on the defense down page, but only one will stack where as dia, cor rolls, geomancy are all unique and thus stackable.

Magical
GEO: Geo-Malaise, Geo-Languor
COR: Puppet Roll, Companions Roll, Quickdraw of Element, Fire Shot Burn
RUN: Gambit and Rayke
RDM: Frazzle III
BLU: Tearing Gust
BRD: Threnody II of the element
SMN: Shiva TP Bonus, Rolanberry Daifuku, Grape Daifuku, Conflag Strike (INT down), Impact (All stats down, stacks with Conflag), Ultimate Terror (Absorb multiple stats, not known if it stacks with Impact), stat boosts if using Carbuncle/Fenrir, Shattersoul
Coop: Burst off your own (with apogee) or others chains, SCH or DD are great for making skillchains for you.

Hybrid
GEO: Geo-Malaise, Geo-Frailty, if Accuracy an issue Geo-Languor and Geo-Torpor from a separate GEO.
COR: Beast Roll, Puppet Roll if accuracy an issue Drachen Roll too from a 2nd COR
RDM: Frazzle III, Dia III, Distract III
BRD: Threnody II of element (so fire)
RUN: Gambit and Rayke
BLU: Tourbillion, Tenebral Crush (Tourbillion is stronger and Tenebral doesn't stack with Tourb), Tearing Gust
BST: Swooping Frenzy or Corrosive Oooze
SMN: Any and all from both Physical and Magical
Coop: as with physical, skillchain with it.

Night Terror
Gets its own category, it seems to ignore magic evasion so just stack MAB and MDB down. (ignore things like languor and frazzle and threnody if going this route). Magic burst this is not necessary but also adds damage.

Breath Damage
Ignores MDT, so very useful. Magic evasion does factor in though so just use magical buffs. Magic bursted Conflag is very nice but Nether Blast historically didn't use bursts much if at all.

Italized Geomancy is the one you should use job abilities on and cast with Blaze and Ecliptic if possible, others are ok to be indi- cast most the time.

Notes
It is a rare BST or BLU that will accomidate you and their debuffs don't stack, but it is another form of lowering stats few explore and it can be very potent, there's also usually lot of either around at this time (as in they are popular).

WAR tomahawk also gets a special mention as does rayke as they can both let you do either damage or a level of damage you couldn't other wise (tomahawk even lets you do some dmg to invincible targets, rayke lets you do full magic damage even to toads etc).

COR JA resets also are very valuable on SMN, as pacts are job abilities so it allows you to reuse them right away. Random Deal after using Apogee and 2 pacts is a good way to do 4 pacts in a row, for example.

One ideal setup for SMN Flaming Crush for example is RDM RUN GEO COR SMN, with the 6th slot open (could be a 2nd SMN or anything else), though it is rare to setup that way as usually just GEO and COR are enough or you're not using Crush in the first place.

A typical setup for SMN bursting is RUN GEO SCH COR SMN with again the sixth slot open for whatever you wish, a 2nd SMN or a RDM or WHM are often used.

There aren't really rigid setups for SMN, understanding ways it can be setup though can help you make the best out of the resources and job choices of your friends available to you at any given time.

That's how to support SMN in a nutshell, there's other debuffs I also didn't list but those are ones I've never used. All debuffs are not equal either, so it'd be good to familiarize yourself with the potency for each if you plan on making SMN setups for yourself. If you have more questions there's lots of knowledgeable well geared SMN here that can help answer you, Frod definitely among them.

karusanyoshi said: »
I saw some adjustments made a while back to their healing pacts, and wanted to know what smn's are like these days.

I recently updated bg-wiki with a lot of info on them and you can see testing here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46440/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide-v2/46/#3121161
[+]